New vs Old Cars

Old May 4th 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L

Default New vs Old Cars

The new cars we have now are really remarkable in a lot of ways but
fixing up and modernizing an old one can be not only fun but give a
lot more useful vehicle sometimes.

The new cars are saddled with all kinds of high tech, most of which I
neither need nor desire. The current scam is TPMS (Tire Pressure
Monitoring System). All the new cars have to have it. It's an
unnecessary pain in the ass.

Then of course you have the cornucopia of safety and smog equipment
that again represent some arbitrary notion of what ought to be. If we
harmonized our emissions standards with Europe and Japan we would save
almost five percent of our total petroleum use as well as improve the
export prospects of our own cars and reduce costs to the car owner.
But noooo, we can't do that. Environmental whackoism is not LIKE a
religion, as Bob Whitaker correctly says of Political Correctness, it
IS a religion. As such it should be treated the same way as if the LDS
Church wanted coffee banished or the Seventh Day Adventists wanted all
stores to close on Saturday.

Just a thought.
Old May 4th 10, 03:53 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_]

On May 3, 7:07*pm, Bret L > wrote:
> *The new cars we have now are really remarkable in a lot of ways but
> fixing up and modernizing an old one can be not only fun but give a
> lot more useful vehicle sometimes.
>
> *The new cars are saddled with all kinds of high tech, most of which I
> neither need nor desire. The current scam is TPMS (Tire Pressure
> Monitoring System). All the new cars have to have it. It's an
> unnecessary pain in the ass.
>
> *Then of course you have the cornucopia of safety and smog equipment
> that again represent some arbitrary notion of what ought to be. If we
> harmonized our emissions standards with Europe and Japan we would save
> almost five percent of our total petroleum use as well as improve the
> export prospects of our own cars and reduce costs to the car owner.
> But noooo, we can't do that. Environmental whackoism is not LIKE a
> religion, as Bob Whitaker correctly says of Political Correctness, it
> IS a religion. As such it should be treated the same way as if the LDS
> Church wanted coffee banished or the Seventh Day Adventists wanted all
> stores to close on Saturday.
>
> *Just a thought.

Old cars have ****ty brakes. New cars have great breaks. Old cars
can't get all that horsepower to the wheels. New cars do. Old cars
have seats that mess up your lower back. New cars have lumbar support
systems. Old cars tend to bust up into pieces upon impact, with some
of those pieces often flying through the bodies of the occupants. New
cars have crumple zones, airbags and other safety features that
greatly improve your chances of surviving an accident.

Old cars are great for collecting. But they suck as daily drivers.
Old May 4th 10, 04:47 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

On May 3, 9:53*pm, Boon > wrote:
> On May 3, 7:07*pm, Bret L > wrote:
>

> > *The new cars we have now are really remarkable in a lot of ways but
> > fixing up and modernizing an old one can be not only fun but give a
> > lot more useful vehicle sometimes.

> > *The new cars are saddled with all kinds of high tech, most of which I
> > neither need nor desire. The current scam is TPMS (Tire Pressure
> > Monitoring System). All the new cars have to have it. It's an
> > unnecessary pain in the ass.

> > *Then of course you have the cornucopia of safety and smog equipment
> > that again represent some arbitrary notion of what ought to be. If we
> > harmonized our emissions standards with Europe and Japan we would save
> > almost five percent of our total petroleum use as well as improve the
> > export prospects of our own cars and reduce costs to the car owner.
> > But noooo, we can't do that. Environmental whackoism is not LIKE a
> > religion, as Bob Whitaker correctly says of Political Correctness, it
> > IS a religion. As such it should be treated the same way as if the LDS
> > Church wanted coffee banished or the Seventh Day Adventists wanted all
> > stores to close on Saturday.

> > *Just a thought.

> Old cars have ****ty brakes. New cars have great breaks. Old cars
> can't get all that horsepower to the wheels. New cars do. Old cars
> have seats that mess up your lower back. New cars have lumbar support
> systems. Old cars tend to bust up into pieces upon impact, with some
> of those pieces often flying through the bodies of the occupants. New
> cars have crumple zones, airbags and other safety features that
> greatly improve your chances of surviving an accident.
>
> Old cars are great for collecting. But they suck as daily drivers.

Boon, you're talking to a guy who furnishes his home from church
rummage sales and flea markets. A person who could not afford a new
car if he saved his entire annual earnings for several years. ((Jesus
Christ, a guy who can drive his "home" to a new lot if he can find
somebody with a fifth wheel who will help him move it. Shhhh!))

Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.
Old May 4th 10, 05:04 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_]

On May 3, 10:47*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
> wrote:
> On May 3, 9:53*pm, Boon > wrote:
>

> > On May 3, 7:07*pm, Bret L > wrote:

> > > *The new cars we have now are really remarkable in a lot of ways but
> > > fixing up and modernizing an old one can be not only fun but give a
> > > lot more useful vehicle sometimes.

