Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jack Jarmush Jack Jarmush is offline

Default use roland cube street amp headphone out as line out?

Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:17:02 -0800 (PST), Jack Jarmush
wrote:

Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

You may get a result if you open it up and bridge the contacts on the
output jack. Put a DI box between the headphone output and the house
PA.

But before you do this, get the house engineer to simply put a mic in
front of the Cube's speaker. This may not sound as crap as you'd
expect!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Jack Jarmush wrote:
Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

Get the fellow at your local TV repair shop to go in there and move
the wire so that the switch in the jack no longer disables the connection
to the speaker. It's a ten-minute job but requires careful soldering.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Mar 5, 9:26*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
In article ,
Jack Jarmush wrote:

Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

Get the fellow at your local TV repair shop to go in there and move
the wire so that the switch in the jack no longer disables the connection
to the speaker. *It's a ten-minute job but requires careful soldering.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Are there really such thing as TV repair shops anymore? :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

,
Jack Jarmush wrote:

Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

Get the fellow at your local TV repair shop to go in there and move
the wire so that the switch in the jack no longer disables the connection
to the speaker. It's a ten-minute job but requires careful soldering.

Are there really such thing as TV repair shops anymore? :-)

Absolutely.
There's two within 3 miles of my house. They service VCR's too.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don P. Don P. is offline

"polymod" scribbled:

"Danny T" wrote in message
..

Are there really such thing as TV repair shops anymore? :-)

Absolutely.
There's two within 3 miles of my house. They service VCR's too.

Poly

VCR? Who uses those? :-)

How about Edison cylinders? Or Elcasettes?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jack Jarmush Jack Jarmush is offline

On Mar 5, 4:26*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
In article ,
Jack Jarmush wrote:

Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

Get the fellow at your local TV repair shop to go in there and move
the wire so that the switch in the jack no longer disables the connection
to the speaker. *It's a ten-minute job but requires careful soldering.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

thanks Scott, problem is i live in Paris where repair shopd should be
called broken forever shops. I'll try to do it myself.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] tmitchell_au@yahoo.com is offline

On Friday, 5 March 2010 22:17:02 UTC+11, Jack Jarmush wrote:
Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

Who knows if this is useful now so long since original post, but .....
I used another method to create a line out. Bought a Response (brand) Speaker (High level) to Line Level converter (about $15) and installed it in the Cube by soldering wires onto the speaker wires and then drilling a hole in the back of the unit (there is room under the delay/reverb on the mic/line channel) and fitting a "Line Out" jack there. It is great using the cube as foldback for my vocal and guitar when playing with the band and a P.A. It also keeps my Vocal/ Guitar mix as I set it in front of house and means that I only need one input on the desk/P.A. instead of 2, which can sometimes be handy with a smaller rig.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 9915000@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 12:27:31 PM UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

Hello, thanks a lot, it's a great idea

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mr.frap@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, 5 March 2010 11:17:02 UTC, Jack Jarmush wrote:
Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

get a sm57 mic and a long xlr cable=about £110. pa guy puts that into his desk preamp, sound everywhere. maybe an adaptor in headphone out to a massive powered speaker? or mod it youtube vids.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

wrote:
On Friday, 5 March 2010 11:17:02 UTC, Jack Jarmush wrote:
Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

get a sm57 mic and a long xlr cable=about £110. pa guy puts that into his
desk preamp, sound everywhere. maybe an adaptor in headphone out to a
massive powered speaker? or mod it youtube vids.

There is probably a switch inside the headphone jack that opens up the
speaker output when headphones are plugged in. Either rewire the switch, or
if the speaker terminals are accessible, wire a resistive divider across
that and feed it through a DI into the desk.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:
[...]

And 1 minute on Google got me this.