Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michax Michax is offline

Default Camera fast/slow movement sound effect

Hi,

I'm looking for a sound effect, which is used to present something
like fast/slow
camera movement. I have animation that's going from close up to wide
view. I guess this effect is similar to
matrix like slow motion sound, but i'm not sure about that.

Sorry if it's off topic, but i really don't know where can I ask
instead.
However, thanks for your time and any ideas/keywords.

--
Michal Kulinski
www.webdesign.rootnode.pl/projects/gametv/
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Michax" wrote ...
I'm looking for a sound effect, which is used to present something
like fast/slow camera movement.

Cartoon SFX for "fast" frequently included "whoshing" sounds,
and for slow: "creaking" (like an old, rusty door or gate).

www.sounddogs.com has a great online library of cartoon SFX.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Michax wrote:

I'm looking for a sound effect, which is used to present something
like fast/slow
camera movement. I have animation that's going from close up to wide
view. I guess this effect is similar to
matrix like slow motion sound, but i'm not sure about that.

Hollywood Edge has a whole series of different wipes and squeals available.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
andrejs eigus andrejs eigus is offline

Sorry if it's off topic, but i really don't know where can I ask
instead.
However, thanks for your time and any ideas/keywords.

....and of course you can always ask people in
rec.arts.movies.production.sound

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"andrejs eigus" wrote ...
Sorry if it's off topic, but i really don't know where can I ask
instead.
However, thanks for your time and any ideas/keywords.

...and of course you can always ask people in
rec.arts.movies.production.sound

r.a.m.p.s tend to be more on the production side,
and selecting and mixing SFX is something done
in the post-production (editing & mixing) phase.
But there may be some "posties" there, too.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Michax wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a sound effect, which is used to present something
like fast/slow
camera movement. I have animation that's going from close up to wide
view. I guess this effect is similar to
matrix like slow motion sound, but i'm not sure about that.

Sorry if it's off topic, but i really don't know where can I ask
instead.
However, thanks for your time and any ideas/keywords.

--
Michal Kulinski
www.webdesign.rootnode.pl/projects/gametv/

I think that all you are asking for is a pitch shift
of some complex sound. Perhaps you would want the
pitch to increase with the speed of the zoom, or let
wide low pitch represent wide angle?

Tobiah

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michax Michax is offline

On 5 Gru, 03:46, Tobiah wrote:
Michax wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a sound effect, which is used to present something
like fast/slow
camera movement. I have animation that's going from close up to wide
view. I guess this effect is similar to
matrix like slow motion sound, but i'm not sure about that.

Sorry if it's off topic, but i really don't know where can I ask
instead.
However, thanks for your time and any ideas/keywords.

--
Michal Kulinski
www.webdesign.rootnode.pl/projects/gametv/

I think that all you are asking for is a pitch shift
of some complex sound. Perhaps you would want the
pitch to increase with the speed of the zoom, or let
wide low pitch represent wide angle?

Tobiah

Thanks for all ideas.

Tobiah, i need to represent speed of zoom and some sound effect
connected with camera fast movement in space. Pitch shift will be
great, like you said. I thought also about record and edit some wind
effects.. but i'm not sure about my sfx skills. However i will play
around
to figure it out.

Going further i will use whooshing sound for some passing by effects,
thanks Richard for
keywords and source, I found there some nice samples.

...and of course you can always ask people in
rec.arts.movies.production.sound

Sure, i will explore this group, thanks !

uff .. i didn't expect so many advices, so many and so valuable.
Thanks a lot, again.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michax Michax is offline

On 6 Gru, 00:42, Michax wrote:
On 5 Gru, 03:46, Tobiah wrote:

Michax wrote:
[...]

So many "thanks" .. don't think that i'm some kind of "bootlicker"
guy :P

recording qual of dig camera sound art Pro Audio 3 December 19th 06 03:10 AM
camera sound Gal General 2 December 2nd 03 01:15 PM
Looking for a slow down / speed up VST effect (like vinyl records) stef Pro Audio 3 November 22nd 03 10:59 AM
Help! Car audio sound volume became very slow AG Car Audio 6 October 1st 03 03:03 AM