MzChar

Default Question about playing MIDI Files

Hello Everyone,

I have a reletively old SoundBlaster 16 PCI card in my computer and
I'd like to be able to hear actual instruments when I play MIDI files.
I've gone to the Creative website and looked for a driver update that
would allow this but can't find one. Can the SB16 just not play actual
instrument voices instead of the silly sounding wave sounds? Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Charlene