Neal

Default Problem after upgrading from Vegas Pro to Vegas 4.0

I've been using Vegas Pro for 3 years or so.
I have some projects with 24 tracks that play fine in Vegas Pro on my
platform.
If I open one of them in Vegas 4 it will not play them smoothly. The audio
skips and stops and starts... As if my machine can't handle it.
I can also create a new project and put 24 tracks in it and it has the same
problem. I know my platform can handle 24 tracks because Vegas Pro plays
them fine.
I hope there is some setting(s) I haven't found yet that will correct this
problem.
Any help appreciated.

Billy Bee

What sound card? Drivers? Lastest version of VV4 (should be 'd'). What audio
device under preferences? ASIO drivers? If you have tracks with Acoustic
Mirror, that won't work as a plugin, you'll have to render out the effect.
It should work although with the earliest versions and crack copies, people
were getting stuttering in the early release. What version of Windows? XP
seems to be the most stable with the newest Vegas, they are not supporting
98 with anything from here on out.

"Neal" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've been using Vegas Pro for 3 years or so.
I have some projects with 24 tracks that play fine in Vegas Pro on my
platform.
If I open one of them in Vegas 4 it will not play them smoothly. The audio
skips and stops and starts... As if my machine can't handle it.
I can also create a new project and put 24 tracks in it and it has the

same
problem. I know my platform can handle 24 tracks because Vegas Pro plays
them fine.
I hope there is some setting(s) I haven't found yet that will correct this
problem.
Any help appreciated.

reddred

"Neal" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've been using Vegas Pro for 3 years or so.
I have some projects with 24 tracks that play fine in Vegas Pro on my
platform.
If I open one of them in Vegas 4 it will not play them smoothly. The audio
skips and stops and starts... As if my machine can't handle it.
I can also create a new project and put 24 tracks in it and it has the

same
problem. I know my platform can handle 24 tracks because Vegas Pro plays
them fine.
I hope there is some setting(s) I haven't found yet that will correct this
problem.
Any help appreciated.

Vegas four is more cpu and memory 'intensive'. Try maxing out your buffer.

jb