ScottW

Default Oh, brother. Here we go again...

dave weil wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:16:25 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

What would your restaurant pay for steaks delivered tomorrow if

your
current supplier suddenly couldn't deliver? You would pay whatever
it takes to prevent customer dissatisfaction and fill that short term
demand.

It depends. We might just take it off of the menu. It happens almost
every month with something or other. We would *never* pay twice as
much for steak just to keep it on the menu.

So much for customer service.

So you snottily say. However, our guests understand that we don't buy
a lot of prepackeaged, frozen, easily stored stuff. Most of our stuff
is freshly prepared. Therefore, there are times that we might run out
of an item (in fact, as I said, it happens to menu items around once a
month and it happens to our specials almost every might before the
close of business).
I know that you aren't used to eating in
restaurants that offer creative menus and fresh products and aren't
chains,

and, and, and....
So much for avoiding bald speculation.
Sounds like a Kreuger tactic. Can't refute the point so spin it into
condescending commentary.

No, I just told you the truth.

So exactly what are these restaurants I go to that lack fresh food,
creative menus and are chains? Reality is you don't know anything
about
my dining habits. I have 3 favorite local restaurants and none are
"chains".
All have very good food IMO, (I've never experienced the "we are out"
line your place does regularly). The creativeness of their menus is
subjective so not much point in that argument.

You don't understand the food business
and you use it to make an imperfect analogy. I note that you have no
answer except to moan and **** again. I'm sorry, my friend, but it's
*you* who was snotty, while I was trying to take the high road and
discuss facts in my original reply. *You* started with the hypocrite
stuff and playing the "you're just a waiter" card again (by bringing
up my line of work gratuitously).

Where did I say "you're just a waiter" in this thread?
Are you really that sensitive about your line of work?
I don't give a crap if you're a waiter. I tried to use an analogy
that I thought an elite restaurant dedicated to customer service could
relate too. Unfortunately, your establishment seems more concerned
with the profit impact of leftovers. Don't blame me if you have
misrepresented the quality and customer service of the establishment
you serve.

You need to look in a mirror and see
that you are guilty of the very things you accuse others of. I didn't
attack you and the *only* thing that might have ticked you off was the
use of the word "bald" in the phrase "bald speculation".

Yup, it was snotty, condescending, and very hypocritical as you were
already admittedly engaged in speculation yourself. Do I really need
to label my comments as speculation or can I assume that nuance won't
be too difficult for you to sort out for yourself?

Everything
thing else I discussed was based on the facts as I knew them (except
for *my* very plainly stated speculation, LABELED AS SUCH) in a

No, it was *you* who got nasty, so as far as I'm concerned, that's the
way you want to play it.

Nasty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it is you being overly
sensitive.
Honestly, you never used to be such a wimp. What happened?
Realizing that retirement opportunities aren't materializing any time
soon got you down?

Stop being ****ed that I told you about Arnold from the beginning but
you didn't listen. That's not *my*fault.

Arnold doesn't bother me as much as hypocrites like you who complain
about him and then emulate him.

Once again, your comment about customer service was ill-chosen. For
you, it's all about, "If it's on the menu, you should have it in-house
- quality be damned"

Wrong, if it's on the menu you should have it and it should be of
excellent quality. That is unless we're talking about the local
Country Kitchen.
I didn't think that was the case, but I could be wrong.

For you, it's "Let me speak about things I don't
know anything about in an attempt to deflect the conversation". For
you, it's, "Digital phones are the same thing as food - I know all
about the digital phone business and I grill lobsters at home, so I
must know all about the restaurant business". Well, when you dine at
McDonald's, I guess it's right to be ****ed if they run out of Quarter
Pounders, since it simply means that someone didn't keep the freezer
stocked properly.

Same ol bs Dave. I haven't had a McDonald burger in years.
I don't think I've even had a burger in 6 months.
Why do you resort to unsubstantiated gratuitous comments?
It actually diminishes an already weak argument.

