Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default Three questions Arny has so far refused to answer

ups.com...
From: "Clyde Slick"
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:05:45 -0500

Turn on your sarcasm detector

Sorry, it was adjusted for Shhh!

Oh, you mean all that right-wing drivel was *sarcasm*?

Lo siento. I was actually taking you guys seriously.

Its a detector, moron.
I had to set it to detect as little as .00001
microns to find any humor from you.
Its still scanning.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: "Clyde Slick"
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:27:47 -0500

Oh, you mean all that right-wing drivel was *sarcasm*?
Lo siento. I was actually taking you guys seriously.

Its a detector, moron.
I had to set it to detect as little as .00001
microns to find any humor from you.
Its still scanning.

How can you possibly joke around at a time like this?

We're at war. I'm going to go build my shelter now. LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

oups.com...
From: "Clyde Slick"
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:27:47 -0500

Oh, you mean all that right-wing drivel was *sarcasm*?
Lo siento. I was actually taking you guys seriously.

Its a detector, moron.
I had to set it to detect as little as .00001
microns to find any humor from you.
Its still scanning.

How can you possibly joke around at a time like this?

We're at war. I'm going to go build my shelter now. LOL!

Be sure that it is COMPLETELY air tight.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:28:46 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

John, doesn't it hurt to keep running at a brick wall
with your head down?

Good insight.

For a change.

You know, Arnie, I believe this is an admission on your part that no
matter how reasonable and logical Mr. Atkinson is, he's never going to
get anywhere with you, that you're never going to admit error or even
clarify the assertions he demands you clarify. Is this correct,
because that's how your post reads?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:32:58 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"paul packer" wrote in message

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:46:14 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

I think that Atkinson may have encouraged both Art
Sackman and George Middius as they made vile personal
attacks of various kinds on me.

So you think that George Middius needs the encouragement
of a third party to make vile personal attacks on you?

If you can't figure out the difference between that and what I just said
Paul, then you are really too stupid to bother with at all.

I see your sense of humour is as sharp as ever, Arnie.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote:

John, doesn't it hurt to keep running at a brick wall
with your head down?

Good insight.

For a change.

You know, Arnie, I believe this is an admission on your
part that no matter how reasonable and logical Mr.
Atkinson is, he's never going to get anywhere with you,
that you're never going to admit error or even clarify
the assertions he demands you clarify.

Atkinson's biggest problem is Atkinson, not me.

Is this correct, because that's how your post reads?

It takes a real twit to read it that way, Paul. I guess you've pre-qualified
yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

John, doesn't it hurt to keep running at a brick wall
with your head down?

Good insight.

For a change.

You know, Arnie, I believe this is an admission on your
part that no matter how reasonable and logical Mr.
Atkinson is, he's never going to get anywhere with you,
that you're never going to admit error or even clarify
the assertions he demands you clarify.

Atkinson's biggest problem is Atkinson, not me.

Er........no.

Is this correct, because that's how your post reads?

It takes a real twit to read it that way, Paul. I guess you've pre-qualified
yourself.

A "twit" now, Arny? And over on aus.hi-fi you're telling me how
intelligent I am. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

It takes a real twit to read it that way, Paul.

A "twit" now, Arny? And over on aus.hi-fi you're telling me how
intelligent I am. :-)

Sounds entertaining. Be a natty bloke and cross-post some of that
exchange.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:20:13 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

paul packer said:

It takes a real twit to read it that way, Paul.

A "twit" now, Arny? And over on aus.hi-fi you're telling me how
intelligent I am. :-)

Sounds entertaining. Be a natty bloke and cross-post some of that
exchange.

You don't know where aus.hi-fi is, George?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Wed, Feb 8 2006 7:05 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

How can you possibly joke around at a time like this?

We're at war. I'm going to go build my shelter now. LOL!

Be sure that it is COMPLETELY air tight.

Typical conservative. Stifling dissent at any cost, including death.

I, for example, do not hope that you die. I'm just hoping that you grow
some brains.

