The FAQ needs a major update

Old February 15th 04, 11:53 PM
Lee

Default The FAQ needs a major update

Mark Zarella wrote:
> *I see. Not a bad idea after all, then. Good luck!*

I was hoping you would be part of the editing team ...

So, did you receive the password for the account I created for you o
CAF
-
Le
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17647

Old February 16th 04, 12:21 AM
thelizman

Mark Zarella wrote:

> Ian needs to be contacted I think. Otherwise, we'll need to find someone
> else to host the "official" FAQ, no?

I dropped him an e-mail, but from the looks of things he's MIA. I've
already started modifying the original faq including a copyright so
certain morons who run web forums that plague this newsgroup can't
steal the FAQ and post it as their own work. All existing content
for Rev. $4.xx$ is coprighted to Ian, and all future work will be
available under the Creative Commons 1.0
Atrribution-Non-commercial-Share-Alike Copyright. I'm also working up a
script to host the FAQ and make updates / text dumps / mass mailings
easier. The original FAQ was maintained by texi, which I don't think is
even available anymore.

I figure teamROCS.com has outlasted just about every other site out
there, so naturally...and mirrors at places like audioguy.net and
geo****ties ought to safeguard the FAQ.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"
Old February 16th 04, 12:38 AM
thelizman

Lee wrote:
> thelizman wrote:
>>*The link you posted doesn't work.

> Will try again: http://tinyurl.com/3a22r

Why don't you just post the correct link.

>>*Just because you no-talent assclowns can afford to set up a
>>half-assed web site with a forum capable of spamming usenet doesn't
>>mean you're part of this community. Kindly **** off.

>>* Hmm. assclowns? Well, this assclown has been in the industry since

> 1980.

I think Eddie can beat that, but you don't see him polluting rac with a
web forum that crossposts here.

> This assclown has owned an audio retail store for the past 18
> years.

So you're selling something - 1 less reason to trust you.

> This assclown has also been part of the rec.audio.car newsgroup
> for the past 8 years,

Got you beat by about a year. I made my first drunken posting here in
1995. I've been posting under some variant of my nom de plum since April
of 1997. You, on the other hand, don't seem to exist prior to just a
little while ago.

> I'm not sure who you are, and I have no idea why you're so hostile,

Allow me to paint you a picture - I'm hostile at you for the same reason
I'm hostile towards WebTV and AOL. You have provided a medium which has
diluted the informational capacity of this newsgroup by allowing people
who normally lack the intelligence and resourcefulness to access it the
ability to thoughtlessly post messages here. Furthermore, you wantonly
facilitate the violation fundamental usenet etiquette by allowing the
WWW equivalent of the great unwashed to post messages here without
adherence to usenet protocol. Finally, you are exploiting a public
resource - neigh, two public resources (rec.audio.car and the rac FAQ)
for your own personal gain.

You are disgusting to me, which is precisely why I'm so hostile to you.

Old February 16th 04, 12:51 AM
thelizman

Mark Zarella wrote:

> You've been part of r.a.c. for 8 years but you don't know who Lizard is and
> you're not familiar with his...um...personality?

I'm calling bull****. I've looked for his posts under his name, his
website, his business name (which took me a while to dig up), and I'm
coming up bupkis.

Old February 16th 04, 12:56 AM
thelizman

Lee wrote:
> My plan is not to have the final product replete with footnotes, but to
> use this as a tool for moving the future FAQ

<snip>

Please, your plan is to exploit pre-existing public goods and resources
in order to increase the amount of content on your site, raising its
visibility to search engines and ultimately creating a new revenue
stream. Unplug the connection to usenet and end your crapflooding.

Old February 16th 04, 03:59 AM
Lee

I guess everything has the equivalent of a boil on its *** and thelizman
is obviously this medium's boil.

thelizman: so, anything that facilitates the access of the public to
this resource should be disconnected? Outlook, Google, et al should all
be disconnected because it gives people a method to post in this
newsgroup? What kind of inbred logic is that?

Can't find me? Hmm, I'm so surprised .. it has been clear for a while
that you suck at the Internet. In one search I a found post by me in
this newsgroup dated: 1996/05/11 .. I guess you'll just have to try
harder to make up for the mental shortcomings you were given.

You know, I started the process to see if we could update the FAQ back
in Sept. of 2002 .. it was morons like you that made it too much
trouble to try and help .. wait .. it probably was you.

