Al Schapira

Default FS: Bogen-Presto Challenger CHA 75 W PA Amplifier, w/ 2 7027A's,3 5AR4's

The following tube monophonic amplifier in working condition is
offered for sale. Check or M.O. accepted.

Thanks for looking.

-Al Schapira, KC2HRH,

Public Address Amplifier, Bogen-Presto Co., Division of Siegler Corp.,
Paramus, NJ, Model CHA 75A, Challenger Series F110, 75 watt.
Black chassis with perfect white lettering, 2 of the 5 knobs are not
original, gray perforated metal enclosure with illuminated "Challenger"
logo. Approx 17" wide x 11 1/2" deep x 7" high, about 26 lbs.
Inputs and level controls for two microphones, plus phono.
WORKING condition. Some external scratches and nicks.
Extremely clean under chassis.

Rated output 75 Watts, with output taps for 4, 8, 16, 65 Ohm speakers,
and 25V, 70V lines on terminal strip, plus two 5-pin speaker sockets.
Speaker sockets are configured with an external jumper.

Tube complement (all sockets clearly labeled and contain the proper tubes):
3 5AR4 (Bogen)
2 7027A (RCA)
2 12AX7/ECC83 (Telefunken)
1 6AV6 (Bogen)
1 7247 (Bogen)

The tubes alone list for over $175.00 (AES used tube price).

Tested and working, but due to age, sold as is.
Pictures at
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/bogen/pict0002.jpg
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/bogen/pict0003.jpg
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/bogen/pict0004.jpg
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/bogen/pict0005.jpg
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/bogen/pict0007.jpg

Asking $250 plus packing/shipping (about 30 lbs) to a US address
from 07042, or pick up in Montclair, NJ.

robert casey

Bluebook value, $10

RIPOFF ALERT!

Don't buy it then.
John Bartley

OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION wrote:

Bluebook value, $10

RIPOFF ALERT!

Ya gotta luv it!!

Al posts a "for sale" ad, follows all the conventions of "netiquette",
gives a nice complete description of the unit, states the selling price,
and then some anonymous JERK posts some crap about "blue book" value.

gimme a break !!

Al, I hope you get your asking price.

cheers

--
regards from ::

John Bartley
43 Norway Spruce Street
Stittsville, Ontario
Canada, K2S1P5

( If you slow down it takes longer
- does that apply to life also?)
Peter Wieck

Or more....

As to the idiot who posted the so-called "alert", it sounds _So Much_
like DesertBob that I have to hope that it isn't. That would be too
good to be true.

Whomever, what the hell happened, no traction on your eBay teasers?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Robert Morein

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Or more....

As to the idiot who posted the so-called "alert", it sounds _So Much_
like DesertBob that I have to hope that it isn't. That would be too
good to be true.

Whomever, what the hell happened, no traction on your eBay teasers?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Peter,
I'm surprised that some people are not aware that "OFFICIAL RAM
BLUEBOOK" is one Brian L. McCarty, an American expatriate living in Cairns,
Australia, where he manages the local Baskin-Robbins ice cream franchise.

I'm in Dresher. Give me a call at (215) 646-4894, and I'll explain
further.

Also read some of
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...2005&safe=off&

OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION

2002-AVERAGE REC.AUDIO.MARKETPLACE ADS 344 (PER MONTH)
MOST SCAMMERS

2004-AVERAGE REC.AUDIO.MARKETPLACE ADS 31 (PER MONTH)
MOST LEGIT

2005-AVERAGE 3 NON-SCAM SALES PER WEEK

OFFICIAL BLUEBOOK VALUATION SUCCESSFUL IN STOPPING SCAMMERS!

Peter Wieck

OK. So this jackass is an American expat in Australia, and sells
ice-cream for a living.

Brain Freeze....

Perhaps he should get a life, and away from here. It is flatly amazing
the number of bad smells lately.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Robert Morein

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK. So this jackass is an American expat in Australia, and sells
ice-cream for a living.

Brain Freeze....

Perhaps he should get a life, and away from here. It is flatly amazing
the number of bad smells lately.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Not a chance. McCarty seems to have obsessive-compulsive disorder. Such
people seldom refer themselves for treatment, and the behavior becomes more
ingrained with time. He's been doing this for at least five years.
Originally, he used his own name. Then, as his personality disorder
progressed, he felt the need to use "sockpuppet" identities. Some of these
names have been taken from living people who were not net-aware.

And his F.A.Q. is ridiculous. There is ONE actual scammer in there, Randy
Boggess, but McCarty had nothing to do with rooting him out. Dave Palmer did
it. The rest are honest merchants, afew of whom may have high pricing or
sell items of questionable value, but none of whom have been the subject of
complaints in these forums.

Recently, he tried to "join" rec.audio.opinion, but once they found out who
the sockpuppet is, they gave him the cold shoulder.

This Brian McCarty guy is really wacko, I seldom look at what's for
sale on this newsgroup simply because I can't stand to look at this
idiot's postings. Maybe we should make a collection and get this geek
some psychiatric help! I've often wondered if he's married...

Robert Morein

wrote in message
oups.com...
This Brian McCarty guy is really wacko, I seldom look at what's for
sale on this newsgroup simply because I can't stand to look at this
idiot's postings. Maybe we should make a collection and get this geek
some psychiatric help! I've often wondered if he's married...

He is married, we believe, to an Asian.
It's sad, but we have to realize that obsessive-compulsive disorder has an
organic basis, and it simply is beyone his capacity to stop.
I used to respond to every post, but now, I only respond under certain
circumstances, such as when people are confused about who he is or why he
does it.

Brian L. McCarty is a fairly bright guy, who had an opportunity to really do
well in the first dot-com boom, but chose instead to secretly indulge his
"dark side" on the Internet.

ClownKiller

"Steven Dinius" wrote:

[...]

Your recollection is faulty; there is no comparison whatsoever between
Morein and Bwinie. That is obvious by inspection to anyone who's been
watching this ng for any length of time. McJackass decided to pick up
where Zipser left off, and his imbecilic "Son of Sam" bluebook act puts
him at the top of the a**hole class all by himself.

Peter Wieck

Skippy: He is a single measle. You are the entire plague.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Al Schapira

I have reduced the asking price to $200 and that now INCLUDES shipping
to a US address.

Thanks for looking.

-Al

Al Schapira wrote:
[...]

GreenTone007 GreenTone007 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Arkansas
Send a message via Yahoo to GreenTone007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schapira View Post

Al Schapira wrote:
[...]

Still have it? im working on one, having 2 would be awesome, im such an amp dork, thanks.