#1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
external usenet poster

Default Apropos Actual Use of Tube Equipment

In my travels, I have accumulated a variety of vintage Dynaco stuff, pretty much untouched since-found. These include:

Dynaco PAS3X
" FM3
" ST35

I had done the basic restoration on the 35 years ago, so over this weekend, I did the power-supplies and filament voltage supplies for both the tuner and the pre-amp. Together with the 35, a vintage Sony CD changer and an AR Athena speaker system, they will become my office system. Given that I spend 45 - 50 hours per week 'at work', I may as well have a nice little system to provided background music. As I have my own office with block walls, I have no worries about making too much noise.

Even though I am in a basement dead-center of a city-block complex, the Tuner does seem to receive reliably.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

#2   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
external usenet poster

Default Apropos Actual Use of Tube Equipment

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 3:59:54 PM UTC-4, Peter Wieck wrote:
In my travels, I have accumulated a variety of vintage Dynaco stuff, pretty much untouched since-found. These include:

Dynaco PAS3X
" FM3
" ST35

I had done the basic restoration on the 35 years ago, so over this weekend, I did the power-supplies and filament voltage supplies for both the tuner and the pre-amp. Together with the 35, a vintage Sony CD changer and an AR Athena speaker system, they will become my office system. Given that I spend 45 - 50 hours per week 'at work', I may as well have a nice little system to provided background music. As I have my own office with block walls, I have no worries about making too much noise.

Even though I am in a basement dead-center of a city-block complex, the Tuner does seem to receive reliably.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Reached 90 hours on the system as-installed today. No problems. And as there is a continuous stream of vendors, colleagues and workers through the office, I have opportunities to demonstrate tubes to 'new' people.

"All The Road Running" is playing at this moment.