George

Default My final wish For Ronald Reagan

That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation
George
WillStG

That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation

Everyone does benefit from the "merit of the age", George. So the kids
coming up right now are even better than we were.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

Romeo Rondeau

As long as you can benefit from trickle down "kiss my ass!"

"George" wrote in message
That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation
George

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

As long as you can benefit from trickle down "kiss my ass!"

if it works like trickle down economics there will not be any kissing
of ass for , well, ever.
george
agent86

WillStG wrote:

Everyone does benefit from the "merit of the age", George. So the
kids coming up right now are even better than we were.

Thanks for explaining that, Will. Now I understand why the Backstreet boys
are so much more talented than the Beatles could have ever hoped to be.

Blind Joni

Everyone does benefit from the "merit of the age", George. So the
kids coming up right now are even better than we were.

Thanks for explaining that, Will. Now I understand why the Backstreet boys
are so much more talented than the Beatles could have ever hoped to be.

Not a valid comparison I don't think. It's like judging a President out of
context to the time he served..doesn't really say much.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

LOL
does anything here really "say" much
or is this , as I think just a slightly more intresting way to idle
away hours than TV

I use this and every other conversation to practice distinquishing the
different contexts that we all operate inside of.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
MBrain

Thats good dude.....really good.
"That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation"
I mean that's made my day

Mbrain

MBrain

Romeo dont think you get it...."The only thing
trickling down was a big fat Zero" So you ass could
not possibly be able to trickle down or be kissed, the
physic's is not their. Go back to the drawing board
and draw another ass that works......

gray

Blind Joni

Thats good dude.....really good.
"That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation"
I mean that's made my day

Since George insisted on again injecting ridicule of others faith into the
thread....I think Ronny was maybe trying to appease the opposition. Just as
faith is a personal choice I think Reagan thought prosperity was also.
Genereally speaking..so do I.
Others?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Romeo Rondeau

"MBrain" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
Romeo dont think you get it...."The only thing
trickling down was a big fat Zero" So you ass could
not possibly be able to trickle down or be kissed, the
physic's is not their. Go back to the drawing board
and draw another ass that works......

I will do so as soon as you can form a complete sentence. :-)

Bob Chandler

George wrote in message ...
That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation
George

I was thinking about a "Night of the Living Dead" kind of re-animation...
Nah, too scary!

bob
Analogeezer

"George" wrote in message
That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation
George

Here's my personal "trickledown" story.

In the mid 80's, I had finally gotten good enough credit (through
paying my bills on time, being a good citizen, yadda, yadda) to have a
gear loan, a car loan, and motorcyle loan.

Interest on all three of these combined in 1985 that I was able to
itemize my deductions for the first time...I got a small refund,
something around $400.

Then they passed the "Reagan Tax Plan" and the next year they took
away my deductions and on basically the same income and withholding I
wound up paying $800 over and above my regular witholding.

All this and the budget deficit quadrupled in eight years. I guess my
taxes being higher by $1200 didn't make enough of a dent in that eh?

THIS IS FACT, not some thing I made up just to bolster my opinion.

That's why when I hear Republicans wail against "tax and spend"
democrats I just laugh my ass off and go "yeah right".

Analogeezer

MBrain

Sure the economy took off. When you spend the
countries future with the largest deficits every
created what do you think is going to happen.He
was spending our future with smoke and mirrors.
And what did they say about his deficit you can
see for miles!!!! I could be president and make the
economy look swell if I spend the country into a hole.
and did not care who was going to pay for it down the road.
Like what's going on now......

John

ospam (WillStG) wrote in message ...
Well you can mouth off all you want "Brain", but Reagan's taxcuts DOUBLED
the amount money the government took in in taxes, just like JFK's tax cuts
increased revenues. Double the Government tax income from cutting taxes, how
does THAT "hurt the poor"??? Furthermore it is small business owners who pay
the majority of the taxes in this country and provide the most new jobs, they
pay taxes on their businesses as individuals, at the individual tax rate. They
are as middle class as anyone else, and it's bull**** to call them "the rich"
and beat them up because you hate "the rich".

