Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Brett DeAngelo Brett DeAngelo is offline

Default Connecting an old mic to PC

Hi,

I have a balanced microphone that uses a 5 pin din connector, this
connector is connected to a power source that gives off another 5 pin
din connector (which connects directly to the amp usually).

I tried using cables that converted the 5 pin din connection to a
3.5mm jack so that it would fit into my computer, however no input
sound came through, only quiet static noises - I was told that the
line in on a PC feeds small current to mics and may have interfered
with the external power source.

Anyway, given this information, is it possible to connect the mic to
my PC? If so, can you please explain how.