Given that you guys are opposed to stem cell research, that isn't
likely though.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Wed, Feb 8 2006 7:05 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

How can you possibly joke around at a time like this?

We're at war. I'm going to go build my shelter now. LOL!

Be sure that it is COMPLETELY air tight.

Typical conservative. Stifling dissent at any cost, including death.

I, for example, do not hope that you die. I'm just hoping that you grow
some brains.

Given that you guys are opposed to stem cell research, that isn't
likely though.

Huh?
I'm in favor of it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Given that you guys are opposed to stem cell research, that isn't
likely though.

Huh?
I'm in favor of it.

Based on what you've told us on this forum, the only reason you've given
for voting for Dubya was to forestall gay marriages.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Based on what you've told us on this forum, the only reason you've given
for voting for Dubya was to forestall gay marriages.

Huh?

Based on what you've told us on this forum, the only reason you've given
for voting for Dubya was to forestall gay marriages.

It wasn't an issue when he was running.

Really?!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0040224-2.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...lections/2004/
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NG3A9LLVI1.DTL

Enough facts for you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Clyde Slick said:

Based on what you've told us on this forum, the only reason you've
given
for voting for Dubya was to forestall gay marriages.

Huh?

Based on what you've told us on this forum, the only reason you've given
for voting for Dubya was to forestall gay marriages.

It wasn't an issue when he was running.

Really?!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0040224-2.html

one spech 9 months before the election, ho hum

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...lections/2004/

irrelevant to the subject

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NG3A9LLVI1.DTL

opinions of a wself possessed San Francico Feminazi.

Enough facts for you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:05:08 -0500, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

opinions of a wself possessed San Francico Feminazi.

What does this mean when it's correctly spelt?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote:

opinions of a wself possessed San Francico Feminazi.

What does this mean when it's correctly spelt?

One of your balls has just been cut off.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: paul packer
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 6:25 pm
Email: (paul packer)

opinions of a wself possessed San Francico Feminazi.

What does this mean when it's correctly spelt?

It means the text converter was broken again during Rush's radio
broadcast so that slick couldn't see how it was spelled.

You can always tell someone who is brainlessly quoting what they heard
Rush say because they used tired old phrases like 'feminazi,'
'tree-hugging environmentalist whacko,' 'eco-terrorist,' and so on.

Don't you have brainless neocon fascist radio broadcasts in Oz?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: paul packer
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 6:25 pm
Email: (paul packer)

opinions of a wself possessed San Francico Feminazi.

What does this mean when it's correctly spelt?

It means the text converter was broken again during Rush's radio
broadcast so that slick couldn't see how it was spelled.

You can always tell someone who is brainlessly quoting what they heard
Rush say because they used tired old phrases like 'feminazi,'
'tree-hugging environmentalist whacko,' 'eco-terrorist,' and so on.

Don't you have brainless neocon fascist radio broadcasts in Oz?

Sorry, I wasn't listening th 'the vast right wing consipiricy' lately.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 10:22 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Sorry, I wasn't listening th 'the vast right wing consipiricy' lately.

It's OK. Once you're brainwashed, you only need freshening up once in a
while.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 10:22 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Sorry, I wasn't listening th 'the vast right wing consipiricy' lately.

It's OK. Once you're brainwashed, you only need freshening up once in a
while.

You deprogramming efforts are in a sorry state.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 11:38 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

You deprogramming efforts are in a sorry state.

But I like you just as you are. I'd never dream of deprogramming you.

You're kind of like the court jester. You make an ass of yourself and
we all get to laugh at you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 10:02 am
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Given that you guys are opposed to stem cell research, that isn't
likely though.

Huh?
I'm in favor of it.

You're not if you voted for bushie.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 10:02 am
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Given that you guys are opposed to stem cell research, that isn't
likely though.

Huh?
I'm in favor of it.

You're not if you voted for bushie.

That is complete bull****, and you know it.
You don't have to back 100% of a candidate's
positions to vote for him. Voting for a candidate
does not at all signify agreement with every one of his positions.