Tax cuts don't increase the amount government takes in. That's
ridiculous. The only way he could bring in *more* money after a tax
cut is to bundle it with an even bigger tax increase. So who got taxed
more?

And as far as complaining about people calling small business owners
"rich", who the hell are you quoting? Maybe the conservative radio
blowhards who tell you that's what the 'liberals' are saying?

It ain't the small business owners we're worried about. It's the big
corporations who don't pay any taxes that we're concerned with. And
the hedge fund managers and their ilk who receive billions of dollars
in perks and stock options, but since it's not officially income and
there are some nice juicy loopholes in the tax code for dividends and
the like, none of it gets taxed.

They aren't creating jobs with their tax breaks. They're creating
trust funds so little Biff and Muffy can live a life without every
having to work.

You want to get a good education on the tax code, I recommend reading
a book by a knowledgeable Republican tax reporter, David Cay Johnston.
The book is called "Perfectly legal".

Oh and BTW, the bit about Democrats being pro tax and Republicans
anti-tax: it's all empty rhetoric. When you really look at the
records, you'll see that both parties are equally adept at adjusting
the tax code to help special (read already wealthy) interests.

WillStG

(Mike)
Are you in agreement with trickle down or against it? How do you
increase government tax intake if you cut taxes? Sounds like a raise
to me.

It is empirical fact that after there were accross the board cuts in the
rates of income taxes that tax revenues increased under JFK, and they doubled
under Reagan. This suggests that the economy benefits from lower tax rates on
individual tax payers, and as the owners of many small businesses actually pay
taxes on their businesses at this individual rate it is most likely that this
has much to do with the success of the policy. Particularly as small
businesses as a matter of FACT pay the majority of taxes in the Country and
provide the most new jobs to the economy.

People deride a tax cutting policy as "trickle down economics" and that a
bull**** thing to call the it, in fact it's a better understanding of the
reality of how the system really works out there. If you subsribe to the view
tax cuts are "trickle down"economics, the model you are applying towards what
the economy really is and how it operates is just plain wrong, and in the end
the real results speak louder than any rhetorical slogan ever can.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

Kurt Duncan

"John" wrote in message
m...

Tax cuts don't increase the amount government takes in. That's
ridiculous. The only way he could bring in *more* money after a tax
cut is to bundle it with an even bigger tax increase. So who got taxed
more?

The problem is in semantics. We don't want tax cuts (well, okay, those
too), we want tax RATE cuts. If I keep more of my money, I am likely to
spend it. Because money is finite, but recirculating, the more I spend, the
more there is. It sounds wrong, until you actually think about it. I don't
want more of the limited number of dollars; I want to see the same dollars,
over and over again.

A good economy is one in which the money circulates. Now, if I keep
spending it, and it keeps coming back to me (bonuses, raises, sprocket
sales, whatever), then I keep getting taxed on it. At some point, the
economy spins up to where I pay more in absolute taxes, at a lower tax rate,
than I would have paid at the higher tax rate. The macro effect is that the
economy gears up, everyone produces more sprockets, everyone HAS more
sprockets, and life is better.

When govt. increases tax rates, it cools my tendency to spend. The economy
slows down, even stalls. People make fewer sprockets, because fewer people
are buying them. Overall, life is not so good.

Now, the counter argument is that government, in reallocating money, does
not cool the economy. The money still gets spent, just not by the person
that earned it. The problem with this, is that it tends to provide
incentives NOT to produce sprockets. If I can get paid a lot to work hard,
producing sprockets, and alternatively, get paid some (not a lot, but some)
NOT to make sprockets, I've got to think really hard about whether I want to
work or loaf for a living. The economy ends up cooling down because there
is less incentive to be productive.

