Dogma4e

Default Europa - The Official Speaker of the 2004 Great White Tour

Has anyone heard from gerg since nearly burned down his buddy's house
with his faulty speakers?
Michael McKelvy

"Dogma4e" wrote in message
Has anyone heard from gerg since nearly burned down his buddy's house
with his faulty speakers?

ROTFLMAO!

Robert Morein

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Dogma4e" wrote in message
Has anyone heard from gerg since nearly burned down his buddy's house
with his faulty speakers?

ROTFLMAO!

After that little incident, he was shipped down to Guantanamo with a sack
over his head.
He's trying to convince them that the chewing gum "dampers" aren't plastic
explosive.

Lots of luck, Greg.

ScottW

"Dogma4e" wrote in message
Has anyone heard from gerg since nearly burned down his buddy's house
with his faulty speakers?

ROTFLMAO!

After that little incident, he was shipped down to Guantanamo with a sack
over his head.
He's trying to convince them that the chewing gum "dampers" aren't

plastic
explosive.

Lots of luck, Greg.

It's not like his speaker biz is keeping him to busy to post.
Same old Trots on rec.arts.movies and alt.sport...chi-whitesox
He's claiming nirvana for him would be a million dollar baseball
contract and all the groupies he can eat on the road.
I wonder if the macho sports group knows about Trots
lack of intimate encounters?

ScottW

Bruce J. Richman

"Dogma4e" wrote in message
Has anyone heard from gerg since nearly burned down his buddy's house
with his faulty speakers?

ROTFLMAO!

After that little incident, he was shipped down to Guantanamo with a sack
over his head.
He's trying to convince them that the chewing gum "dampers" aren't

plastic
explosive.

Lots of luck, Greg.

It's not like his speaker biz is keeping him to busy to post.
Same old Trots on rec.arts.movies and alt.sport...chi-whitesox
He's claiming nirvana for him would be a million dollar baseball
contract and all the groupies he can eat on the road.
I wonder if the macho sports group knows about Trots
lack of intimate encounters?

ScottW

He wants to eat groupies on the road? Hmmmmmm. Did he specify the gender?
Important to know if one wants to rule out cannibalism

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Sang Li wrote:

"Okay, so I've got this idea for what I want to do with a speaker
system, now what?"

Easier to determine what *not* to do.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Sang Li wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) wrote:

"Okay, so I've got this idea for what I want to do with a speaker
system, now what?"

Easier to determine what *not* to do.

Examples?

:-)

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

I was trying to be humurous I was thinking of Greg's last message on the
other NG which I think you posted here?
About a fire and possible problems with crossover design, stuffing in the
cabinet, etc.?

Personally, I like electrostatcis and planar magnetics, and am willing to live
with their low-end frequency extension problems which I think are over
exaggerated by their critics. Hopefully, one of these days, I'll get a REL
subwoofer. ( I like their design philosophy bdcause I used one of M & K's
first ever subwoofers that was designed to be used with a pair of Quad ESL -
57's. I owned this combination for many years and was very happy with them).
\

BTW, I see there is a pair of stacked original Quads in a Mark Levinson stand
up for sale on eBay - too bad they are in Australia . There is a fellow here
in Florida that does total rebuilds of original Quads with all new parts
including the membranes - but they are not cheap - $2500 (if you provide the
original speakers) to $ 3500 (or more for custom stands, etc.) if he does.
OTOH, given today's prices, perhaps he's justified to charge what he does. His
work has receive a lot of accolades.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

PD wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) wrote:

"Okay, so I've got this idea for what I want to do with a speaker
system, now what?"

Easier to determine what *not* to do.

Examples?

:-)

I was trying to be humurous

I know

I was thinking of Greg's last message on the
other NG which I think you posted here?

Somebody else, I believe.

About a fire and possible problems with crossover design, stuffing in the
cabinet, etc.?

Personally, I like electrostatcis and planar magnetics, and am willing to

live
with their low-end frequency extension problems which I think are over
exaggerated by their critics. Hopefully, one of these days, I'll get a REL
subwoofer. ( I like their design philosophy bdcause I used one of M &

K's
first ever subwoofers that was designed to be used with a pair of Quad ESL -
57's. I owned this combination for many years and was very happy with

them).

As I mention in another post I'm hoping to be able to try some ESL's
when I get a bit more space. Quite a few people say 57's were the
ultimate Quad speaker, even after upgrading to 63's (for practical
reasons mainly). HAve you heard them both? Which do you think *sounds*
the best?

Yes, many times. I think it's a tough call.
The midrange of properly functioning 57's is really something to behold. But,
they tend to be rather beamy, don't play very loudly compared to the ESL-63's,
and of course, can be easily arced if overdiriven.
On balance, I would probably opt for 63's, but by a small margin.

BTW, I see there is a pair of stacked original Quads in a Mark Levinson

stand
up for sale on eBay - too bad they are in Australia . There is a fellow

here
in Florida that does total rebuilds of original Quads with all new parts
including the membranes - but they are not cheap - $2500 (if you provide the
original speakers) to $ 3500 (or more for custom stands, etc.) if he does.
OTOH, given today's prices, perhaps he's justified to charge what he does.

His
work has receive a lot of accolades.

There are quite a few ESL refurbishment outfits operating throughout
Europe now.

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Bruce J. Richman