Roy Jensen

Default WARNING: MusicMatch Jukebox is smarter than you (like XP)

NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

Hey: MusicMatch IDIOTS

What the HELL is your **** software (Jukebox basic) doing?

1. I rip my a collection of ~80 ORIGINAL CDs only to realize that 3/4
of the songs disappear!? I change the genre from Holiday to Christmas
and (sometime over next three days) it vaporizes from my HD. Doesn't
MusicMatch like Country? I rip 45 country CDs only to find that only
the last ones ripped are still on the HD!!! (The Christmas ones were
the first ripped.)

2. I add a directory of previously ripped MP3s and your **** deletes
20 % of the files!!?? What the HELL?

Care to explain why your **** deletes MP3 files as it sees fit.

Get you **** together, or stuff it back up your ass.
Ionizer

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

Hey: MusicMatch IDIOTS

What the HELL is your **** software (Jukebox basic) doing?

1. I rip my a collection of ~80 ORIGINAL CDs only to realize that 3/4
of the songs disappear!?

To clarify: the mp3 files DO actually appear in a folder on your hard drive
after ripping, but then at a later time when you go into that folder via
Windows Explorer, those mp3 files are no longer there? Is that what you are
saying?

--
Ian.

William C.

I recently ripped my entire cd collection. Close to 200 cd. I used:

www.cdburner.com

Not one snag.

I got this program years ago. Absolutely no hassles. Free updates for life.
Nothing I've tried comes close for ease of use, reliability, and quality of
final product.

You can try it for free.

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Roy Jensen

"Ionizer" wrote in message ...
"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

Hey: MusicMatch IDIOTS

What the HELL is your **** software (Jukebox basic) doing?

1. I rip my a collection of ~80 ORIGINAL CDs only to realize that 3/4
of the songs disappear!?

To clarify: the mp3 files DO actually appear in a folder on your hard drive
after ripping, but then at a later time when you go into that folder via
Windows Explorer, those mp3 files are no longer there? Is that what you are
saying?

Yes. I looked to check on the directory structure and played a few.
The directory size was ~4 GB after all the Christmas CDs (25 CDs). And
7 GB after all 80 were ripped over the next few days. That told me
something was up.
Pissed Off

Avenger© wrote:
On 23 Dec 2003 12:31:35 -0800, (Roy Jensen) wrote:

And your point is??

It has no point. It is a stuipid ****.

-=ô;ö=-

I use MMJB 8.xx and have used previous versions to rip all my CD's and not one has yet to
disappear without my personal intervention...But strange things have been known to happen
with it from other's like reports..It is possible that they are maybe lurking out in an
obscure folder of MMJB's creation...

But I would have saved your initial comments for a follow-up if they were not helpful by a
better toned 1st complaint...you certainly did not get into their good graces..last time I
came close to such a note as that was to the owner of a game site I frequent and got my
butt banned until I appologized for being too terse in my opening volleys of comments
about the operation of the site(I did get unbanned after suffering a week)...

Ionizer

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
m...
To clarify: the mp3 files DO actually appear in a folder on your hard

drive
after ripping, but then at a later time when you go into that folder via
Windows Explorer, those mp3 files are no longer there? Is that what you

are
saying?

Yes. I looked to check on the directory structure and played a few.
The directory size was ~4 GB after all the Christmas CDs (25 CDs). And
7 GB after all 80 were ripped over the next few days. That told me
something was up.

If the files existed on your hard drive in a known location, when viewed
with Windows Explorer, and yet later vanished, what leads you to assume that
your ripping software (MusicMatch) had anything to do with it? For
instance, some viruses/worms (for example, VBS/Gorum.gen@MM) attempt to
delete mp3 files from the hard drive.

My point is that there may be entirely something else at fault aside from
MusicMatch. Unless you can specifically identify a reason to implicate
MusicMatch, I would seriously recommend that you explore some other
possibilities- you may have more problems on your system than you realize.

Regards,
Ian.

David W. Poole, Jr.

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 07:31:44 -0800, "[ Doc Jeff ]"
was understood to have stated the following:

I've seen this behavior from MMJ before but only with illegitimate
copies (i.e. warez) or invalid serial/reg codes. Not saying that you
are using such a copy only showing what I've seen personally.

If they were using an illegitimate copy, it might explain why no
response has been forthcoming.

Maxx Pollare

The voice of "Roy Jensen" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
from the sea of virtual chaos...

NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

snip

Before you continue Ranting:
- Open Windows Search program
- Set it to "Drive C:" (or "My PC" if you have more partitions)
- search for "*.MP3"

There's a good chance the files are still around, but they've migrated
to some other folder (read: ripe "accidentally" to). This is often the
case with multi-user systems, or OSes with multiple "Document" folders.

On this 98me system there are 4 accounts set up, each with their own
preferences and storage folders. These are stored (read: buried) under
"C:\\Windows\Profiles\{Username}\My Documents\". This can be confusing
when one of "Mother's Programs" (read: any newbie) loses where it is
and defaults to the Root... Which is followed shortly by "Where did all
my files go?" when she opens "C:\\My Documents\" by mistake. }:8P

--
Maxwell C.G. Pollare, a "small god" in his own mind...
Leslie A Rhorer

I also personally ripped my entire CD collection of over 350 CDs using
MusicMatch without a hitch not related to pilot error. There is one sort of
bug in MM, and it is possible this is what has hit the original poster. I
lost over 700 songs (my best ones!) this way. It requires a mistake from
the user, but it is overly easy to make, IMHO.

When MM rips a song from a CD, it is placed in the library and selected
just as if the user had held down the Ctrl key and clicked on the
selection. Thus, any previously selcted titles remian selected, whether the
user realizes it, or not. In my case, I had the library sorted by
Preference. This works very well when ripping new songs, because all new
selections are placed in Miscellaneous (which I keep otherwise empty). I
had authored a mixed data / music CD for a slideshow I produce, and I wanted
to rip the music back off the mixed mode CD, rather than having to go
through the tediom of creating the audio again. The problem was, MM
couldn't properly rip the music. It showed the correct times, but the rip
was one selection off. Instead of getting the music, it was ripping the
data (a horrrible sound, I can tell you!). Thus, I right clicked on the
track and selected "Remove Tracks" with "Also delete the selected file(s)
from my computer" checked. I didn't realize the "Excellent" preference list
was also highlighted. Bang! The bad file and "Excellent" both disappeared
from my hard drive. I had lost over 700 of my favorite songs! Fortunately,
the songs themselves were all still available on my Nomad Jukebox. They
weren't sorted by preference, though, so I had to copy over 1700 songs back
from the Jukebox, move them back to the right directory and then delete all
the duplicates. Of course, I also wound up with 700 broken links, which I
had to repair. It took over 4 days.

"William C." wrote in message
I recently ripped my entire cd collection. Close to 200 cd. I used:

www.cdburner.com

Not one snag.

I got this program years ago. Absolutely no hassles. Free updates for

life.
Nothing I've tried comes close for ease of use, reliability, and quality

of
final product.

You can try it for free.

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Leslie A Rhorer

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

It doesn't help to be impolite here, either.

1. I rip my a collection of ~80 ORIGINAL CDs only to realize that 3/4
of the songs disappear!? I change the genre from Holiday to Christmas
and (sometime over next three days) it vaporizes from my HD. Doesn't
MusicMatch like Country? I rip 45 country CDs only to find that only
the last ones ripped are still on the HD!!! (The Christmas ones were
the first ripped.)

You are not providing enough detail. What, exactly are you dong in MM
when the files disappear? If it is happening when MM is not in use, then it
isn't MM that is the culprit. Are you sure it is the file which is
disappearing, or is it just the track listing? Or conversely, is the
listing still there, but the file gone? If the latter, then it is almost
certainly not MM causing the problem. You need to provide a full detail of
the symptoms surrounding the problem. If this is all you know of the
symptoms, then you need to pay a great del more attention to the problem and
document it in a thorough fashion, or else no one, either at Music Match or
in this forum, will be able to help you.

2. I add a directory of previously ripped MP3s and your **** deletes
20 % of the files!!?? What the HELL?

What do you mean "add a directory"? There is no direct provision in MM
for manually adding a directory to the hard drive. Are you adding all the
songs in an existing directory to a playlist or library? MM does not modify
files when adding them to a playlist or library. You can easily prove this
for yourself. Set a file not in your playlist or library to Read Only and
try adding it to the listing. It will do so without a hitch. If you try
deleting the track, however, it will remove it from the library, but will
pop up a dialog saying "Could not delete xxxxx This file is read only...
The file will remain on your computer but the entry will be deleted from yur
library."

By default, MM will automatically add a directory stucture based on the
artist name and album name if they are available, but it should never delete
any files except by your command. AFAIK, there is no provision for deleting
directories, at all. Again, try the procedure again, but set the files to
read-only prior to doing whatever it is you are doing in Music Match. If
the OS complains about read-only access, thne you know when it is happening
and we can proceed from there. If this pops up later, when MM is not
running, then again, you know MM is not the culprit.

