AL

Default speaker wiring

Hi all. I just bought some new Yamaha speakers to replace my older JVC
tower speakers. Now these are the surround sound type they came with 5
speakers and a powererd sub. No problem hooking up the front, rear and
center channels but the sub has an RCA plug at the rear and the
instuctions say to plug it into the sub jack on the back of the amp.
Well I don't have a sub jack. I wired it to one side of the front
speaker jack. Is there a better way?
Thanks for any advice.
AL

Arny Krueger

"AL" wrote in message

Hi all. I just bought some new Yamaha speakers to replace my older JVC
tower speakers. Now these are the surround sound type they came with 5
speakers and a powered sub. No problem hooking up the front, rear and
center channels but the sub has an RCA plug at the rear and the
instructions say to plug it into the sub jack on the back of the amp.
Well I don't have a sub jack. I wired it to one side of the front
speaker jack. Is there a better way?

What are you wiring these speakers to, in the way of equipment?

Kalman Rubinson

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:19:53 -0500, AL
wrote:

Hi all. I just bought some new Yamaha speakers to replace my older JVC
tower speakers. Now these are the surround sound type they came with 5
speakers and a powererd sub. No problem hooking up the front, rear and
center channels but the sub has an RCA plug at the rear and the
instuctions say to plug it into the sub jack on the back of the amp.
Well I don't have a sub jack. I wired it to one side of the front
speaker jack. Is there a better way?

Do you mean to say that you have a multichannel amp/receiver without a
sub or LFE output? Tell us which as it seems highly unusual.

Kal
AL

Sorry Guys, it is an older JVC multichannel amp I bought it about 7
years ago, and it does not have a sub out-put jack, so I need to know
which would be the best way to wire the sub, like I said right now I
have it sharing the wiring of one of the front speakers.
I am sure there is a better way but need some advice.
Thanks again for the replies.
AL

Arny Krueger

"AL" wrote in message

Sorry Guys, it is an older JVC multichannel amp I bought it about 7
years ago, and it does not have a sub out-put jack, so I need to know
which would be the best way to wire the sub, like I said right now I
have it sharing the wiring of one of the front speakers.
I am sure there is a better way but need some advice.

If its an amp, then it gets its multichannel feed from some other component.
That component, which could be a DVD player with built-in decoder, would be
the logical source of the bass signal at line level.

If everything else fails, take the line-level inputs to the front main pair,
and route them through a 2-way crossover. Drive the sub from the merged bass
output of the crossover. Set all other speakers in the system to be "small".

FA: Creative Labs 5.1 Speaker set w/Box (Cheap!!!) Ganon2003 General 0 December 3rd 03 04:22 AM
bulding speaker boxes and bass tubes chardie General 0 November 22nd 03 10:05 PM
Seeking advice on speaker cable Eric the Mac Guy General 12 September 17th 03 11:39 AM
Multi Media Wiring Steve General 2 September 16th 03 09:26 PM
Acoustically transparent but opaque material for blind speaker testing? Per Stromgren General 0 August 19th 03 09:33 AM