Laurence Payne

Default site updated, live location info added

Once you've gotten a grasp on 'chronological order' and
space-time, come back here and apologize to our resident blind sound guy
who by now is probably flinching every time his screen reader announces
another post from "Einstein".

Knowing a little of the incredible ingenuity of blind guys, he'll have
a reader that can be set to skip all quoted material and get straight
to the new, just as I can with a glance. If not, I'm sure he'll be a
top-posting fan :-)

Peter Larsen

Default software for the disabled, was: " site updated, live location infoadded

Laurence Payne wrote:

Knowing a little of the incredible ingenuity of blind guys,

John already did comment.

he'll have a reader that can be set to skip all quoted

No, he hasn't.

If not, I'm sure he'll be a top-posting fan :-)

His stated preference is different. This post, with tersely edited
quote, Relaynet(tm) style, is designed so as to meet what is likely to
be easiest for him.

Back in the old days on Relaynet(tm), aka RIME, we had some simple rules
that made life easy for all, including for the Conference Hosts: no more
than 20 percent quoted content and no more than two lines in a .sig.

The "20 percent quote" was not always realistic, but beyond some 40
percent quote people would get either a gently guiding comment in the
conference or a "Routed Receiver Only" message, at least in the
conferences I was in charge of.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Svante Pettersson

In article , SPAMSHIELD_plarsen@mail.
tele.dk says...

I agree with all you say about quoting and top posting but why do you
quote people's sigs?

/Svante

Peter Larsen

Svante Pettersson wrote:

I agree with all you say about quoting and top posting but
why do you quote people's sigs?

Because it can be useful as a way to make it possible to see who is
quoted in a post with multiple quote layers.

/Svante

Kind regards

Peter Larsen