Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Tom Sherman Tom Sherman is offline

Default Sturmey Archer, SRAM and Shimano IGH, was Come visit Andre'sUtopiaKranich

Andrew Muzi wrote:
-snip-
Patrick Turner wrote:
-snip-
Sadly, I told a shiela about 3 years that a 4 hour ride on a bicycle was
better than a 4 hour ride on her. "At least I know I'll get somewhere" I
told her. A number of men of about my age booed and hissed at me for
announcing this terrible admission during a series of cafe chess games I
also choose to waste time with on Saturday evenings. "What a rotten cad
you are!" they moaned, "How could you?". Well, very easily, and I went
on to explain how much time, energy and restaurant bills I'd invested in
trying to get a committed honest relationship off the ground which was
propelled by vibrant intimacy and some measure of desire and a high
level of communication.

-snip-.

Here is the sum of effective and acceptable conversation:

Yes, dear
You look fantastic!
Yes, dear
My that's interesting. Tell me more!
Yes, dear
I'm buying.
Yes, dear

Any variance from that script means trouble and is ineffective.
Hope that helps.

POTM!

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Cole Peter Cole is offline

Tom Sherman wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:
-snip-
Patrick Turner wrote:
[...]

The secret to a happy marriage/relationship: selection. Next question.
Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes

Peter Cole wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:
-snip-
Patrick Turner wrote:
[...]

The secret to glorious singledom and *freedom* is never give up your
independance.

This leaves plenty of room for real love, but none for slavery.

Patrick Turner.