And as far as complaining about people calling small business owners
"rich", who the hell are you quoting? Maybe the conservative radio
blowhards who tell you that's what the 'liberals' are saying?

The conservative radio blowhards are usually quoting the liberal blowhards'
own words.

It ain't the small business owners we're worried about. It's the big
corporations who don't pay any taxes that we're concerned with. And
the hedge fund managers and their ilk who receive billions of dollars
in perks and stock options, but since it's not officially income and
there are some nice juicy loopholes in the tax code for dividends and
the like, none of it gets taxed.

Big corporations pay taxes, hand over fist. Sometimes they get tax breaks
from local governments in order to bring jobs to the local economy. They
still pay federal taxes.

Last time I checked, there weren't very many people that made billions of
dollars; of those that did, none of them (that I recall) were in the
financial sector. Perks are carefully regulated, because they can quickly
cross the line into taxable income. Stock options from the company have no
value until you exercise them, and then they ARE taxed, and usually as
income. Try exercising billions of dollars in stock options. You destroy
the company if you do.

There shouldn't be loopholes anywhere. But they're there, because the tax
system, without loopholes, kills the economy. Instead of rolling back the
regulations, we try to fix the inherent problems of regulations, by creating
more regulations - hence, stupid loopholes.

They aren't creating jobs with their tax breaks. They're creating
trust funds so little Biff and Muffy can live a life without every
having to work.

You are confusing corporations with individuals. Corporations do not create
trust funds for Biff and Muffy. And most of the Biff's and Muffy's (not
all, but most) I've met, actually do go to work. They prefer to, they want
to, they do. A few of them don't, but that is a failing in parenting, not
economics. And, ironically, the losers usually end up broke, because they
spend their money, thus, once again, oiling the economy around them.

You want to get a good education on the tax code, I recommend reading
a book by a knowledgeable Republican tax reporter, David Cay Johnston.
The book is called "Perfectly legal".

I recommend the book by Amity Schlaes. So we have two books. Big deal.
Again, I can only refer you to the CBO numbers indicating, by
stratification, who pays income taxes.

Oh and BTW, the bit about Democrats being pro tax and Republicans
anti-tax: it's all empty rhetoric. When you really look at the
records, you'll see that both parties are equally adept at adjusting
the tax code to help special (read already wealthy) interests.

That, I don't doubt one bit -- even though it's stupid to do so purely for
political gain. Pandering to the rich always produces fewer votes than
pandering to the poor.

Kurt Albershardt

Kurt Duncan wrote:

[...]

Lower rates are fine--it's the disparity in the net effective tax rate that needs to be kept in mind.

It ain't the small business owners we're worried about. It's the big
corporations who don't pay any taxes that we're concerned with. And
the hedge fund managers and their ilk who receive billions of dollars
in perks and stock options, but since it's not officially income and
there are some nice juicy loopholes in the tax code for dividends and
the like, none of it gets taxed.

Big corporations pay taxes, hand over fist. Sometimes they get tax breaks
from local governments in order to bring jobs to the local economy. They
still pay federal taxes.

Some big corporations pay hand over fist. Others use multijurisdictional games and interlocking invoices in order to avoid or shift taxes in ways from which most reasonable people, if given a chance to really see behind the curtain, would recoil.

Last time I checked, there weren't very many people that made billions of
dollars; of those that did, none of them (that I recall) were in the
financial sector. Perks are carefully regulated, because they can quickly
cross the line into taxable income. Stock options from the company have no
value until you exercise them, and then they ARE taxed, and usually as
income. Try exercising billions of dollars in stock options. You destroy
the company if you do.

Exercising triggers one set of problems (AMT, which desperately needs reform.) Selling is what upsets the public market.

Blind Joni

Pandering to the rich always produces fewer votes than
pandering to the poor.

Good quote.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Analogeezer

(Don Pearce) wrote in message ...
On 11 Jun 2004 05:56:12 -0700,

"George" wrote in message
[...]

