Jeff Adams

Default Paradigm Signature Series

I recently listened to the Paradigm Signature S2 and compared it to the
JMLab 906. It compared extremely favorably (IMHO of course). The JMLab
seemed to have slightly better bass extension (went a little lower), but,
with either speaker I would use a sub, so I'm not particularly worried about
that. I thought that the S2 was quite excellent in the midrange/highs,
better so than the 906. Overall, I would live happily ever after with either
speaker I'm sure.

However, I was unable to make the obvious comparison, which would have been
the S2 against the Studio 20 v3, and the S4 and Studio 40 v3. This store
didn't have the S4 or the Studio 40, and for that matter I didn't see a
Studio 20 anywhere. I don't know if this was by design or what. I was under
the impression that Paradigm was requiring dealers for the Signature line to
carry the entire line (this store had only the S2, S6, and the new sub). To
make matters worse, assuming for a moment that the S4 was just out of stock,
they told me that the Studio 40 is "special order only". What seems strange.
I have another local dealer that carries the entire Studio Ref v3 line, but
they haven't picked up the Sig line yet. For the bucks, I have to hear the
S4 vs the Studio 40 before making a choice like that.

So... has anyone heard the S2 and the Studio 20 v3 in the same room, and,
the S4 and the Studio 40 v3? I'm assuming that the Sig line is better but I
have no first hand experience and, after doing a Paradigm website search for
dealers, I probably never will (I could not find another dealer closer than
200+ miles).

Thanks for any feedback,
Jeff