Care to explain why your **** deletes MP3 files as it sees fit.

Exactly what algorithm do you think they are using to delete files?

Get you **** together, or stuff it back up your ass.

William C.

I got a new system. I put music match on it. But after a few rips,
downloaded the latest from cdburner.com, emailed for key, and, man what a
difference.
It doesn't get any simpler.
And the final product is superb.
I am a professional musician, and I use it to burn cds of my own material
for dist.

"William C." wrote in message
I recently ripped my entire cd collection. Close to 200 cd. I used:

www.cdburner.com

Not one snag.

I got this program years ago. Absolutely no hassles. Free updates for

life.
Nothing I've tried comes close for ease of use, reliability, and quality

of
final product.

You can try it for free.

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
[...]

jazzy

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
[...]

gee...can't imagine why they wouldn't respond to you....

Ionizer

"jazzy" jazzy@ niwhere.com wrote in message
gee...can't imagine why they wouldn't respond to you....

The OP has long since abandoned this thread, perhaps realizing his
foolishness. He didn't seem interested in the fact that his problems might
be his own fault, rather than the fault of the MusicMatch software.

Regards,
Ian.

TEL

Default BPM Studio, DMP Radio Automation, Jazler, Megamix, DJ all, all VSTI's,AKAI Sample CDs, other

BPM Studio, DMP Radio Automation, Jazler, Megamix, DJ all, all VSTI's,
AKAI Sample CDs, other

BPM Studio Gastro, BPM Studio Pro, DMP Radio Automation, Jazler, Megamix,
DJ - OtsDJ 1.00.170, Traktor DJ Studio 2x, DSS DJ, Visiosonic PCDJ,
MixVibes Pro 4x, Karaoke Studio, Halion Strings[9
CDs],Atmospheres[6CDs],Stylus[5CDs],Trilogy[5CDs],Sonic Implants [20CDs],
Reason Refills [9CDs], Guitarist [6CDs], all other VSTI's, AKAI Sample
CDs, Band-in-a-Box MegaPAK v12.0 - PG Music [2 CDs], CAKEWALK SONAR 3
PRODUCER EDITION [3 CDs], (VSampler 3.1 DXi), Steinberg Cubase SX v2.0
WORKING, Pinnacle Steinberg Clean Plus v5.0.1.23, Steinberg VST Drum
Sessions - Soul and Dance [2 CDs], Straight Rock [2 CDs], EJAY, E-JAY,
Yamaha SoftSynthesizer Console SoundVQ.VQF.Encoder Master.VST.Plugin
Pitch.Fix.VST.Plugin Vocal.Rack.VST.Plugin S-YXG50 S-YG20 S-YXG100 FS1R
Editor C-Mexx.Visualizer XGWorks.v3.05E XGSTUDIO V2.13I,
Roland.Virtual.Sound.Canvas.MP1, FINALE 2004, Finale Guitar 2003

---------------------------------

BPM Studio Gastro V2.0

BPM Studio Pro V4.10 - v4.75

-------------------------------------

week 40/2003 - 2
DMP 2003 Radio Automation Software v3.0.0.2

-------------------------------------

week 38/2003 - 05

Jazler II Radio Automation Rev65 WinALL

weeek 29/2003 - 05

Jazler.Radio.v2.0.43.WinALL

week 26/2002

AMFM.Software.Jazler.Radio.II.Rev37

Jazler.Radio.II.Rev42.Full.Version

PDXS1521.ZIP 2918574 08.10.01 JazlerRadio SimplePack v1.5.2

---------------------------

Z-MMX2KA.ZIP 83462 01- 4-02 4| MegaMix2000 RadioEdition v5.22 Win2kXP

RMM2K01.ZIP 2888743 15.05.00 Mega Mix 2000 v5.01

-----------------------------------

week 17/2003

PCDJ FX v6.0 build 1010

PCDJ Red v5.3 Build 1010

Week 17/03 - 10

Visiosonic PCDJ FX v6.0
Visiosonic PCDJ FX v6.0.1010

week 29/03 - 10

PCDJ Home v5.1

-----------------------------------

DJ - OtsDJ 1.00.170, Traktor DJ Studio 2x, DSS DJ, PCDJ, MixVibes Pro 4x,
Karaoke

Halion Strings[9 CDs],Atmospheres[6CDs],Stylus[5CDs],Trilogy[5CDs],Sonic
Implants [20CDs], Reason Refills [9CDs], Guitarist [6CDs], all other
VSTI's, AKAI Sample CDs, Band-in-a-Box MegaPAK v12.0 - PG Music [2
CDs] 11 837

