dbaron

Default mini ipod setup

I've got a '03 civic and I'm trying to use the empty fog light panel to make
a female connection for my RCA plugs coming out from my ipod. I'm having
trouble finding a RCA dual plug mount which I can use to make a nice neat
look. Anyone know where I can find one? I've looked everywhere but could
only find ones for PC boards.

Dmitry

Scott Gardner

dbaron wrote:

I've got a '03 civic and I'm trying to use the empty fog light panel to
make
a female connection for my RCA plugs coming out from my ipod. I'm having
trouble finding a RCA dual plug mount which I can use to make a nice neat
look. Anyone know where I can find one? I've looked everywhere but could
only find ones for PC boards.

Dmitry

Why are you using dual RCA plugs? Why not just use a 1/8" phono jack patch
cable to connect your iPod? Panel-mount 1/8" phono jacks are a lot easier
to come by, and you only have to connect one plug when you want to listen
to your iPod, rather than two RCA plugs.

If you *have* to use RCA connectors, I can't find any dual-RCA panel-mount
options, either. You should be able to mount two single RCA panel-mount
plugs neatly next to one another in adjacent holes, though. That should
still look very clean. Here's a link to some pretty gold-plated Cardas
plugs:

http://www.thecablepro.com/cableDeta...?cID=42&cgID=1

Scott Gardner

dbaron

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D883

Something like this? I guess I should be looking for a jack and not a plug.
Know where I can find some panel mounted jacks? And what about the female
RCA connectors coming from the AUX converter, how will I be able to switch
them into male connec.?

Thanks again,

Dmitry