You alluded to that yourself 2 days ago, talking about
the allegedly increasing numbers of poor people voting
Republican, supposedly against their own economic interests
..

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Sorry, it's reality and not bull****.

You don't have to back 100% of a candidate's
positions to vote for him. Voting for a candidate
does not at all signify agreement with every one of his positions.

with it. It is logical. It is true. You cannot argue your way around
it, no matter how hard you huff and puff.

If you supported bushie, you supported banning stem cell research
whether or not you personally agree with that ban. Apparently it wasn't
important enough to you for you to vote otherwise.

You alluded to that yourself 2 days ago, talking about
the allegedly increasing numbers of poor people voting
Republican, supposedly against their own economic interests

I alluded to no such thing. You've missed the point again, Mr. One
Dimension. Go back and reread what I wrote (not that I think you'll get
it this time either...).

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

[...]

you are the one making one dimensional claims.
Voting for a candidate is NOT the same
as supporting all og his positions.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Tues, Feb 14 2006 7:28 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

you are the one making one dimensional claims.

Nope. Take a course in logic sometime. It will (perhaps) make you
appear less stupid.

Voting for a candidate is NOT the same
as supporting all og his positions.

When you support a candidate it is indeed the same as supporting all of
their positions. The ballot does not say "I vote for bushie except for
his positions on..."

It is *not* the same as agreeing with all of them. You presumably
prioritized those issues which were important to you and voted
accordingly. Stem cell research was apparently not important enough to
you to alter your voting behavior.

By voting for bushie, however, you *did* support a ban on stem cell
research, whether you meant to or not.

(My prediction: slick will be too stupid to get it.)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Tues, Feb 14 2006 7:28 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

you are the one making one dimensional claims.

Nope. Take a course in logic sometime. It will (perhaps) make you
appear less stupid.

Voting for a candidate is NOT the same
as supporting all og his positions.

When you support a candidate it is indeed the same as supporting all of
their positions. The ballot does not say "I vote for bushie except for
his positions on..."

I vote for the candidate, not for all of his positions in the campaign.
The ballot says NOTHING about positions

It is *not* the same as agreeing with all of them. You presumably
prioritized those issues which were important to you and voted
accordingly. Stem cell research was apparently not important enough to
you to alter your voting behavior.

I don't support anything I do not agree with.

By voting for bushie, however, you *did* support a ban on stem cell
research, whether you meant to or not.

By having serving 21 years in the military, and having gotten
paychecks for doing that, you
supported all of the military's activities, whether you meant to, or not.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

(My prediction: slick will be too stupid to get it.)

I love it when I'm right.

When you support a candidate it is indeed the same as supporting all of
their positions. The ballot does not say "I vote for bushie except for
his positions on..."

I vote for the candidate, not for all of his positions in the campaign.
The ballot says NOTHING about positions

God, but you're a dumb one.

It is *not* the same as agreeing with all of them. You presumably
prioritized those issues which were important to you and voted
accordingly. Stem cell research was apparently not important enough to
you to alter your voting behavior.

I don't support anything I do not agree with.

Well, if you disagree with a stem cell research ban, and you voted for
bushie, then you are now lying. You supported it.

By voting for bushie, however, you *did* support a ban on stem cell
research, whether you meant to or not.

By having serving 21 years in the military, and having gotten
paychecks for doing that, you
supported all of the military's activities, whether you meant to, or not.

LOL! Do you get paid to vote where you are? Here it's voluntary.

Your best bet is to quietly go to bed. You're looking really, really
stupid right now.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

[...]

You need to research Bush's position on stem cell research.
It takes a very biased viewpoint to describe it as a ban IMO.

So one could support Bush and not support a ban... just like
I could support Arny and not support Ca tax dollars (which
are now being sucked up in court cases) going to stem cell
research.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
oups.com...
(My prediction: slick will be too stupid to get it.)

I love it when I'm right.

So jerking off is your thing, I'm not
one to criticize you for it.

When you support a candidate it is indeed the same as supporting all of
their positions. The ballot does not say "I vote for bushie except for
his positions on..."

