Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default The Scottie Meltdown

On Oct 13, 6:43*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
On Oct 13, 5:06*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
20 miles from Austin, 50 miles from San Antonio. Next to San Marcos,
home of Texas State University (where LBJ went). It's a great
location...that's why I chose it.

Not the nearby Carl's Jr? :-)

I actually saw my first Carl's Jr. here the other day. I was wondering
if you had 'em (not that I like them).

Just two in the area and they're new this year.

Too bad they're icky...and the TV commercials aredownright offensive.

But honestly...do you think you have enough Whataburgers here?

Inexplicable state favorite. OTOH, the drive to Houston is punctuated by
Sonic stops.

Sonic comes in a close second.

Texas Monthly just did a 50 best burgers article. Locals on the list
include Mighty Fine, very traditional, and Burger Tex, Korean.

I was given a copy upon my arrival. I checked out #2 at The Counter
Cafe in Austin...very underwhelmed. Tried Mighty Fine with the kids
and we were mighty disappointed. Burger Tex...much better. I had the
burger at Parkside...#29...and it was good. It was so rare it mooed.

Had a decent burger in San Antonio at La Tuna Grill near Blue Star.

All in all, I'd rather hit Steak N Shake. I think of LA burgers such
as Apple Pan and Cassell's and Father's Office and there's no
comparison. I thought Texas would rock because all the cows are here.

IH-35 is turning into one giant strip mall from Austin to San Antonio..

Thank God for Hill Country. I've had some fun treks out toward
Dripping Springs.

Nice country roads! There are even wineries out there.

I also recommend the bbq pilgrimage to Lockhart. As a California native,
I found it mind-blowing.

Personally, I thought Fredericksburg was amazing. Home to Bill Hicks,
too.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default The VinylFraud Meltdown

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Oct 13, 3:39*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 13, 1:59*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

(snip another usenet resume full of contradiction, the telecom guy
with lots of cut and snip and splice experience).

I'd like to see your resume, 2pid. (I don't have one. I have a CV.
LoL.)

No? It's as I thought: you hand out towels in the men's room for a
living. Why else would your wife work as a transient field laborer?
LoL.

Since he's a corporate stooge, it's a very short resume. He probably
likes to pad it with items like "saving RAO from itself." LoL.

"Expert in heterographs"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 6:56*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Oct 13, 1:59*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

(snip another usenet resume full of contradiction, the telecom guy
with lots of cut and snip and splice experience).

I'd like to see your resume, 2pid. (I don't have one. I have a CV.
LoL.)

No? It's as I thought: you hand out towels in the men's room for a
living. Why else would your wife work as a transient field laborer?
LoL.

Since he's a corporate stooge, it's a very short resume. He probably
likes to pad it with items like "saving RAO from itself." LoL.

"Expert in heterographs"- Hide quoted text -

"Blog transferer."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
20 miles from Austin, 50 miles from San Antonio. Next to San Marcos,
home of Texas State University (where LBJ went). It's a great
location...that's why I chose it.

Not the nearby Carl's Jr? :-)

I actually saw my first Carl's Jr. here the other day. I was wondering
if you had 'em (not that I like them).

Just two in the area and they're new this year.

Too bad they're icky...and the TV commercials aredownright offensive.

They don't advertise here. Every now and then I get a craving for fried
zucchini.

But honestly...do you think you have enough Whataburgers here?

Inexplicable state favorite. OTOH, the drive to Houston is punctuated by
Sonic stops.

Sonic comes in a close second.

Their advertising is highly entertaining, with TJ of Dave and TJ
long-form improvisation 'fame.'

Texas Monthly just did a 50 best burgers article. Locals on the list
include Mighty Fine, very traditional, and Burger Tex, Korean.

I was given a copy upon my arrival. I checked out #2 at The Counter
Cafe in Austin...very underwhelmed.

Never been, but it was the location for one of the better scenes in
"Slacker" back when it was the G&M Steakhouse. You might try the Shoal
Creek Saloon across the street.

Tried Mighty Fine with the kids and we were mighty disappointed.

Too bad, but they do make stuff on the premises. Mighty Fine is
more-or-less what Austinites think a burger is.

Burger Tex...much better. I had the
burger at Parkside...#29...and it was good. It was so rare it mooed.

Had a decent burger in San Antonio at La Tuna Grill near Blue Star.

All in all, I'd rather hit Steak N Shake. I think of LA burgers such
as Apple Pan and Cassell's and Father's Office and there's no
comparison. I thought Texas would rock because all the cows are here.