But, you can be happy that you pushed my button this weekend, I
suppose. Forget about discussing an issue without invective.

Finally, I note that you actually snipped out or didn't answer any of
the actually *relevant* points,
so I guess I'll take a victory in the
debate over getting ticked off for a moment. *That* gets the week
started off on the right foot.

I snipped repetitive speculation. There was nothing new of
substance to rehash. If repitition garners you victory in your mind,
enjoy it.
It does explain one thing though. I now have some insight into your
reasoning for those endless threads with Ferstler. I think you two
share the same criteria for victory.

ScottW
George M. Middius

Scottie yapped:

What would your restaurant pay for steaks delivered tomorrow if your
current supplier suddenly couldn't deliver? You would pay whatever
it takes to prevent customer dissatisfaction and fill that short term
demand.

So exactly what are these restaurants I go to that lack fresh food,
creative menus and are chains? Reality is you don't know anything
about my dining habits. I have 3 favorite local restaurants and none are
"chains".

dave was probably speculating that you're as ignorant about dining
in restaurants as you are about running them. That might not be the
case, but your ignorance about the latter is clearly and
emphatically established by your own stupid words.

Is it just coincidence that you and duh-Mikey are such close
neighbors? Look -- fresh juicy bugs! Yum!

Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

dave was probably speculating that you're as ignorant about dining
in restaurants as you are about running them. That might not be the
case, but your ignorance about the latter is clearly and
emphatically established by your own stupid words.

Watching these two bozos fighting each other instead of me has its more
interesting moments. They can't play nice with me and they can't play nice
with each other. Must be the water.

ScottW

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Scottie yapped:

What would your restaurant pay for steaks delivered tomorrow

if your
current supplier suddenly couldn't deliver? You would pay

whatever
it takes to prevent customer dissatisfaction and fill that

short term
demand.

So exactly what are these restaurants I go to that lack fresh food,
creative menus and are chains? Reality is you don't know anything
about my dining habits. I have 3 favorite local restaurants and none

are
"chains".

dave was probably speculating that you're as ignorant about dining
in restaurants as you are about running them.

Definitely speculating, very hypocritical of him.

That might not be the
case, but your ignorance about the latter is clearly and
emphatically established by your own stupid words.

Don't you ever tire of criticizing with absolutely no
attempt to substantiate your statements? Or is that
just to much to ask of you?

No matter how eloquently you manage
to phrase your school yard banter, when reduced to it's core,
you provide the content of a 3rd grader. It's boring.

Is it just coincidence that you and duh-Mikey are such close
neighbors? Look -- fresh juicy bugs! Yum!

I rest my case.

ScottW

George M. Middius

Scottie yapped anew:

What would your restaurant pay for steaks delivered tomorrow
if your current supplier suddenly couldn't deliver? You
would pay whatever it takes to prevent customer
dissatisfaction and fill that short term demand.

dave was probably speculating that you're as ignorant about dining
in restaurants as you are about running them.

Definitely speculating, very hypocritical of him.

How is it hypocritical when you're such a gigantic asshole about
every subject you yap about?

That might not be the case, but your ignorance about the latter is
clearly and emphatically established by your own stupid words.

Don't you ever tire of criticizing with absolutely no attempt to
substantiate your statements? Or is that just to much to ask of you?

The fact that you don't know anything about the restaurant business
is patent and glaring from your stupid statement. Just because you
are ignorant as dirt and try to use that ignorance as a weapon, you
apparently also believe people who have some knowledge on a subject
are obliged to give you an encyclopedic lecture on the subject.

It is a well-known FACT that good restaurants avoid frozen foods,
and very good ones shun them completely. It is also a well-known
FACT that at a very good restaurant, like the one where dave works,
the chef buys what he wants to buy, a decision that is based on a
number of factors.

Your ignorance is also FACT. You are a mental lummox who wears his
snotty ignorance like the Biblical sword of vengeance.

