Mike Rivers

Default What Will They Think of Selling Next?

eBay Item # 5723072385

"wire harnesses that we clipped out of old tube consoles, amps made
from the mid-1930's to early 1950's"

Genuine vintage scrap wire, to say nothing of destroying what might
have been interesting vintage consoles.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Mike Rivers

In article hFF6d.73061$wV.55886@attbi_s54 writes:

Hmm, I wonder how much I can get for some vintage tube shields from my
heathkit rigs.

I understand that Heathkit nut starters are going for a few bucks.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

S O'Neill

Mike Rivers wrote:

I understand that Heathkit nut starters are going for a few bucks.

You can't mean those little red plactic tubes that fit one nut?

S O'Neill

Mike Rivers wrote:

I understand that Heathkit nut starters are going for a few bucks.

You can't mean those little red plactic tubes that fit one nut?

martin griffith

On 29 Sep 2004 16:20:52 -0400, in rec.audio.pro you wrote:

eBay Item # 5723072385

"wire harnesses that we clipped out of old tube consoles, amps made
from the mid-1930's to early 1950's"

Genuine vintage scrap wire, to say nothing of destroying what might
have been interesting vintage consoles.

Well, there may be some esoteric use for pre "first nuclear explosion"
cable in the scientific community

http://listserv.arizona.edu/cgi-bin/...T=0&F=&S=&P=53

martin

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 29 Sep 2004 16:20:52 -0400, Mike Rivers wrote:

eBay Item # 5723072385

"wire harnesses that we clipped out of old tube consoles, amps made
from the mid-1930's to early 1950's"

Genuine vintage scrap wire, to say nothing of destroying what might
have been interesting vintage consoles.

ever wee Wing Nuts on Discovery? "American Choppers" style show about
an outfit that makes "art" out of scrapped airplane parts.

Mike Rivers

In article PEU6d.11554$sP2.9140@trndny04 writes:

ever wee Wing Nuts on Discovery? "American Choppers" style show about
an outfit that makes "art" out of scrapped airplane parts.

No, but on this morning's Morning Edition on NPR, there was a story
about a guy named Jim Williams (not the Audio Upgrades Jim Williams)
who collects electronic "junk" and what he doesn't use in his shop,
uses for sculptures and wall decorations. The story and link to some
of his art work at

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown....p-2004&prgId=3

near the bottom of the page.

--