CakeWalk Project 5 [2 CDs],

CAKEWALK SONAR 3 PRODUCER EDITION [3 CDs] (VSampler 3.1 DXi)

Discotheque Sound System DJ (DSS DJ)

Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio v2.0.3

FruityLoops Studio Producer Edition v4.01

OtsDJ v1.00.170 (OtsJuke DJ is renamed to OtsDJ)

MixVibes Professional v4.02

Steinberg Cubase SX v2.0 WORKING

Steinberg VST Drum Sessions - Soul and Dance [2 CDs], Straight Rock [2
CDs]

Pinnacle Steinberg Clean Plus v5.0.1.23

FINALE 2004 13 771

Finale Guitar 2003 14 182

EJAY ALL !

E-JAY MUSIC UTILITIES 1411
DANCE E-JAY V2.0 UTILITIES 1746
RAVE E-JAY UTILITIES 2052
TECHNO E-JAY V2,05 UTILITIES 2583
E-JAY MP3 STATION V1.0 MUSIC UTILITIES 2729
TECHNO E-JAY V2.05 MUSIC 3194
Cannon E-Jay MP3 3827
Dance Ejay v3.0 4332
EJay Techno 2 4682
EJAY MP3 Pro
V1,2 5436
EJAY IBIZA SUMMER SESSIONS 5600
EJay MP3 Station v2.0 5687
eJay.Sound.Collection.Vol.5A 5702
E Jay Sound Collection Vol 5d 5811
Dance EJay v4 6958
Musicdirector pro v1.01.01 -multilanguage- (c) ejay [2 CDs] 7617
EJAY SOUND SELECTION #1
Sound Browser v2.0 & eJay Wave Editor 9771

House Ejay Multilanguage 10 027
HIPHOP eJAY v4 10 064
Ejay Music Director GOLD *Multilingual* 10 452
Dance eJAY v5 [2CDs] 10 873
Techno Ejay 4 (c) Ejay [2 CDs] 12 441
DJ Mix Station 2 feat Virtual DJ v1.06 *MULTI*(c)eJay*WORKING* 13 523
Ejay HipHop V5 Multilanguage [2 CDs] 13 741
Dance eJay 6 *ENGLISH* (c) Empire Interactive [2 CDs] 14 211

Karaoke

Kool Karaoke Studio 8072

more Karaoke ...

Roland.Virtual.Sound.Canvas.MP1, Yamaha SoftSynthesizer Console
SoundVQ.VQF.Encoder Master.VST.Plugin Pitch.Fix.VST.Plugin
Vocal.Rack.VST.Plugin S-YXG50 S-YG20 S-YXG100 FS1R Editor
C-Mexx.Visualizer XGWorks.v3.05E XGSTUDIO V2.13I

--------------------------------------------------- If you have Googled
your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ..., and for 14,000
more reasons, please send e-mail, ,
, ,

Roy Jensen

I abandoned the thread because no-one had anything useful to say.
No, the problems are not my own fault.

Until today, I knew no more than what I wrote in the original email.

HOWEVER. Today, I ripped 5 CDs. Opened explorer, searched the temp
folder for mp3s and found 54. Exactly what I expected. ALT-TAB'd to
MusicMatch CRAP and exited the program. Back in explorer, 12 files
remained. 12 files!!!

MUSICMATCH IS CRAP.

"Ionizer" wrote in message ...
"jazzy" jazzy@ niwhere.com wrote in message
gee...can't imagine why they wouldn't respond to you....

The OP has long since abandoned this thread, perhaps realizing his
foolishness. He didn't seem interested in the fact that his problems might
be his own fault, rather than the fault of the MusicMatch software.

Regards,
Ian.

Jim

Roy, misery loves company....you are not alone. I do not know of one
person, including myself, who does not regret even beginning to mess with
MusicMatch Jukebox and/or MusicMatch Jukebox Plus.

In fact, absolutely every single time that I've tried to file a tech support
request, their email is "down." I've tried it on Windows 98, 98se, and XP.
IMHO, it sounds like an AM radio in a broken down '56 Dodge station wagon.
I have spent days and days and days just trying to get it to work, period.
If you have it and it works great, congratulations! (Otherwise, there's no
use in wasting time trying to put lipstick on a pig.)

(In contrast, iTunes installed perfectly in minutes, and Winamp has never
failed me.......everything I try has worked fine, except MusicMatch.)

I rip my own CD's at 20+x at 320 vbr and run them through Dolby and 20-bands
of EQ. The result sounds as good as the original CD, if not better.