No matter how eloquently you manage to phrase your school yard
banter, when reduced to it's core, you provide the content of a 3rd
grader. It's boring.

You're stupid. But I don't have to tell you that, do I?

Is it just coincidence that you and duh-Mikey are such close
neighbors? Look -- fresh juicy bugs! Yum!

I rest my case.

Poll the group and see who thought my comment was apposite and
pertinent. And then see how many of them willingly liken you to
duh-Mikey.

Your ignorance is boundless, your snottiness unchecked, your
stupidity self-actuating. Duh!

This post reformatted by the Resistance,
laboring tirelessly to de-Kroogerize Usenet.

ScottW

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Scottie yapped anew:

What would your restaurant pay for steaks delivered tomorrow
if your current supplier suddenly couldn't deliver? You
would pay whatever it takes to prevent customer
dissatisfaction and fill that short term demand.

dave was probably speculating that you're as ignorant about dining
in restaurants as you are about running them.

Definitely speculating, very hypocritical of him.

How is it hypocritical when you're such a gigantic asshole about
every subject you yap about?

Is your life really such a bitch that you have to go on so?
It doesn't have to be this way.
Calm down, breath, and think about your meaningless
ravings.
There, now you must know your life is really ****.

[...]

FACT: This has nothing to do with anything I said.
But don't let the facts impede your rant.

Your ignorance is also FACT. You are a mental lummox who wears his
snotty ignorance like the Biblical sword of vengeance.

No matter how eloquently you manage to phrase your school yard
banter, when reduced to it's core, you provide the content of a 3rd
grader. It's boring.

You're stupid. But I don't have to tell you that, do I?

You're repetitive, even for 3rd grader.
Is that a sign of intelligence where you
live? If the only conversation is carried on with oneself,
repititiveness may be a blessing.
Interesting, even George can be blessed on Christmas.

Is it just coincidence that you and duh-Mikey are such close
neighbors? Look -- fresh juicy bugs! Yum!

I rest my case.

Poll the group and see who thought my comment was apposite and
pertinent. And then see how many of them willingly liken you to
duh-Mikey.

Why? Are you saying this group is a sound judge of intellect
and character? I would counter that anyone who allies themselves
with you is a fool, given your history of backstabbing treachery.

Your ignorance is boundless, your snottiness unchecked, your
stupidity self-actuating. Duh!

Translation: I **** George off because I can actually formulate
an argument, all he can do is impotently whine.

ScottW

dave weil

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:20:31 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Translation: I **** George off because I can actually formulate
an argument, all he can do is impotently whine.

Now *that* made me chuckle - thanks for the grins.

Have another Quarter Pounder - they're in stock.
dave weil

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:51:42 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote in message
.. .

Scottie yapped:

What would your restaurant pay for steaks delivered tomorrow

if your
current supplier suddenly couldn't deliver? You would pay

whatever
it takes to prevent customer dissatisfaction and fill that

short term
demand.

So exactly what are these restaurants I go to that lack fresh food,
creative menus and are chains? Reality is you don't know anything
about my dining habits. I have 3 favorite local restaurants and none

are
"chains".

dave was probably speculating that you're as ignorant about dining
in restaurants as you are about running them.

Definitely speculating, very hypocritical of him.

No, you got it wrong. I wasn't "speculating". I was MAKING FUN OF YOU.

I *will* speculate here though. I'll bet, of the three restaurants
that you mentioned frequenting, none of them utilizes a seasonal menu
scheme. I'll bet they all have "fixed" menus, changing only to revamp
the menu occasionally. I'll go so far as to say that it's this comfort
level that drives you to those restaurants. You're sure that they'll
have your t-bone on the menu - you're sure that you can get the same
dessert year after year.

