Rob Z.

Default repost : HELP - Kenwood power input for 1991 amp (modle KAC-920) Picture link

Need help with what is probably second hand knowledge for some of you
seasoned audiophiles.

I have a Kenwood amp (model# kac920), it has a plug for power input, I lost
the plug so I am going to solder right to the pins that are there but can't
figure out what pins are for what.

looks like this :
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rzi...bum?.dir=/2a65

Thanks

Rob Z.

Bruce Chang

"Rob Z." wrote in message
Need help with what is probably second hand knowledge for some of you
seasoned audiophiles.

I have a Kenwood amp (model# kac920), it has a plug for power input, I
lost
the plug so I am going to solder right to the pins that are there but
can't
figure out what pins are for what.

looks like this :
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rzi...bum?.dir=/2a65

Thanks

Rob Z.

If you open the amp and take a picture of the board, I'm sure I could give
you a better idea.

A better idea would be to use a DMM. You could ground one end to the
chassis and at least find out which pins are ground. Then you can probe
from one side of the fuse to the other pins and you'll find out which ones
are power. If you don't get anything, try probing the other side of the
fuse.

-Bruce

Rob Z.

"Rob Z." wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Bruce, Now why didn't I think of that ????