I vote for the candidate, not for all of his positions in the campaign.
The ballot says NOTHING about positions

God, but you're a dumb one.

It is *not* the same as agreeing with all of them. You presumably
prioritized those issues which were important to you and voted
accordingly. Stem cell research was apparently not important enough to
you to alter your voting behavior.

I don't support anything I do not agree with.

Well, if you disagree with a stem cell research ban, and you voted for
bushie, then you are now lying. You supported it.

no, I don't support it. That's for me to decide, not you.

By voting for bushie, however, you *did* support a ban on stem cell
research, whether you meant to or not.

By having serving 21 years in the military, and having gotten
paychecks for doing that, you
supported all of the military's activities, whether you meant to, or not.

LOL! Do you get paid to vote where you are? Here it's voluntary.

No, I don't live in Baltimore, where the Dems pay for votes.

Your best bet is to quietly go to bed. You're looking really, really
stupid right now.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"ScottW" wrote in message

[...]

you're arguing with a guy who says he recently got out
after spending 21 years in the military, while he parades as a
peacenik, and claims that one who merely voted for Bush
supports all his positions. He claims to
have fought in the War on Terror, yet he does not
"support" it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

You need to research Bush's position on stem cell research.
It takes a very biased viewpoint to describe it as a ban IMO.

It is, in essence, a ban. As we know now, the '60 lines' are more like
a dozen. I would presume that if it had a military use, or if it
benefited big business, bushie might support it. But he has to, after
all, cater to his pro-life base.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0010809-1.html

So one could support Bush and not support a ban... just like
I could support Arny and not support Ca tax dollars (which
are now being sucked up in court cases) going to stem cell
research.

It's a tautology: if you support a candidate, you support a candidate.
You do not get to pick and choose which of their positions you support.
By supporting the candidate, you have supported their positions. ALL of
their positions. You do not have to agree with all of their positions,
but by supporting the candidate, you've supported their positions.

In voting for bushie, someone may think, "stronger military, less
taxes, pro-business, conservative Supreme Court" and agree with AND
support those positions.

You also get drilling in the ANRW, pro-life, support of ID in public
schools, banned stem cell research, lowered seperation of church-state
separation, and everything else that bushie stands for. In supporting
the candidate, you have supported those positions, even though you may
disagree with them.

When you vote for a candidate, for example, Arny, you are not just
voting for Arny. You are also voting for what he stands for. All of it.
That does not mean that you agree with all of it. But you cannot
separate them out.

Sorry, but that's logically sound and valid. Therefore, it's true.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Tues, Feb 14 2006 10:14 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

you're arguing with a guy who says he recently got out
after spending 21 years in the military, while he parades as a
peacenik, and claims that one who merely voted for Bush
supports all his positions. He claims to
have fought in the War on Terror, yet he does not
"support" it.

I don't really care if you believe that I spent 21 years in the
military or not. I have the 20-year letter, and I am in the Retired
Reserve.

I have not paraded as a "peacenik" but given your limited understanding
of the English language it does not surprise me that you might think
so.

I have been deployed as a part of the 'war' on terror. I support
rooting out terrorists. I do not support illegal activities in its
name. That puts us on a lower level, a hypocritical level, that we are
better than. And I know that the military is not the right tool to use
in fighting terrorists.

Simply because you're too obtuse to get a point does not mean that the
point isn't valid.

Now go to bed, junior. You're looking pretty stupid again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Well, if you disagree with a stem cell research ban, and you voted for
bushie, then you are now lying. You supported it.

no, I don't support it. That's for me to decide, not you.

Support: To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in
her election campaign.

You supported bushie. Therefore, you supported his policies. All of
them.

Agree: To come into or be in accord, as of opinion: I agree with you on
that. Our views on the election agree.

You *supported* bushie and therefore his policies. You don't *agree*
with all of bushie's policies.

Are you really this stupid? It's not a hard concept.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
oups.com...
You need to research Bush's position on stem cell research.
It takes a very biased viewpoint to describe it as a ban IMO.

