Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Higher education as a pyramid scheme.

On May 25, 1:35*pm, Jenn wrote:

*ScottW wrote:
On May 25, 10:56*am, Jenn wrote:

*In either case, what is your
evidence that CA teachers are "among the lowest performers in the
nation"?

*In price, Ca. teachers are number 1. *Are they number 1 in
performance? *No.

Again, what is your evidence for this IRT performance?

Here's one.

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

Ca. a wonderful 46th.

Did you see their criteria?

http://www.morganquitno.com/edfact06.htm#FACTORS

Note how much of that is outside the teachers' influence.

I've tried using debating trade tactics such as the use of logic or
actually parsing his 'data' with 2pid before. They never work. For
example, I showed 2pid that, according to the data he provided, oil
drilling in the ANWR would result in a potential drop in oil prices of
about twenty cents per barrel (in 10 years). This was as a counter to
his argument that new dicoveries or supplies can have huge impacts on
futures prices, even though the discovery of billions of barrels in
the Williston Basin recently have had no such effect. But I am quite
sure that in 2pid's 'mind' my posts have no 'content'. He has also
stated that (despite your recent compliment) they are not well-written
either.

I do not have time or the patience right now to delve into 2pid's
claim that "education is chock-full of waste" and compare and contrast
that view with 2pid's blind acceptance of anything that anybody wants
to throw into the defense budget, which dwarfs our spending on
education. I suspect that some hypocrisy on the part of 2pid might be
exposed if I did. One F-22, for example, would pay for about 8,000
students at $25,000 each. But there is no waste in military spending
as I would have seen first-hand had I ever served.

Anyway, teachers work for the schools, therefore they are responsible
for everything that happens or fails to happen in them. And now 2pid
has provided you with "proof" that "Ca schools suck".

Therefore, since teachers work for schools and 2pid has some data
showing that "Ca schools suck", it logically follows that the
influence of non-US students being accepted to US schools is to
blame.

Checkmate, Jenn. You lose. 2pid 'wins'.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On May 25, 1:35*pm, Jenn wrote:

*ScottW wrote:
On May 25, 10:56*am, Jenn wrote:

[...]

I'd be interested in knowing what specific things Scott believes are
waste in schools. I'd also be interested in whether or not there is
waste where he works.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn wrote:

*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

I do not have time or the patience right now to delve into 2pid's
claim that "education is chock-full of waste"

I'd be interested in knowing what specific things Scott believes are
waste in schools.

Clearly one area where 2pid feels there is "waste" in education is
teacher's salaries.

I'd also be interested in whether or not there is
waste where he works.

Clearly one area there is "waste" at 2pid's place of employment is
2pid's salary.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 25, 7:31*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 25, 12:59*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

On May 25, 1:35*pm, Jenn wrote:

*ScottW wrote:
On May 25, 10:56*am, Jenn wrote:

[...]

*Last time I was in San Marcos unified district office it was
2 complete floors in the San Marcos city hall complex that was
only about 25% occuppied.

But this is a great example.http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...4,1,7957405.co...

Sorry, 2pid. This is from the LA Times.

You've convinced me what a POS liburral organ this is, so any news
from it is suspect unless confirmed by LGF.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 25, 12:59*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

On May 25, 1:35*pm, Jenn wrote:

*ScottW wrote:
On May 25, 10:56*am, Jenn wrote:

[...]

Do you know of a better/cheaper building they could have had instead?

But this is a great example.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...7957405.column

That building was probably designed and contracted 3-5 years ago, when
they already owned the land and the price of steel was something like
about half what it is now. (I have current experience in these things)
At any rate, it looks like a school that will be a source of pride, and
that will fit into the surrounding area. Have you ever been there? So
how about some local-to-you waste? What would you cut in SM?