Texans can be cheap! You might find the relatively expensive bar and
restaurant burgers more comparable, like the Big Ass burger at the
Roaring Fork. Cheaper at happy hour. The best I've had was at Chez Zee.

There's also a strange double standard for local-themed places vs
carpetbagger themed chains. SteakNShake is highly suspect in that view!
OTOH, some local places rely too much on food-service product or past
glories. I like Dan's (there's one near you) but more for breakfast than
for burgers.

IH-35 is turning into one giant strip mall from Austin to San Antonio.

Thank God for Hill Country. I've had some fun treks out toward
Dripping Springs.

Nice country roads! There are even wineries out there.

I also recommend the bbq pilgrimage to Lockhart. As a California native,
I found it mind-blowing.

Personally, I thought Fredericksburg was amazing. Home to Bill Hicks,
too.

And German bakeries, I'm told.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Recent post provides useful datum

On Oct 13, 5:05*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

Is Scott a sports fan? He seems way too girly for that.
Go Angels! LoL!

He isn't only a military armchair quarterback. He plays the same role
for football.

I'll bet 2pid never played football either. LoL.

They also serve who hand out cups of water on the sideline.

They are often called "Team Manager". I doubt that 2pid did that
either. After all, what's in it for him?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 9:50*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
20 miles from Austin, 50 miles from San Antonio. Next to San Marcos,
home of Texas State University (where LBJ went). It's a great
location...that's why I chose it.

Not the nearby Carl's Jr? :-)

I actually saw my first Carl's Jr. here the other day. I was wondering
if you had 'em (not that I like them).

Just two in the area and they're new this year.

Too bad they're icky...and the TV commercials aredownright offensive.

They don't advertise here. Every now and then I get a craving for fried
zucchini.

But honestly...do you think you have enough Whataburgers here?

Inexplicable state favorite. OTOH, the drive to Houston is punctuated by
Sonic stops.

Sonic comes in a close second.

Their advertising is highly entertaining, with TJ of Dave and TJ
long-form improvisation 'fame.'

Not as funny as Jack in the Box, though. I still can't get the "Mini
Sirloin Burgers" song out of my head.

Texas Monthly just did a 50 best burgers article. Locals on the list
include Mighty Fine, very traditional, and Burger Tex, Korean.

I was given a copy upon my arrival. I checked out #2 at The Counter
Cafe in Austin...very underwhelmed.

Never been, but it was the location for one of the better scenes in
"Slacker" back when it was the G&M Steakhouse. You might try the Shoal
Creek Saloon across the street.

Will do.

Tried Mighty Fine with the kids and we were mighty disappointed.

Too bad, but they do make stuff on the premises. Mighty Fine is
more-or-less what Austinites think a burger is.

Just kind of bland, a little dry.

[...]

Roaring Fork's on my list. Austin does have a Five Guys here, which
may take the lead if it's as good as the ones in Virginia and
Portland. But FG is one of those carpetbaggers.

My main beef (he he) with Texas burgers is that they're so proud of
the actual meat and they do very little with it. It's like they carve
a hunk off the cow, grind it up, throw it on a grill, slap it on a bun
and then think that's it. There's very little going on with seasoning,
condiments, etc. Most of these burgers are downright dry. I will say
that in Texas, both the buns and the french fries have been uniformly
excellent.

IH-35 is turning into one giant strip mall from Austin to San Antonio.

Thank God for Hill Country. I've had some fun treks out toward
Dripping Springs.

Nice country roads! There are even wineries out there.

I also recommend the bbq pilgrimage to Lockhart. As a California native,
I found it mind-blowing.

Personally, I thought Fredericksburg was amazing. Home to Bill Hicks,
too.

And German bakeries, I'm told.

And turkey vultures.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
[...]

I like the Jack commercials, too. Beats the competition for reinventing
the icon.

Texas Monthly just did a 50 best burgers article. Locals on the list
include Mighty Fine, very traditional, and Burger Tex, Korean.

I was given a copy upon my arrival. I checked out #2 at The Counter
Cafe in Austin...very underwhelmed.

Never been, but it was the location for one of the better scenes in
"Slacker" back when it was the G&M Steakhouse. You might try the Shoal
Creek Saloon across the street.

Will do.

Tried Mighty Fine with the kids and we were mighty disappointed.

Too bad, but they do make stuff on the premises. Mighty Fine is
more-or-less what Austinites think a burger is.

Just kind of bland, a little dry.

Ordered mustard all the way! The ones I've had weren't too dry and a cut
above the chains. Proper food prep is a concern these days and chains
(and food services)are the major source of atrocities.