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with that type of
restaurant. However, there are other concepts of restaurants out there
- restaurants where there's an everchanging "follow-the-seasons"
approach; restaurants that push the concept of the freshest possible
wares, with in-house butchering of meat and fish, as little frozen
product as possible, no prepackaged sauces and stocks, local purchase
of fresh produce daily (sometimes at 5:30am at the local market,
etc.). With restaurants like that, the plan is not to reserve what you
made yesterday today (except for certain basic items like rouxs and
doughs) We throw out 99% of our sauces, starches and cooked vegetables
at the end of the night (even those on our main menu). The guest that
frequents our restaurant likes that freshness, NAY, *expects* that
freshness and our success is proof that those guests are willing to
trade off the *very* occasional unavailability of a specific menu
item.

Now my idea about what type of restaurant you frequent *was*
speculation, and, without rancor, I can tell you that your choices of
restaurants cannot be faulted, because they are based on your own
criteria. You probably wouldn't feel all that comfortable in a
restaurant like ours but you might enjoy visiting it once in a while,
just like I enjoy visiting fixed menu restaurants on occasion. My
preference though is for restaurants that offer either seasonal or
even daily menus, because I like to the the chef having that measure
of control over matching the food with the seasonal conditions. I also
don't like the idea of having items that are static for a year or
years at a time, because I enjoy many things that can't be had at the
same quality year round. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some items
that are consistant (like farm -raised salmon for instance). The
onlything is, that sort of thing gets boring to me after a while and I
don't like the idea of ordering salmon in California (to use my
example) that is virtually the same the the salmon that I used to
serve at my previous restaurant. I also like the idea that more
conventional retaurants are starting to expand the variety of the
specials that they offer, to mimic the type of more seaonal main menus
that restaurants like mine offer.

And, no McDonald's cracks in this post, since you seem to take them as
me offering some sort of "fact" about your dining habits.
ScottW

wrote:

Translation: I **** George off because I can actually formulate
an argument, all he can do is impotently whine.

Now *that* made me chuckle - thanks for the grins.

It doesn't surprise me you find substance in George's prattling.
Eloquently phrased insults are enough for some people. Still others
see them for what they are - a cheap cover for an inability to
actually engage in conversation.

Have another Quarter Pounder - they're in stock.

Repeating a lie enough times and hoping it sticks, eh Dave?
It is interesting that you admit McDonalds has superior customer
service to your employer.

ScottW
George M. Middius

Default Scottie vies with duh-Mikey! Evidence everywhere!

Scottie continues to yap mindlessly.

Have another Quarter Pounder - they're in stock.

Repeating a lie enough times and hoping it sticks, eh Dave?

Apparently the entire discussion of how restaurants are run slipped
by your dim little brain completely unnoticed.

It is interesting that you admit McDonalds has superior customer
service to your employer.

Somebody else on RAO has been attributing random, unstated
"admissions" to various people. Who is it? Hmm.... It'll come to me.
I'll get back to you.

Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Scottie continues to yap mindlessly.

Have another Quarter Pounder - they're in stock.

Repeating a lie enough times and hoping it sticks, eh Dave?

Apparently the entire discussion of how restaurants are run slipped
by your dim little brain completely unnoticed.

It is interesting that you admit McDonalds has superior customer
service to your employer.

Somebody else on RAO has been attributing random, unstated
"admissions" to various people. Who is it? Hmm.... It'll come to me.
I'll get back to you.

Obviously Middius can't remember his own name!

Just a few examples of many:

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=qU...tR%404ax.c om

George Middius wrote:

" Now, by not pointing to a single claim, you admit you were lying."

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=71...vr60%404 ax.c
om&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

George Middius wrote:

"Now you blatantly admit you drool over every verbal crumb I drop on RAO,
making little marks in your daily journal to determine my batting average."

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=h8...7ecn%404 ax.c
om

George Middius wrote:

So you admit you were full of **** before, right?

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=4n...nsg7%404 ax.c
om

George Middius wrote:

"...you admit you're a mindless, drooling idiot on the same level as Booby
Wumpkins..."