Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horsesh*t?

((Dr. Oliver often pointed out how destructive do-gooding could be and
was, but Bono was only beginning to crap on the commode when Oliver
was in his prime. Oliver never lived long enough to see the sorry
spectacle of Bill Gates, GW Bush, and rocker ****s like Bono and Bob
Geldof all allied, for once, in saving Africa from itself. A massive
featherless biped die off in Africa and in other Fourth World
hellholes is inevitable-the only question is it going to happen before
or after the African wildlife and unique, untrampled wildlands are
absolutely exterminated. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later.
Bret.))

Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horsesh*t?

by Mike Payne on October 19, 2009

"What would happen if Barry Manilow and Woodrow Wilson had a lovechild? I’m not sure, but I have a sinking feeling the unlucky spawn would grow into something like Bono Vox.

Unlike other “rockers with a conscience,” Bono has gone to great
lengths to make it known that he actually studies the issues. This
does seem true; he is definitely more thoughtful than your average
Rock the Vote blowhard. That makes his naive NYT op-ed about Obama’s
Peace Prize all the more annoying. Bono writes:

“We will support the Millennium Development Goals, and approach next
year’s summit with a global plan to make them a reality. And we will
set our sights on the eradication of extreme poverty in our time.”

They’re not my words, they’re your president’s. If they’re not
familiar, it’s because they didn’t make many headlines. But for me,
these 36 words are why I believe Mr. Obama could well be a force for
peace and prosperity.”

Had Obama uttered these words during his first day in office, and were
Bono responding to them on day two, perhaps the rocker could be
forgiven. The problem is they came several months into Obama’s
presidency, after Barack had already pulled shenanigans like attacking
Pakistan. Bono might want to get on the ZooTV phone and ask the
Pakistanis how they’re liking that peace and prosperity.

Lest we forget, George W. Bush also made bold, idealistic statements
early in his reign, like when he vowed to “rid the world of the evil-
doers.” We all witnessed (and continue to witness) the legacy of that
thundering gibberish. But because Bono seems determined to remain ga-
ga over Barack, he manages to ignore how much the new President’s
actions already conflict with his high-minded words.

Vox goes on to share this:

These new steps — and those 36 words — remind the world that America
is not just a country but an idea, a great idea about opportunity for
all and responsibility to your fellow man.

Incurable dreamers relinquish bladder control when discussing the
allegedly utopian idea of America. Conveniently, they always seem to
leave out the less utopian parts of that idea.

Furthermore, the broad tone of this op-ed is an ode to Obama‘s pledges
for “a global plan,” which in practice means sacrificing American
sovereignty to less than accountable international bodies. Isn’t it
interesting that these democracy worshippers are always looking to
dilute democracy by empowering the unelected? They want democracy
everywhere, except in those places they wish to meddle (which pretty
much means everywhere).

I am always happy to hear Bono announcing what is best for my money,
since that is all these foreign aid Ponzi schemes amount to. I
couldn’t be more delighted to watch someone I didn’t elect, and who
isn’t a citizen of my country, looking for new places to blow my
lucre. I would like to tell Mr. Vox to fund his own lemons with his
own funds, but alas, my pleas would fall on tone deaf ears. A
megalomaniac always considers it a birthright to put other people’s
money where his mouth is."

http://www.takimag.com/sniperstower/...wild_horsesht/