[...]

Other new chains are Terra (organic), Elevation (grass-fed), PTerry's
(local). Established local chains: Dan's, Hilberts (char), Texadelphia
(cheesesteaks). One-offs: Dirty Martins on the Drag; Wally's (haven't
been since the gf found foreign objects); Burger House (proud of their
season salt); Hut's (local landmark).

My main beef (he he) with Texas burgers is that they're so proud of
the actual meat and they do very little with it. It's like they carve
a hunk off the cow, grind it up, throw it on a grill, slap it on a bun
and then think that's it. There's very little going on with seasoning,
condiments, etc. Most of these burgers are downright dry. I will say
that in Texas, both the buns and the french fries have been uniformly
excellent.

This is the land of bbq brisket, no sauce.

IH-35 is turning into one giant strip mall from Austin to San
Antonio.

Thank God for Hill Country. I've had some fun treks out toward
Dripping Springs.

Nice country roads! There are even wineries out there.

I also recommend the bbq pilgrimage to Lockhart. As a California
native,
I found it mind-blowing.

Personally, I thought Fredericksburg was amazing. Home to Bill Hicks,
too.

And German bakeries, I'm told.

And turkey vultures.

One the first things I saw driving to Austin for the first time was a
vulture sitting in the middle of the road just off the interstate. Huge!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 14, 2:16*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

Other new chains are Terra (organic), Elevation (grass-fed), PTerry's
(local). Established local chains: Dan's, Hilberts (char), Texadelphia
(cheesesteaks). One-offs: Dirty Martins on the Drag; Wally's (haven't
been since the gf found foreign objects); Burger House (proud of their
season salt); Hut's (local landmark).

Tried Terra and it was predictably dry. I've been to burger place like
this before, where they claim to be healthy and offer the leanest meat
available. Unfortunately, ground sirloin makes a dry burger. It had
the consistency of a hockey puck. That was too bad, since everything
else (especially the BBQ sauce) was tasty.

I've heard a lot of people recommending Hut's. I've also driven past
Dirty Martin's, but it didn't look too promising.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Oct 14, 2:16*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

Other new chains are Terra (organic), Elevation (grass-fed), PTerry's
(local). Established local chains: Dan's, Hilberts (char), Texadelphia
(cheesesteaks). One-offs: Dirty Martins on the Drag; Wally's (haven't
been since the gf found foreign objects); Burger House (proud of their
season salt); Hut's (local landmark).

Tried Terra and it was predictably dry. I've been to burger place like
this before, where they claim to be healthy and offer the leanest meat
available. Unfortunately, ground sirloin makes a dry burger. It had
the consistency of a hockey puck. That was too bad, since everything
else (especially the BBQ sauce) was tasty.

I've heard a lot of people recommending Hut's. I've also driven past
Dirty Martin's, but it didn't look too promising.

I've been here twenty years and I've barely set foot in the place let
alone eaten there!

Hut's is more for local atmosphere than for food. The interior is cool
for its lack of changing with the times.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
Boon wrote:

[...]

Do you know the name of the place near campus...crap, I can't remember
the streets off hand... right near the business conference center where
we did a lot of stuff in March... anyway, homestyle burgers and things.
Really pretty decent.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 14, 7:42*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,
*Boon wrote:

[...]

Terra Burgers was right across the street from UT. I think they'd have
something if they did medium rare. But my burger was burnt to a crisp.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Do you know the name of the place near campus...crap, I can't remember
the streets off hand... right near the business conference center where
we did a lot of stuff in March... anyway, homestyle burgers and things.
Really pretty decent.

Players? Their site was supposed be converted into a parking garage, but
the management had relatives in the Lege and got a law to protect
themselves.

Holdovers from the days when the drinking age was eighteen.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Do you know the name of the place near campus...crap, I can't remember
the streets off hand... right near the business conference center where
we did a lot of stuff in March... anyway, homestyle burgers and things.
Really pretty decent.

Players? Their site was supposed be converted into a parking garage, but
the management had relatives in the Lege and got a law to protect
themselves.

Holdovers from the days when the drinking age was eighteen.

Stephen

COuld be Players. It wasn't bad, not great. Far side of campus from
SOM, across the street from Pizza Hut, Baskin Robbins, a 7-11.... big
help, huh? ;-) I'll have to Mapquest the area later...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Do you know the name of the place near campus...crap, I can't remember
the streets off hand... right near the business conference center where
we did a lot of stuff in March... anyway, homestyle burgers and things.
Really pretty decent.

