Kate

Default "cd error" but the changer won't eject the cd cassette....

I have a Blaupunkt cd changer in my car that can't read the cd's. I
assumed that the cassette that holds the bank of 10 cd's is in wrong
but I can't the durned thing to eject either. I've tried holding the
little metal tongue out of the way to make it eject them but it won't
be budged that way. How can I override the non-eject mechanism to get
the cd's out and see what's going on in there? It is possible that
there's dirt inside causing this problem? or a problem with the
changer itself? I've had it a few years but want to keep it with the
car until I can buy a new one- when they eventually get more fuel
efficient. :-O

=====
Kate, http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/a...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (9!), Sage (6.5), Benno (3!!) Power is so
characteristically calm, that calmness in itself has the aspect of
power. ~Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

JP

I have an old pioneer changer and sometimes it does that. What I do is
unplug the whole thing, two wires on the back, and then wait for about a
minute or two and they it'll reset and try again, also try changing the
sourse on your radio to tunner, cd and sometimes that'll help. Im not too
sure why it does that, but it'll only do it like once a month or so. Hope
this helps.

om...