Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

Default Orion Anniversary Edition

I just noticed that the Orion Anniversary Edition amplifiers have been
out for a while now. Besides looks and cost, what do these amplifiers
share with the Orion of old?
Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin[_2_] John Durbin[_2_] is offline

balls... big hairy brass ones.

JD

OldSch00lf00l wrote:
I just noticed that the Orion Anniversary Edition amplifiers have been
out for a while now. Besides looks and cost, what do these amplifiers
share with the Orion of old?

Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

John Durbin wrote:
balls... big hairy brass ones.

JD

Mainly, I just wanted to know if the 2 and 4 channel models were
overbuilt like the good old days. You know, the amplifiers that were
rated at 25x2 yet had FETS that could easily sustain 400 watts of output.

Granted, I have changed my philosophy recently and have come to realize
that Class D is the best way to power subwoofers. Maybe I should change
my nym to NewSch00lC0nvert....
kartinkent kartinkent is offline
Junior Member

Orion is modular in design like its Mercury, Gemini and Apollo forebears. The spacecraft consists of a launch abort system located at the very top of the ensemble, a crew module, a crew service module and a spacecraft adapter.