DIYer

Default Opinions Needed on New DIY Radio Site

I need opinions on my new DIY radio station. It's built for people
that record themselves.

I need opinions and also people to upload their ORIGINAL music. you
gots to be a member to upload and rate but alas, it is free to you who
is not too cool to be the fool. Do you spend hours in the closet with
a microphone and a can of beer?

username alpha
p/w t3st3r

I will close off the system for more members once I get about 6 hrs of
music

To register click "login", then "register"
Go to your email and confirm your account.
Then update your profile w/ a high school pic and nerdy bio then
upload away - hey, make sure it's all your own creative stuff and
nobody else's (if you're in a band that is cool so long as they're
cool with that, yo) upload as much as you want - no sellout crap
allowed!

we'll start broadcasting once we get lots and lots and lots of
never-before-heard dirty gritty brilliant edgy uploaded ORIGINAL SONGS
so you can actually listen to the radio station commercial-free with
very few repeats (right now we have NO MUSIC!), see your song ratings
and rankings by other totally shy hipsta wannabes and let us know what
you love and hate about the site- a feedback form is on everypage.

What It Is
-----------------
Instatone is our commercial-free membership-driven DIY Internet radio
built by musicians for musicians. We strive to introduce the cool
kids on the block to great new original better bands while building
out a much higher quality music community and radio station in the
process. We've created a 100% democratic way to generate a song's
rotation in the radio's mix. In the land of Instatone, all Instatone
members are the DJ-Collective.

How it Works
-------------------
Think of Instatone as the world's greatest online talent show. The
system is all real-time, meaning unlike other radio stations you will
never know what gets played next; that's because Instatone is based on
a realtime "rate-and-rank" system fully utilizing the power of the
Internet and the latest "database technologies."

You will be given an unlimited amount of original song uploads (MP3s)
for free. These songs will be hosted on our radio streaming server.
Unlike all other internet radio stations we have seen, ALL SONGS must
be your own. And unlike other 'unsigned bands'type radio stations,
all you have to do is upload and your song is guaranteed to play on
our radio. You don't have to mail it in. That removes any bias,
except a collective bias, out of the music choosing process. If your
song is on a c.d. and you have no idea how to turn it into MP3s, get a
friend to help you or email me. But I recommend downloading ITUNES
onto your computer right now, since when the radio is up you will want
to tune in.

At that point (once we have music) you can start rating the music on
Instatone and "instantaneously" influence the destiny of the playlist.
Just click on the stars to rate. Since it will be a small group of
you with the guts to play with this insane system most of the music
playing will be your own (and no, you can't rate yourself) and a
handful of others indie daredevils. As the site grows and evolves
only your most popular songs will be played with any amount of
noticeable frequency, and sorry, your least popular songs (not
necessarily your personal favorites) will have a much less likelihood
of being played until they fall off the instatone charts altogether.

That's it!

REPORT ALL BUGS!!
-----------------------------
Kindly use the feedback form on the right side of every screen to
report bugs and send messages to the developer company. Do not send
comments
or suggestions to my personal email address as it will NOT be logged
into our system. We will review all correctly submitted feedback and
will fix the bug / consider your suggestion.

_+880_____________________________
_++88_____________________________
_++88_____________________________
__+880_instatone is way too cool dude++_
__+888________________________+88_
__++880______________________+88__
__++888_____+++88__________+++8__
__++8888__+++8880++88____+++88___
__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888____
___++888++8888+++888888++888_____
___++88++8888++8888888++888______
___++++++888888888888888888______
____++++++88888888888888888______
____++++++++000888888888888______
_____+++++++000088888888888______
______+++++++00088888888888______
_______+++++++088888888888_______
_______+++++++088888888888_______
________+++++++8888888888________

DIYer

Hey there - it's now up and broadcasting #1 song is definitely an
unsigned band called Broadcast...

http://www.instatone.com