oling

Default Built-in voltage converter for 6.1 receivers (US models)?

I am interested in buying a USA-model entry-level 6.1 channel home
theater receiver. I however intend to use it in Europe (220V/50Hz). My
current favorites a

ONKYO TX-SR502
Yamaha HTR-5640

Does anyone know if one of these has a built-in voltage converter (for
changing the voltage supply from 120V to 220V)?? If not, any other
suggestions?
Mark D. Zacharias

I think you'll have to buy a general export model, and not a U.S. model. Not
sure where you could get it - maybe eBay has a Euro site. There won't be any
U.S. warranty.

Mark Z.

"oling" wrote in message
om...
I am interested in buying a USA-model entry-level 6.1 channel home
theater receiver. I however intend to use it in Europe (220V/50Hz). My
current favorites a

ONKYO TX-SR502
Yamaha HTR-5640

Does anyone know if one of these has a built-in voltage converter (for
changing the voltage supply from 120V to 220V)?? If not, any other
suggestions?

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Usually european models are made only for Europe-EU never imports from
USA.Only older japanese cassete recorders and amplifiers had power supply,
selectable in 110 and 220 volt.It would be too expensive to add this feature
only for a couple of people who would like to use them in the other side of
the pond.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitriïs
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
I think you'll have to buy a general export model, and not a U.S. model.

Not
sure where you could get it - maybe eBay has a Euro site. There won't be

any
U.S. warranty.

Mark Z.

om...