Default Eclair Engineering Evil Twin DIs

Hi,

To my surprise, a little while ago I found out that Bruce Seifried
started making Evil Twin DIs once again. So.....I ordered a pair of
them, each with the mic pre & phantom power options.

I got them tonight and the preliminary reports are that they seem to be
**really** sweet. It's kind of hard to describe the sound, but they're
full and....sweet. The mic pres seem to be nice, too, although I only
spent a short time through them. You would imagine that as mainly a
recording tool for bass guitar, a tool like this might be fat and
woofy, but it has a killer, very detailed high end, both through the DI
and mic pre. I love it!

Great product! A keeper.

Gord

GKB

Yeah , i gotta say mine never fails to give me something good.
He spent allot of time & attention in the details of design ,
It's the guys like him & Dan Kennedy [ and a few others ]
who still have some integrity

Record On !

regards Greg

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

To my surprise, a little while ago I found out that Bruce Seifried
started making Evil Twin DIs once again. So.....I ordered a pair of
them, each with the mic pre & phantom power options.

I got them tonight and the preliminary reports are that they seem to be
**really** sweet. It's kind of hard to describe the sound, but they're
full and....sweet. The mic pres seem to be nice, too, although I only
spent a short time through them. You would imagine that as mainly a
recording tool for bass guitar, a tool like this might be fat and
woofy, but it has a killer, very detailed high end, both through the DI
and mic pre. I love it!

Great product! A keeper.

Gord

Haolemon

As I recall, these are about $800 or so. How much more does it cost to
add the mic pre?

The units are $895 each now, and the Jensen transformer balanced mic
pre option with phantom power is an extra $300. As I recall, he used to
build the mic pre into a separate box, but it's all in one unit now.
The blue light is very cool, too!

Gord

Haolemon

I've always heard raves about these as DI's, but haven't seen comments
on the characteristics of the mic pre. Any opinions?

Thanks

GKB

I've used mine for " DJ " style v/o worked well , the unit does have
passive
inductor boost which can be usefull & fun ! I have used it to record gtr
too
but use it more as a D.I. tube gain device .
It's not a high gain device , but fine with most good level microphones .

regards Greg

oups.com...