So I and the other members of the medium that are not you, are the
scourged of the earth? Let's see here, You repost spam in the name of
helping. You have hijacked a thread entitled "The FAQ needs a major
update" and turned it into your little ****ing contest. And you've
joined another thread also not titled: "let's read crap from a moron"
and proceeded to load it with crap; you've done all of this in less
than 24 hours, and who's the scourged? It seem pretty clear you are the
disease this medium suffers. Now, please go make your own threads
entitled: "Listen to a Mad man Rant" and stop annoying others.

I never remember the rule, people with no power always try to control
that which is not theirs .. I clearly made a mistake by not following
my own advice to ignore posts from you, this is now corrected.
--
Lee
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=176471

Old February 16th 04, 06:31 AM
thelizman

Lee wrote:
> thelizman: so, anything that facilitates the access of the public to
> this resource should be disconnected? Outlook, Google, et al should all
> be disconnected because it gives people a method to post in this
> newsgroup?

Outlook does not connect to usenet. Outlook Express has a legimate
newsreader built into it. Google maintains an archive, and has a strict
Acceptable Use Policy which governs how people use it. There are a
number of services which provide access to usenet in a reasonable and
responsible manner. Your forum does not.

> You know, I started the process to see if we could update the FAQ back
> in Sept. of 2002 .. it was morons like you that made it too much
> trouble to try and help .. wait .. it probably was you.

You're full of ****. I just got an e-mail from Ian, the official
maintainer of the FAQ. If you had made any attempt to update the FAQ, it
would have been through him, and it would have resulted in a change to
the FAQ.

> I never remember the rule, people with no power always try to control
> that which is not theirs .. I clearly made a mistake by not following
> my own advice to ignore posts from you, this is now corrected.

Ironic you would say that since you've plagiarized the rec.audio.car FAQ
from mobileaudio.com for your website.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than the rec.audio.car newsgroup without the express written
permission of the author is forbidden.
Old February 16th 04, 07:29 AM
Ian

Mark Zarella wrote:

> We're seeing the same issues arise over and over again. The same group of
> questions that aren't addressed in the FAQ. Especially with the advent of
> mp3 and the evolution of ICE.
>
> So who's responsible for the damned thing?

I am responsible for maintaining the FAQ. I have been the maintaining it
since 1995. The content has always come from volunteers in the
rec.audio.car community (myself included).

Unfortunately, in the past 4 years, although I have received email from
a number of people asking about updating the FAQ, but my requests for
help with updating sections or write new sections have gone unanswered.

I would be very happy to update the document if anyone is willing to
provide material. I have already received an offer for assistance
from Andrew Krause (the lizard), and I look forward to other contributors,
so we can make the FAQ a better document.

Thanks -

Ian Bjorhovde

rec.audio.car FAQ Maintainer

Old February 16th 04, 07:30 AM
Lee

Ian,

If you are indeed going to organized a revamping of the FAQ an
reassert your presence here -- I support your efforts 100% -- I hav
attempted to contact you several times in the last few years in a
attempt to see if we could pass the touch on to someone with a littl
more available time, but as I say, if you are willing to take on th
project of vetting and readdressing the issues that are currently i
need of address, then you have my support and the support of ou
resources.

Welcome back
-

Old February 16th 04, 04:46 PM
Eddie Runner

Lee wrote:

> Well, this assclown has been in the industry since
> 1980. This assclown has owned an audio retail store for the past 18
> years. This assclown has also been part of the rec.audio.car newsgroup
> for the past 8 years,

You been on RAC for 8 years and dont know who Lizard is???
How could anyone be here for that long and not know Liz?
You must be a newbie!
have you seen?
http://www.teamrocs.com/crap/newbie.htm

> and the so called half-assed web site was the
> FIRST car audio specific forum on the internet, dating back to May of
> 1996 and has over 3000 unique visitors a day with one million posts
> available to browse online and has yet to subject its visitors to
> advertising of any kind.

Whats it called?

Lizard was one of the founders of teamROCS!
THE FIRST online car audio team!
(I am sure you have seen us in the trade magazines)

Lizard was one of the first members of the IML
(Installer Mailing List, and also featured in the trade
magazines several times over the years)
The FIRST, Pro installer only internet group.

> I'm not sure who you are,

He is the Lizman,

> and I have no idea why you're so hostile,

Its his special way to welcome YOU to RAC....
ha ha ha

> but
> it must be some kind of personality problem so I think I'll just ignore
> future non-constructive suggestions posted by you.

Sounds like you have been ignoring RAC altogether for the
last 8 or more years, if you dont know who Lizard is....
ha ha ha

Should someone who knows so little about RAC
be building the RAC FAQ.. ???????

Eddie Runner
(installer since 1974)