Spockie

Default speakers/amps sound fine until i turn my car's engine on

speakers/amps sound fine until i turn my car's engine on

then only the rear speakres produce sound

and i think the front speakers produce a cannoot hear sound that makes my
ears hurt, a sound tha tis below 20 db

i have one set headunit ,rca cables run on the right side of car, amp
power cable runs on the left side. the amp's ground cable has a isolated
grounding point away from any other grounding points.

the has a 15 amp fuse and so does the fuse holder near the battery

the amp is suppose to be new i bought it off ebay from an audio dealer
it came with new packages and amnuals
David Wood

speakers/amps sound fine until i turn my car's engine on

then only the rear speakres produce sound

and i think the front speakers produce a cannoot hear sound that makes my
ears hurt, a sound tha tis below 20 db

i have one set headunit ,rca cables run on the right side of car, amp
power cable runs on the left side. the amp's ground cable has a isolated
grounding point away from any other grounding points.

the has a 15 amp fuse and so does the fuse holder near the battery

the amp is suppose to be new i bought it off ebay from an audio dealer
it came with new packages and amnuals

Sounds like a ground loop to me. Try regrounding the amp on something
else, this time not isolating it from the others if you can.
Spockie

Sounds like a ground loop to me. Try regrounding the amp on something
else, this time not isolating it from the others if you can.

i grounded it on the ground that is also for my aftermarket trunk pop
but i still get the front speakers cut off

i check the power to battery cable and i changed the ends on the power
cable so it is nicer now, but that did not help

maybe i should cut my ground wire in half? or just keep finding new places
to mount the ground cable?
Aaron Russell

some cars just have bad ground lopp problems , the easiest way to eliminate
it is by having superior equipment.. quality amps, and also, quality head
unit with 4 volt pre-amp outs.. however, if that doesnt work,...try changing
ground points for yoru amp... make sure it is grounded to the same piece of
metal that yoru ehad unit is grounded too.. you can also try running liek a
12 guage wire from the case of yoru head unit, to the groudn of yoru amp..
that might eliminate the ground loop.. its trial and error..

if you email me direclty, , and giev me an exact
layout of yoru system, including type of car, type of equipment, and hwo its
all wired up, i can walk you through it

"Spockie" wrote in message
1...
speakers/amps sound fine until i turn my car's engine on

then only the rear speakres produce sound

and i think the front speakers produce a cannoot hear sound that makes my
ears hurt, a sound tha tis below 20 db

i have one set headunit ,rca cables run on the right side of car, amp
power cable runs on the left side. the amp's ground cable has a isolated
grounding point away from any other grounding points.

the has a 15 amp fuse and so does the fuse holder near the battery

the amp is suppose to be new i bought it off ebay from an audio dealer
it came with new packages and amnuals

Les

"Aaron Russell" wrote in message
om...
some cars just have bad ground lopp problems , the easiest way to

eliminate
it is by having superior equipment..

And how is this supposed to help with a ground loop? It is merely a
potential difference, high quality gear is just as susceptiple to the
problem.

quality amps, and also, quality head
unit with 4 volt pre-amp outs..

A 4 volt output won't really help with ground loops.

however, if that doesnt work,...try changing
ground points for yoru amp... make sure it is grounded to the same piece

of
metal that yoru ehad unit is grounded too..

You mean the chassis? A good chassis ground is a good way to go.

you can also try running liek a
12 guage wire from the case of yoru head unit, to the groudn of yoru amp..
that might eliminate the ground loop.. its trial and error..

Ground loops can be a mystery, that's for sure. But most of the time they
are easily solvable when you just start from one end and work your way to
the other.

BTW: Why is everyone looking for a ground to be a problem?
Mark, any ideas why that is the focus?

Les