JS

Default Fm Modulator all installed, was Splice mini jack line in into old car stereo for cd player / mp3 player input.

Was Splice mini jack line in into old car stereo for cd player /
mp3 player input.

So I have finally managed - almost 6 months =) - to get my FM
modulator all installed.

I had a first go and tried to use a wire tap to get power to the unit
but that didn't work so I gave up for a while. I then tested a wire
tap and found that sometimes the metal plate doesn't make contact with
the wire. I bought some closed end crimp caps and cut the power wire
going to the HU, pulled back the insulation and then crimped the two
ends and the end of the power wire that goes to the Fm Modulator. I
then tested the voltage using a multimeter on the cable going to the
fm modulator and I finally had power! I left the ground wires
connected with the wire tap as that seemed to work fine.

Anyway it sounds great and works quite nicely.

Here are some pics.

http://www.geocities.com/ladyslipper98201/index.html

Thanks for everyone who offered advice!

JJ