Posted to rec.audio.tech
Tom or Mary

Default Question on USB and Thumbdrive

There is a stereo system that has a USB connection for your computer or you
can attach an MP3 player that contain music. Would a tumbdrive that contains
songs also work, or does the system just act as a outlet for the music, and
there are no controls.

Thanks

Tom

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 04:36:24 -0400, "Tom or Mary"
wrote:

There is a stereo system that has a USB connection for your computer or you
can attach an MP3 player that contain music. Would a tumbdrive that contains
songs also work, or does the system just act as a outlet for the music, and
there are no controls

Who can say? Tell us which system you're talking about and maybe
someone can help you.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jeff Findley

"Tom or Mary" wrote in message
There is a stereo system that has a USB connection for your computer or
you
can attach an MP3 player that contain music. Would a tumbdrive that
contains
songs also work, or does the system just act as a outlet for the music,
and
there are no controls.

I've seen integrated bookshelf/boombox type systems that have a USB
connection for attaching it to a PC. My guess is that it just looks like a
standard USB audio device to the PC and that is all that it is in hardware
too. In other words, you can do the same thing with any stereo system (that
has a line level input) an inexpensive USB sound card. Those things are
tiny these days.

Jeff