Cedric

Default Eureka Presonus or Mindprint DTC

I'm looking for a quality preamp - compressor - EQ, and I was thinking
about the Mindprint DTC, and I was advised to have look at the
Presonus Eureka.

Do the two preamps compare (even though the DTC is valve and the
eureka is class A) ?
Which one would you guys go for ?

Thanks

JMJLouis
Scott Dorsey

Cedric wrote:
I'm looking for a quality preamp - compressor - EQ, and I was thinking
about the Mindprint DTC, and I was advised to have look at the
Presonus Eureka.

So, did you?

Do the two preamps compare (even though the DTC is valve and the
eureka is class A) ?

Most valve stages are class A, I would hope. Unless they are push-pull
and even then they might well be run into class A.

Which one would you guys go for ?

Which one sounds better to you? I'd just buy a Great River preamp
personally, and save up for EQ and compression later, but part of that
depends on what you're looking for in the way of EQ and compression. You
want transparent gainriding or you want audible squash? You want to be
able to do surgical EQ or just looking for nice wide and relaxed filters?

What do you want? What have you liked the sound of before?

Presonus Eureka mididude Pro Audio 0 March 11th 04 04:00 PM
Presonus firestation---firewire harddrive conflicts Brian Robertson Pro Audio 2 October 8th 03 10:11 PM
Presonus TubePre or simple DI box ? soup salad Pro Audio 6 September 26th 03 06:39 PM