ebsimonds

Default Apt Holman Pre-amp - Needs Repair

I am the original owner of an Apt Holman preamplifier s/n A005082. In
May 1986 I returned it to Apt for an upgrade. The unit has worked
flawlessly since.

The other day I noticed that one channel produced sever distortion.

Apt is no longer in business. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable,
honest repair shop where I can have the problem(s) diagnosed? I'm
located near Dallas and would give a local shop first preference if
there's a good one nearby.

Thanks.

EBS

MIKE

I have an Apt-Holman preamp also. Before you try repairs, try a few
simple "tests" at home. Operate ALL switches a few times (mute.
tape/dub, ext processor, selector, balance, volume, etc). Unplug and
reseat all connectors. Your distortion could be just a poor connection.

-MIKE

Krell Repair BSSR Audio Opinions 1 October 16th 14 05:34 PM
Need to repair or replace rear speaker in a 1997 olds bravada Elizabeth Sullivan Car Audio 1 July 17th 04 10:57 AM
Sony Repair Suggestions Geoff Wood General 43 May 7th 04 03:11 AM
specific advice on surround repair MajBach1 Audio Opinions 0 January 29th 04 12:30 AM
beogram 8000 turntable repair any shadetree repair techs out there? s [email protected] High End Audio 0 August 24th 03 08:32 PM