> > > *The new cars are saddled with all kinds of high tech, most of which I
> > > neither need nor desire. The current scam is TPMS (Tire Pressure
> > > Monitoring System). All the new cars have to have it. It's an
> > > unnecessary pain in the ass.

> > > *Then of course you have the cornucopia of safety and smog equipment
> > > that again represent some arbitrary notion of what ought to be. If we
> > > harmonized our emissions standards with Europe and Japan we would save
> > > almost five percent of our total petroleum use as well as improve the
> > > export prospects of our own cars and reduce costs to the car owner.
> > > But noooo, we can't do that. Environmental whackoism is not LIKE a
> > > religion, as Bob Whitaker correctly says of Political Correctness, it
> > > IS a religion. As such it should be treated the same way as if the LDS
> > > Church wanted coffee banished or the Seventh Day Adventists wanted all
> > > stores to close on Saturday.

> > > *Just a thought.

> > Old cars have ****ty brakes. New cars have great breaks. Old cars
> > can't get all that horsepower to the wheels. New cars do. Old cars
> > have seats that mess up your lower back. New cars have lumbar support
> > systems. Old cars tend to bust up into pieces upon impact, with some
> > of those pieces often flying through the bodies of the occupants. New
> > cars have crumple zones, airbags and other safety features that
> > greatly improve your chances of surviving an accident.

> > Old cars are great for collecting. But they suck as daily drivers.

> Boon, you're talking to a guy who furnishes his home from church
> rummage sales and flea markets. A person who could not afford a new
> car if he saved his entire annual earnings for several years. ((Jesus
> Christ, a guy who can drive his "home" to a new lot if he can find
> somebody with a fifth wheel who will help him move it. Shhhh!))
>
> Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
> forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
> it is.

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

Old May 4th 10, 06:35 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 3, 11:04*pm, Boon > wrote:
> On May 3, 10:47*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
> > wrote:
> > On May 3, 9:53*pm, Boon > wrote:

> > Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
> > forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
> > it is.

> Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
> epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
> Cobalt.

I remember in the 1980s I had an girlfriend who drove one. She called
me from a gas station and said her car had stopped running. I drove
out, opened the hood, and saw a dime-sized hole in the block.

POS is being polite, but Bratzi loves his. It's all he can afford
since he sends all of his money to that other broke-ass idiot Sailer.
Old May 4th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L

> > Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
> > forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
> > it is.

You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.

> Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
> epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
> Cobalt.

The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.
Old May 4th 10, 06:39 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 4, 12:37*am, Bret L > wrote:
> > > Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
> > > forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
> > > it is.

> *You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
> for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.
>

> > Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
> > epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
> > Cobalt.

> *The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
> as yourself is right twice a day.

It's OK, Bratzi. For a couple of hundred bucks an hour I can find you
a woman ((one who's alive even. Shhhh!)) who will agree that your POS
vehicle is "kitschy".
Old May 4th 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_]

In article
Bret L > wrote:

> > > Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
> > > forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
> > > it is.

> You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
> for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.

Citizens of Nevada will be curious to learn when they moved to the
Midwest.
Old May 5th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_]

On May 4, 12:37*am, Bret L > wrote:
> > > Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
> > > forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
> > > it is.

> *You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
> for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.
>

> > Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
> > epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
> > Cobalt.

> *The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
> as yourself is right twice a day.

While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
boy.
Old May 5th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L

> > > Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
> > > epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
> > > Cobalt.

> > *The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
> > as yourself is right twice a day.

> While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
> boy.

Vinylanatch, who died and left you a degree in psychiatry you could
put your name on as if you could have earned it?

You don't know your ass from a teakettle.

Your opinions on old cars are as dopey as those on audio. For
example, now in 2010, a Porsche 928 could be called an "old car". We
rarely see them out here, even though they were subject to the usual
Porsche galvanizing and so the tinworm hasn't impacted them badly. A
928 has brakes and roadholding on a par with current production cars,
and is a far better car than any rear engine Porsche. The seats are
first rate. First rate seats started with Recaro in the late
seventies, and one of the great things about project cars is you can
put any seats you want in them. The Bosch electrics are mediocre, but
most German cars still have Bosch electrics and they are still as
mediocre as ever.

That's why you're impressed with crap like Harbeth speakers and
koetsu cartridges. You see things in terms of preppy peer acceptance.
I don't like preppies or yuppies.

No cars! Buses! George M. Middius[_4_] Audio Opinions 1 December 12th 08 02:13 AM
HOT CARS jianbabygail Car Audio 2 March 7th 08 05:55 PM
DVD Cars System nico[_2_] Car Audio 1 August 30th 07 04:31 PM
Very fast cars [email protected] Car Audio 0 May 21st 07 03:38 PM
Best cars! Christian ranftl Car Audio 1 May 11th 04 03:30 PM