~Jim~

If you need to fill some holes in your collection or your software, email me
at the return address. Just remove the 8888.

om...

"Ionizer" wrote in message

"jazzy" jazzy@ niwhere.com wrote in message
gee...can't imagine why they wouldn't respond to you....

The OP has long since abandoned this thread, perhaps realizing his
foolishness. He didn't seem interested in the fact that his problems

might
be his own fault, rather than the fault of the MusicMatch software.

Regards,
Ian.

-=ô;ö=-

Could careless how fast it is, but accuracy and reproduction quality is my
guideline...besides, I have never seen disappearing files happen in MMJB in 4 years of
use, other than thru manual sutpidity of deletion..

mrdancer

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
MUSICMATCH IS CRAP.

Do yourself a huge favor and use CDEX www.cdex.n3.net or EAC instead.

Roy Jensen

AND have you tried uninstalling MusicMatch ****?
The entry in ADD/Remove Programs generates nothing but ERRORS!!!

One has to manually run 'unmatch****.exe' from the install directory.

Like I said, their software is ----.

"Ionizer" wrote in message ...
"jazzy" jazzy@ niwhere.com wrote in message
gee...can't imagine why they wouldn't respond to you....

The OP has long since abandoned this thread, perhaps realizing his
foolishness. He didn't seem interested in the fact that his problems might
be his own fault, rather than the fault of the MusicMatch software.

Regards,
Ian.

LO&MsLO

Been using MusicMatch for about a year now with no problems but I
don't use it to burn. I use it for the JukeBox and ID tag editing
which accesses the AMG.com site. Tech support is fine other than I
usually send two messages about incorrect album/CD info..one to each
site. As for missing MP3s...never happens. The only bitch I have is
that when you encounter incorrect ID tag info on a 'read only' file
and try to change it you can't. You first have to go back and change
the properties first. I keep all the songs as 'read only' so I don't
move instead of copy.

I don't use an email program such as Outlook Express to read the
newsgroups so why would I use a JukeBox program to burn a CD?

Lookout

"Ionizer" wrote in message ...
"jazzy" jazzy@ niwhere.com wrote in message
gee...can't imagine why they wouldn't respond to you....

The OP has long since abandoned this thread, perhaps realizing his
foolishness. He didn't seem interested in the fact that his problems might
be his own fault, rather than the fault of the MusicMatch software.

Regards,
Ian.

Todd H.

LO&MsLO writes:

Been using MusicMatch for about a year now with no problems but I
don't use it to burn.

I'm going on my 5th year (4th?) of using Musicmatch Jukebox. I use it
to listen and to burn, and have never had a problem. The burning
program in fact was a hell of a lot more stable than Roxio's EZCDC at
the time (and still is, best I can tell).

Not sure what the original poster's beef was, but he seems to be long
gone.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Oldus Fartus

LO&MsLO wrote:

Been using MusicMatch for about a year now with no problems but I
don't use it to burn. I use it for the JukeBox and ID tag editing
which accesses the AMG.com site. Tech support is fine other than I
usually send two messages about incorrect album/CD info..one to each
site."

If MMJ is so good, then why do you need to emai tech support

As for missing MP3s...never happens. The only bitch I have is
that when you encounter incorrect ID tag info on a 'read only' file
and try to change it you can't. You first have to go back and change
the properties first. I keep all the songs as 'read only' so I don't
move instead of copy.

And the program is doing exactly what it should be doing. Read Only
means exactly that. I would be pretty ****ed off if one of my kids or
grandkids altered one of my read only files.

I don't use an email program such as Outlook Express to read the
newsgroups so why would I use a JukeBox program to burn a CD?

Perhaps you should. OE has not been purely an email program for a long
time, any more than MMJ has been purely a Jukebox program.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Posted to rec.audio.misc
lili100000000

musicmatch jukebox 10 ****es me off, i have over 25.000 mp3's, when i add
them to the library there is no way of cancelling it once the move has
started, i even turned off musicmatch, renamed the directory my mp3's were
stored at, restarted, and it still found them and carried on moving them.
Once they're stored in the library there is no way of removing them,
because they have removed the 'clear library option'. does anyone know how
to remove all of the library at once. I used to use musicmatch 7.5 which
is great. why try and fix something that's not broke.

Musicmatch Audio CD Playback "Static" Andy General 0 September 17th 03 04:33 AM
Musicmatch jukebox Náredhel General 1 September 16th 03 04:54 PM
Nomad Jukebox 3 Pandora General 18 August 12th 03 09:21 AM