It is, in essence, a ban. As we know now, the '60 lines' are more like
a dozen. I would presume that if it had a military use, or if it
benefited big business, bushie might support it. But he has to, after
all, cater to his pro-life base.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0010809-1.html

So one could support Bush and not support a ban... just like
I could support Arny and not support Ca tax dollars (which
are now being sucked up in court cases) going to stem cell
research.

It's a tautology: if you support a candidate, you support a candidate.

Yes, one votes for a candidate, but not necessarily supoorts all of his
positions.
I voted for Bush, I also voted for Sen. Mikulski.
Many of their positions are as diffrerent as night and day.

Which ones did I support or not support?
You tell me. Mikulski if for stem cell research, Bush is against it.
Looks like YOU are the one dimensional man.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Tues, Feb 14 2006 10:14 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

you're arguing with a guy who says he recently got out
after spending 21 years in the military, while he parades as a
peacenik, and claims that one who merely voted for Bush
supports all his positions. He claims to
have fought in the War on Terror, yet he does not
"support" it.

I don't really care if you believe that I spent 21 years in the
military or not. I have the 20-year letter, and I am in the Retired
Reserve.

I have not paraded as a "peacenik" but given your limited understanding
of the English language it does not surprise me that you might think
so.

I have been deployed as a part of the 'war' on terror. I support
rooting out terrorists.

hehe, not if you voted for Kerry.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, if you disagree with a stem cell research ban, and you voted for
bushie, then you are now lying. You supported it.

no, I don't support it. That's for me to decide, not you.

Support: To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in
her election campaign.

You supported bushie. Therefore, you supported his policies. All of
them.

Agree: To come into or be in accord, as of opinion: I agree with you on
that. Our views on the election agree.

You *supported* bushie and therefore his policies. You don't *agree*
with all of bushie's policies.

I didn't support him, I voted for him. I also voted for other candidates
with vastly
different positions.
Its not that simple and one dimensional as your thinking.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick - view profile
Date: Wed, Feb 15 2006 10:56 am
Email: "Clyde Slick"

I didn't support him, I voted for him.

LOL!

I also voted for other candidates with vastly different positions.

Then you supported their positions. Did you agree with all of them?

Slick, I hate to say this, but I think nob is smarter than you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:
You need to research Bush's position on stem cell research.
It takes a very biased viewpoint to describe it as a ban IMO.

It is, in essence, a ban. As we know now, the '60 lines' are more like
a dozen. I would presume that if it had a military use, or if it
benefited big business, bushie might support it. But he has to, after
all, cater to his pro-life base.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0010809-1.html

You're only talking about restricting federal funding. Still not a
ban.
Private funded research can do what it wants.

So one could support Bush and not support a ban... just like
I could support Arny and not support Ca tax dollars (which
are now being sucked up in court cases) going to stem cell
research.

It's a tautology: if you support a candidate, you support a candidate.
You do not get to pick and choose which of their positions you support.

Sure I do, and I tell them often when I don't agree with their
positions.

By supporting the candidate, you have supported their positions. ALL of
their positions.

Thats silly... thats like claiming if I buy an album then I must like
all the songs.

You do not have to agree with all of their positions,
but by supporting the candidate, you've supported their positions.

Not at all... I can lobby against their positions... I can petition
against
their positions.

In voting for bushie, someone may think, "stronger military, less
taxes, pro-business, conservative Supreme Court" and agree with AND
support those positions.

You also get drilling in the ANRW, pro-life, support of ID in public
schools, banned stem cell research, lowered seperation of church-state
separation, and everything else that bushie stands for. In supporting
the candidate, you have supported those positions, even though you may
disagree with them.

When you vote for a candidate, for example, Arny, you are not just
voting for Arny. You are also voting for what he stands for. All of it.
That does not mean that you agree with all of it. But you cannot
separate them out.

Sorry, but that's logically sound and valid. Therefore, it's true.

Its unrealistic, simplistic, myopic and absurd. Therefore it's false.

ScottW