Players? Their site was supposed be converted into a parking garage, but
the management had relatives in the Lege and got a law to protect
themselves.

Holdovers from the days when the drinking age was eighteen.

Stephen

COuld be Players. It wasn't bad, not great. Far side of campus from
SOM, across the street from Pizza Hut, Baskin Robbins, a 7-11.... big
help, huh? ;-) I'll have to Mapquest the area later...

Players is across from Pizza Hut, Atomic Tattoo, Tekgnar, frozen yogurt.
We have a winner!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,
Jenn wrote:

Do you know the name of the place near campus...crap, I can't remember
the streets off hand... right near the business conference center where
we did a lot of stuff in March... anyway, homestyle burgers and things.

Really pretty decent.

Players? Their site was supposed be converted into a parking garage, but
the management had relatives in the Lege and got a law to protect
themselves.

Holdovers from the days when the drinking age was eighteen.

Stephen

COuld be Players. It wasn't bad, not great. Far side of campus from
SOM, across the street from Pizza Hut, Baskin Robbins, a 7-11.... big
help, huh? ;-) I'll have to Mapquest the area later...

Players is across from Pizza Hut, Atomic Tattoo, Tekgnar, frozen yogurt.
We have a winner!

Stephen

Ah ha! It was pretty good, certainly better than corporate burgers.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 15, 10:49*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

,

*Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

,
*Jenn wrote:

[...]

Not that I want to nitpick about the word "corporate," but I can think
of some chains that make a fine burger such as In-N-Out, Tommy's, Five
Guys, Steak N Shake...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Oct 15, 10:49*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

,
*Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

rg
,
*Jenn wrote:

[...]

I would agree with In-N-Out and Tommy's. I haven't experienced the
others. I was referring to McPlastic's, Jack, etc.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

Not that I want to nitpick about the word "corporate," but I can think
of some chains that make a fine burger such as In-N-Out, Tommy's, Five
Guys, Steak N Shake...

I forgot to mention Austin's timewarp flashback joints: Top Notch (of
"Dazed and Confused" fame) and the Nighthawk Frisco. Like being
transported back to the seventies.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 15, 1:12*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
Not that I want to nitpick about the word "corporate," but I can think
of some chains that make a fine burger such as In-N-Out, Tommy's, Five
Guys, Steak N Shake...

I forgot to mention Austin's timewarp flashback joints: Top Notch (of
"Dazed and Confused" fame) and the Nighthawk Frisco. Like being
transported back to the seventies.

Top Notch is on my radar.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 11, 1:36 am, Bret L wrote:

Somebody posted on here a good and legitimate question
on a problem with a PA/SR oriented product, regarding
the Speakon connectors on his rig.

It got no comment from the usual collection of losers
here.

Most of you losers, and you know who you are, don't know
what Speakon connectors are.

High end fraudio doesn't use them.

Why not? It's because high end fraudio is a cult of
masturbators and cock size worshippers.

I recently reviewed the Gradient Helsinki 1.5
loudspeakers, and they use Speakon connectors. I found
them to be problematic since they didn't always seat
properly.

While they are extremely reliable and robust, it is possible to damage
SpeakOns while installing them.

I've also found that naive users don't always lock them down properly.

It's either a case of poor QC, or a user error.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

The Big **** still hasn't removed the skidmarks from its face.

It's either a case of poor QC, or a user error.

Arnii, your birth was a user error. Everything else is fate.

BTW, in your absence, Scottie Witlessmongrel has taken to emulating your
poor use of language. Do you realize that your fractured "sentence" has 11
words and 3 errors? I'm still amazed you haven't been hauled off to the
loony bin by now.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 17, 7:24*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Boon" wrote in message

On Oct 11, 1:36 am, Bret L wrote:
Somebody posted on here a good and legitimate question
on a problem with a PA/SR oriented product, regarding
the Speakon connectors on his rig.
It got no comment from the usual collection of losers
here.
Most of you losers, and you know who you are, don't know
what Speakon connectors are.
High end fraudio doesn't use them.
Why not? It's because high end fraudio is a cult of
masturbators and cock size worshippers.

I recently reviewed the Gradient Helsinki 1.5
loudspeakers, and they use Speakon connectors. I found
them to be problematic since they didn't always seat
properly.

While they are extremely reliable and robust, it is possible to damage
SpeakOns while installing them.

I've also found that naive users don't always lock them down properly.

It's either a case of poor QC, or a user error.

Let's ask Pastor Matt what he thinks.