Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default So much for artillery

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Pudge the Gimp minced:

Any musicians around?

No. The irascible Boon chased 'em all away.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Yes and not everyone who can play it understands the style.

Looking at YouTube, I'd check out Rabin, Heifetz and Sarasate.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Like many works, any number of good players can play it, but to make
music of it is difficult.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Like many works, any number of good players can play it, but to make
music of it is difficult.

I didn't notice who the performer was, but apparently he or she got it at
least half right. G

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Yes and not everyone who can play it understands the style.
Looking at YouTube, I'd check out Rabin, Heifetz and Sarasate.

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 22, 6:32*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Jenn said:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Like many works, any number of good players can play it, but to make
music of it is difficult.

I didn't notice who the performer was, but apparently he or she got it at
least half right. G

Reminds me of a Lygeti piano recording I have. It's both exhilarating
and annoying. The idea that someone put those notes on a sheet of
paper is endlessly intriguing.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Yes and not everyone who can play it understands the style.
Looking at YouTube, I'd check out Rabin, Heifetz and Sarasate.

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

It can get as good as "not too unpleasant." I find it least
objectionable in historical mono recordings and it seems I can tolerate
lower quality from bootleg-ish video.

It helps a little to hit the hq button.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hoser1605 hoser1605 is offline

On Oct 23, 8:20*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

Any musicians around? I'm sure you know Zigeunerweisen by Sarasate. I just
heard a performance (radio). It was by turns irritating and enthralling.
Is this piece considered difficult for a pro to play?

Yes and not everyone who can play it understands the style.
Looking at YouTube, I'd check out Rabin, Heifetz and Sarasate.

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

I have a high quality stereo system and I can not tolerate hearing an
MP3 on it let alone a youtube tune.

It can get as good as "not too unpleasant." I find it least
objectionable in historical mono recordings and it seems I can tolerate
lower quality from bootleg-ish video.

It helps a little to hit the hq button.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

hoser1605 said:

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

I have a high quality stereo system and I can not tolerate hearing an
MP3 on it let alone a youtube tune.

You are, by your own assertion, a hoser. I "can not tolerate" the
intrusion of a hoser into a conversation among Normals.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

What's this -- a new scrip for the pooch? Finally, they updated Doggie
Downers for the sanity-resistant Right-Wing Blog-Dogging Yapper breed.

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

I've found BARK-BARK-BARK! really woof-woof-barkety-BARK! low
U-tube yappity-yappity-yap! less tolerable WOOFWOOFWOOFBARKBARKBARK!

Witless, your typing says "calm", but your inner mutt is still barking
itself into a frenzy. How sad.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 23, 3:02*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Oct 23, 12:27*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

What's this -- a new scrip for the pooch? Finally, they updated Doggie
Downers for the sanity-resistant Right-Wing Blog-Dogging Yapper breed.

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

*I've found BARK-BARK-BARK! really woof-woof-barkety-BARK! low
U-tube yappity-yappity-yap! less tolerable WOOFWOOFWOOFBARKBARKBARK!

Witless, your typing says "calm", but your inner mutt is still barking
itself into a frenzy. How sad.

Here's to calm your weekend....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...usa/barackobam...

"The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July has been the
steepest of any president at the same stage of his first term for more
than 50 years. "

"Governor Jon Corzine of New Jersey is in severe danger of defeat
while Democrats are fast losing hope that Creigh Deeds can beat his
Republican opponent in Virginia. Twin Democratic losses would be a
major blow to Mr Obama's prestige."

*Try not to be depressed.

A weak attempt at spin, 2pid.

Each election, even each midterm, is different. The GOP is now down to
178 seats in the House, far below what it was just six years ago and
back to where it was before the 1994 midterm surge vaulted Republicans
into the majority. After back-to-back strong Democratic victories in
2006 and 2008 - when the party gained 50 House seats - the GOP is due
to rebound, especially with Democratic President Barack Obama in the
White House.

But the president's continued popularity, the damage to the Republican
brand, and the Democrats' financial advantage limit the snapback that
the GOP and the National Republican Congressional Committee can
expect. Moreover, the noteworthy scarcity of House Democratic
retirements so far and decisions by a few Republicans in Democratic-
leaning districts to seek higher office give Democrats and the DCCC
the opportunity to minimize overall losses.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...010_97604.html

So the GOP may win back single digits if hisprical mid-term data is an
indicator. That doesn't mean the GOP is "on the rise". Far from it:
they're a mess. LoL.

So why would anybody be depressed? "Depression" might be caused by the
something similar to the massive losses the GOP has suffered in the
last 3-4 years. That will not happen.

Are you depressed, 2pid? LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

What's this -- a new scrip for the pooch? Finally, they updated Doggie
Downers for the sanity-resistant Right-Wing Blog-Dogging Yapper breed.

Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.

*I've found BARK-BARK-BARK! really woof-woof-barkety-BARK! low
U-tube yappity-yappity-yap! less tolerable WOOFWOOFWOOFBARKBARKBARK!

Witless, your typing says "calm", but your inner mutt is still barking
itself into a frenzy. How sad.

Here's to calm your weekend....

Where's Stynchie with his "train wreck" ticket book?

"The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July

[snip yapping]

So the GOP may win back single digits if hisprical mid-term data is an
indicator. That doesn't mean the GOP is "on the rise". Far from it:
they're a mess. LoL.

A recent poll showed more than half of the American public favors a
government-run option for health insurance. However, the main reason that
option is out of reach is because of the ****uplicans' obstructionism. If
the ****ups win some seats in Congress, that will reveal new depths of
stupidity among the "conservative" electorate.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 23, 4:53*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

What's this -- a new scrip for the pooch? Finally, they updated Doggie
Downers for the sanity-resistant Right-Wing Blog-Dogging Yapper breed.
Serious question: Do youtube musical bits have any value other than
previewing something you might want to buy in a real format? Even when I
play them through my real stereo, using Tivo, the quality is awful.
*I've found BARK-BARK-BARK! really woof-woof-barkety-BARK! low
U-tube yappity-yappity-yap! less tolerable WOOFWOOFWOOFBARKBARKBARK!
Witless, your typing says "calm", but your inner mutt is still barking
itself into a frenzy. How sad.
Here's to calm your weekend....

Where's Stynchie with his "train wreck" ticket book?

"The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July

[snip yapping]

So the GOP may win back single digits if [historical] mid-term data is an
indicator. That doesn't mean the GOP is "on the rise". Far from it:
they're a mess. LoL.

A recent poll showed more than half of the American public favors a
government-run option for health insurance. However, the main reason that
option is out of reach is because of the ****uplicans' obstructionism. If
the ****ups win some seats in Congress, that will reveal new depths of
stupidity among the "conservative" electorate.

I don't believe that poll. If it was true 2pid would have quickly
posted it, along with his famous and often brilliant knee-jerk
commentary.

Your odious. LoL.