Posted to rec.audio.opinion
E. Naubauer

Default Internation Standard for CD Player Controls?

Hello folks

Does anyone know if there is an international standard for common
CD-Player controls such as "Start","Stop", "Pause" etc. ?

I need it for a thesis so I'd be grateful for any comment.

Thanksin advance
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Pooh Bear

"E. Naubauer" wrote:

Hello folks

Does anyone know if there is an international standard for common
CD-Player controls such as "Start","Stop", "Pause" etc. ?

A standard *what* ???? Words ? You appear to have a grasp of those.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
E. Naubauer

Pooh Bear schrieb:

"E. Naubauer" wrote:

Hello folks

Does anyone know if there is an international standard for common
CD-Player controls such as "Start","Stop", "Pause" etc. ?

A standard *what* ???? Words ? You appear to have a grasp of those.

Graham

I mean the symbols like for play, || for pause, for fast forward,
[] for stop etc.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"E. Naubauer" wrote in message
Hello folks

Does anyone know if there is an international standard for common
CD-Player controls such as "Start","Stop", "Pause" etc. ?

I need it for a thesis so I'd be grateful for any comment.

Thanksin advance

I don't think so. In fact, a significant minority of CD players have
functional differences, ie., in what the controls actually do.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Pooh Bear

"E. Naubauer" wrote:

Pooh Bear schrieb:

"E. Naubauer" wrote:

Hello folks

Does anyone know if there is an international standard for common
CD-Player controls such as "Start","Stop", "Pause" etc. ?

A standard *what* ???? Words ? You appear to have a grasp of those.

Graham

I mean the symbols like for play, || for pause, for fast forward,
[] for stop etc.

Ok, understood. I wouldn't mind betting that the Germans were 'anal'
enough to come with something like that in a DIN standard. ;-)

Otherwise your suggestion seems to be about right.

I'd suggest asking Scott Dorset / Mike Rivers etc..... in r.a.p. ( rec.
audio pro ). See new group included

Graham