Posted to rec.audio.car
David O. Rodriguez

Default ilo CA3000V car stero sold at Walmart

I saw an interesting looking car stereo at Walmart. It's a brand I have
never heard of: ilo. The model is the CA3000V and it is XM capable,
plays CDs, CDRs, CDRWs, and music, video and pictures off of an SD card
that you can insert in the unit. It has a "2 TFT screen. The display at
the Walmart didn't work, so.... I was wondering what it was actually
like. Anyone out ther own one? How's the sound? How's the durability?
How's the ease of use? Is it good or good for nothing? Please post.

alpine kenwood blaupunkt clarion sparkomatic jvc bose sony pyle pioneer

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I have seen that as well. I think putting an SD card on a HU is a KILLER!!
idea. I am frankly dumbfounded as to why none of the major HU manufacturers
don't offer this on at least some of their models. Perhaps someone knows
why. An CD card slot takes up virtually no space on a HU and those cards
have become incredibly ubiquitous, and quite cheap. The one I saw at
Wal-Mart was working and seemed to perform just fine. I actually considered
it while I was shopping for a HU a couple months ago, but I ended up going
with Alpine partly because of their reputation (snob factor) and
reliability.

If you already own some large volume (1-2 gig) SD cards, I think you could
do a heck of a lot worse. Also, you would have something CLEARLY ahead of
it's time and unquestionably COOL.

MOSFET
"David O. Rodriguez" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw an interesting looking car stereo at Walmart. It's a brand I have
never heard of: ilo. The model is the CA3000V and it is XM capable,
plays CDs, CDRs, CDRWs, and music, video and pictures off of an SD card
that you can insert in the unit. It has a "2 TFT screen. The display at
the Walmart didn't work, so.... I was wondering what it was actually
like. Anyone out ther own one? How's the sound? How's the durability?
How's the ease of use? Is it good or good for nothing? Please post.

alpine kenwood blaupunkt clarion sparkomatic jvc bose sony pyle pioneer

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Check it out for yourself, how you like it is the only thing that matters. As
for durability its hard to say between any brand, There is always someone
coming in here saying that they are having a problem with a sony or a pioneer
deck and others will say that these brands are the best and they never had a
problem with them. If you fear that the no name stuff will die on you, I'm
sure that it has a warranty and if it dies after that, go out and buy another.
You should be able to buy 2 or 3 of them before you get into a price range of
and Pioneer or Alpine. I bought a no name 2 way lcd car alarm for $80 with two
lcd remotes. Had it about a year now and it still works great, if it dies I'll
buy another one. The way I see it, I can replace the alarm a few time before I
get into the price range of a DEI alarm with those same options.