So you are a democrat, and you are criticizing a republican president
because he did what a democrat would have done.

One would have thought you'd have been pleased.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

No I'm criticizing a Republican president who sold his tax plan on the
basis of it was a tax cut for the regular guy.

The first thing republicans do is claim that any democrat is out to
raise their taxes, while they won't do that.

Reality is that both sides are after your wallet but republicans try
to make it like they are getting you a tax break.

The other game they like to play is cut taxes at the state or Federal
level, and have the taxation burden trickle downward to the
locals....we had a republican governer a while back I call him "Happy
Gilmore" because he was an idiot and his name was Gilmore.

He ran on a three word platform "no car tax", our state has a very low
sales tax but a high tax on car ownership (e.g. about $500 per year
per $10,000 of value).

He never actually got rid of the car tax because they put limits on it
due to the deficits he ran up when the income went away but he
wouldn't cut spending enough to pay for it.

Now they are having to up the sales tax, and of course localities have
already raised their property taxes.

The problem with this country is nobody wants to pay taxes, but at the
same time nobody wants to not get government services.

In the good old days when taxes were low, if you got old and sick,
well you died...nobody was gonna pay for your medicine but you.

The problem with the US is that everybody wants 1920's taxes with 2004
government handouts and benefits, you can't have both.

Analogeezer
Don Pearce

On 11 Jun 2004 12:25:50 -0700,
(Analogeezer) wrote:

[...]

Did anybody seriously believe that he could cut taxes for the regular
guy? Regular guys, who pay their taxes like good boys are where
governments get their funds. The big boys, who make them fight for
every cent aren't worth pursuing.

Here in the UK, we have always been taxed heavily - although nothing
like the communist countries of mainland Europe (particularly
Scandinavia). I suppose cars are where we are hit hardest -
particularly petrol, although I prefer to see taxes, which have to be
raised somewhere, levied where I can make a choice about whether I
join in or not. Income tax just doesn't give you that option.

But when any politician, of any party tells me I will be taxed less by
him, I just laugh.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Kurt Duncan

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message
Kurt Duncan wrote:

cross the line into taxable income. Stock options from the company have

no
value until you exercise them, and then they ARE taxed, and usually as
income. Try exercising billions of dollars in stock options. You

destroy
the company if you do.

Exercising triggers one set of problems (AMT, which desperately needs

reform.) Selling is what upsets the public market.

You are correct. I was thinking of same-day sales, and sell-to-cover. I
neglected to consider buy only. And yes, please, fix AMT. Or get rid of
it. Or something. Not you... congress.

Is there any way in heck all these threads can somehow go back on-topic?
:-)

Jay Kadis

Kurt Duncan wrote:

cross the line into taxable income. Stock options from the company have

no
value until you exercise them, and then they ARE taxed, and usually as
income. Try exercising billions of dollars in stock options. You

destroy
the company if you do.

Exercising triggers one set of problems (AMT, which desperately needs

reform.) Selling is what upsets the public market.

You are correct. I was thinking of same-day sales, and sell-to-cover. I
neglected to consider buy only. And yes, please, fix AMT. Or get rid of
it. Or something. Not you... congress.

Is there any way in heck all these threads can somehow go back on-topic?
:-)

Sure. Let's put a tax on the bits that are discarded in audio data compression!

-Jay
x-------- http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~jay/ ----------x

Mike

"WillStG" wrote in message
(Mike)
Are you in agreement with trickle down or against it? How do you
increase government tax intake if you cut taxes? Sounds like a raise
to me.

It is empirical fact that after there were accross the board cuts in

the
rates of income taxes that tax revenues increased under JFK, and they

doubled
under Reagan.

How many administrations do you know of where over the term of the
administration, tax revenue decreased? I would
venture it to be none. So in essense, being President increases tax revenue.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

Wayne

"WillStG" wrote in message
(Mike)
Are you in agreement with trickle down or against it? How do you
increase government tax intake if you cut taxes? Sounds like a raise
to me.

It is empirical fact that after there were accross the board cuts in

the
rates of income taxes that tax revenues increased under JFK, and they

doubled
under Reagan.

How many administrations do you know of where over the term of the
administration, tax revenue decreased? I would
venture it to be none. So in essense, being President increases tax revenue.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

The Fed chairman controls the coins and the economy dispite what the branches
of government do or think. Politicians are only good at skimming - and I mean
all of 'em. They go to office rich and come out richer. It's the American
way. Political offices are bought for profit. They only do things to keep
themselves in office, after all, nobody like to get fired.

One of the ways elections could be more effective at finding "the right people
to lead" is to prohibit media ads period. Make the playing ground level by
equal time and have the government pay for it and have limits on the times and
how often. It would play hell with the lobbyist and special interest, but it
might just get us some elected politicians interested in the job and not the
benefits.

Just a thought. YMMV.

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-
Bob Cain

Mike wrote:

How do you
increase government tax intake if you cut taxes? Sounds like a raise
to me.

Because the lower taxes increase consumption which results
in income several times, all of which is taxed, as it
filters down to raw materials or is recycled through the
requisite services.

It's obvious. To fix the economy we need to spur
consumption. What's wrong with this picture?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Mike

[...]

Ha. I was just reading about tax acts and so forth during Reagans
administration and it appears his tax reductions weren't nearly and
great as advertised. He was doing a bit of robbing peter to pay Paul.
He actually increased business taxes so the increased business tax
revenues, were if at all, only partially a result of reduced personal
income taxes, and a direct result of good old increase in taxes.

Mike
http://www.mmeproductions.com

hank alrich

Analogeezer wrote:

The problem with the US is that everybody wants 1920's taxes with 2004
government handouts and benefits, you can't have both.

The biggest problem with the US is how much of our monetary resources
are devoted to the military.

http://www.e-tractions.com/truemajor...MzMjE3gjK3gjds

--
ha
hank alrich

Jay Kadis wrote:

"Kurt Duncan" wrote:

Is there any way in heck all these threads can somehow go back on-topic?

Sure. Let's put a tax on the bits that are discarded in audio data
compression!

Won't work for long; neocons will insist the bits are not discarded,
just moved where we can't find them, kind of like much of the CIA's
budget.

--
ha

"hank alrich" wrote in message
. ..
Analogeezer wrote:

The problem with the US is that everybody wants 1920's taxes with 2004
government handouts and benefits, you can't have both.

The biggest problem with the US is how much of our monetary resources
are devoted to the military.

http://www.e-tractions.com/truemajor...MzMjE3gjK3gjds

No, the biggest problem are things that we don't need anymore but due to
special interest lobbying we can't seem to get rid of... like the $156
million 2004 wool subsidy, the $800 million annual milk subsidy, & programs
like that.
--

Neil Henderson
Progressive Rock

Valued User

On 2004-06-09 09:26:31 -0700, George said:

That he is to benifit from trickle down salvation
George

HAHAHAHA you rule. ROTFLMAO

Valued User

On 2004-06-10 19:10:59 -0700, "Romeo Rondeau" said:

"MBrain" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
Romeo dont think you get it...."The only thing
trickling down was a big fat Zero" So you ass could
not possibly be able to trickle down or be kissed, the
physic's is not their. Go back to the drawing board
and draw another ass that works......

I will do so as soon as you can form a complete sentence. :-)

Oh man, I mean... dude don't you know how totally LAAAAAAAME-O!
comeback that was? I mean, you might as well have said, *In nasally
voice* "I may have just been completely shutdown, but you can't spell.
Big ****ing deal, at least the man can do basic mathematics, which by
the way you so blindly and zealously follow trickle down economics, or
any of Ronnie boy's illogical policies and the second rate hollywood
washout propaganda.

Shot out to M. Brain, my man.
You were probably so outraged you were typing sloppily, I know I am.