Ken Drescher

Default KLH Model 20 FM Receiver/Phono Combination

KLH Model 20 FM receiver/turntable combination, $99.

Image: http://members.aol.com/KDresch/klh-20tt.html

15 watt/channel. Receiver/turntable in very good condition. Base is real walnut
veneer. Turntable works fine and is made by Garrard for KLH. The working
cartridge is a Pickering V-15H/AT model. This unit has two additional inputs:
tape and aux (CD!) The tuning dial on this piece is similar to the one on the
famous Adevent 300. Includes a FM tuning indicator. Back in the early 70's this
was just about the best sounding phono component system you could buy! One
listen and you will know why. Henry Kloss worked his magic once again.

This piece was used with the matching Model 20 KLH speakers (sold separately).
The total set up will amaze you with its sound quality. Model 20 speakers are a
4 ohm version of the famous Model 17's. The 20's also have an RCA jack input.

This unit originally sold for $400 during 1968-1972 Only $99 plus shipping for
the phono, FM receiver part (gross 28lbs)

Pa href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.htmlaudio.net/a, Used
Audio ShopPNow entering our 9th year of operation.P100% Customer
Satisfaction Guaranteed since 1995.

William Sommerwerck

Back in the early 70's this was just about the best-sounding
phono component system you could buy!

The Model 20 was NOT a component system -- it was a compact system. You took it
out of the box, connected the speakers to the main unit and plugged it in.
Unlike a component system, no selection or setup was required. That's why it was
popular.

As for sound quality, it the Model 20 was decent, but far from the best-sounding
system of its day. A pair of KLH Nines and the electronics to drive them would
have set you back $2500 to $3000 (a princely sum in that era), but the sound was
vastly superior -- and still creditable by today's standards.

The Model 20 is certainly a classic product -- I own several -- and great fun to
play old LPs on -- but it is hardly an instrument for serious or critical
listening.

John Richards

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
[...]

I think Ken just takes a few liberties with his descriptions under the guise
(hope that's the right word) of "honest marketing" (is that an oxymoron?).
Give him a break, he's just a small business man trying to make a buck on
usenet.

P.S. Please excuse any errors in grammer, English was never one of my
strengths.

Regards
John

William Sommerwerck

I think Ken just takes a few liberties with his descriptions
under the guise (hope that's the right word) of "honest
marketing" (is that an oxymoron?).

Opinion is one thing; fact is another. If one is believes in honest marketing,
one does not take liberties.

Ken Drescher

Correction, I should have said "compact" system. For some reason, I couldn't
think of what it was called. I stand by the KLH System 20 and 25 was about the
best compact phono system you could buy at the time..

On look on groups.google will show William Sommerwerck is just doing what he
always does on this and many other newsgroups. His commentary helps us all
advance knowledge but probably gets quite a few people agitated!

Thanks William for the clarification! I'll be editing my description.
Compact, compact, got it.

Ken

[...]

Ken Drescher

Not quite Brian. These are all LIES from your psychotic mind. Get mental help
soon.

Ken

The facts are thus:

This isn't a "business", it's a guy selling junk from his garage. No
business license. No directory listing. And a stolen internet identity!

On 23/2/04 12:28, " wrote:

This man is dishonestly representing himself. We are the legal registered
owners of the website "audio.net", and we have received several complaints
about Mr. Drescher illegally trying to appropriate our name. He has been
advised of his illegal activity on several occasions.

We have lodged a legal complaint with AOL (who would purchase anything from

"company" with an AOL Addreess)??

-------------------------------------
ELECTRONIC INFORMATION SERVICES, INC.
AUDIO.NET
-------------------------------------

Pa href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.htmlaudio.net/a, Used
Audio ShopPNow entering our 9th year of operation.P100% Customer
Satisfaction Guaranteed since 1995.

Paul

Hello William:

I had KLH 6's and a HH Scott tube integrated amp and Rotel tuner back
when.

The KLH 6 was a well-regarded piece in it's day, however I still
remember the ear fatigue from that tweeter after several hours
listening.

Best,

Paul :-)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:49:43 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Back in the early 70's this was just about the best-sounding
phono component system you could buy!

The Model 20 was NOT a component system -- it was a compact system. You took it
out of the box, connected the speakers to the main unit and plugged it in.
Unlike a component system, no selection or setup was required. That's why it was
popular.

As for sound quality, it the Model 20 was decent, but far from the best-sounding
system of its day. A pair of KLH Nines and the electronics to drive them would
have set you back $2500 to $3000 (a princely sum in that era), but the sound was
vastly superior -- and still creditable by today's standards.

The Model 20 is certainly a classic product -- I own several -- and great fun to
play old LPs on -- but it is hardly an instrument for serious or critical
listening.

Robert Morein

"OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION" wrote in
message m...
On 26/2/04 4:49, in article , "William
Sommerwerck" wrote:

Opinion is one thing; fact is another. If one is believes in honest

marketing,
one does not take liberties.

The facts are thus:

This isn't a "business", it's a guy selling junk from his garage.

The ***FACTS*** are THIS:
Ken has a terrific reputation. There has never been a customer complaint on
this forum, except for faked ones from your sockpuppets, Brian. And you'd be
lucky to have a garage. All you have is a worm-eaten substandard condo I
could fit into a corner of my backyard.

No business license. No directory listing. And a stolen internet

identity!
He doesnt't need any of those, Brian. His identity, audio.net, is completely
legitimate, because a web registration does not constitute a trademark.
The local police know all about you -- you're a laffer.

But YOU, BRIAN L. MCCARTY, are a SWINDLER.
You never filed a single document with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission -- their librarian confirmed this
Your "enterprise",
http://www.worldjazz.com, is a SCAM, a FRAUD, a SWINDLE.

WorldJAZZ IPO OFFICIALLY FORBIDDEN, NULL AND VOID.

Best regards,
Bob Morein
Chairman, WorldJAZZ Television.
Visit http://www.worldjazz.tv today!

The death of WorldJAZZ.com...

The latest news is for the umteenth time, Brian L. McCarty has changed the
details of his TOTALLY FALSE web registration. He has (temporarily) put his
faithful sockpuppet "David Ellison" into storage, and replaced it with
"Huang, Ying Hong"

Registrant:
NetSol Private Registration (WORLDJAZZ-DOM)
35/F Lee Gardens
33 Hysan Avenue
Causeway Bay, HK 4103
HK

Domain Name: WORLDJAZZ.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Huang, Ying Hong (37361476P)
Sunny Web Services H.K. Ltd.
Black Tauna
11/F Block 5 China HK City
Tsimshatsui, Kowloon
HK
+852 28886123

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission have informed me that no
documents have ever been filed for WorldJAZZ.

With his WorldJAZZ scam in the spotlight, Brian L. McCarty is attempting to
avoid public embarassment by bringing it to a close as quickly as possible.

In recent days, he's been racheting up the subscription numbers;
"54% SUBSCRIBED AS OF FEBRUARY 13, 2004"
This, of course, is a complete lie.

McCarty is running a big risk here.
If he allows the scam to go on too long, the regulatory authorities might
catch him.
If he folds tomorrow, he'll know (as if we don't) that he's nothing more
than a bad joke. But he can't allow his detractors to turn him into Jay Leno
material, so he will quickly finish the "subscription".

In recent days, McCarty has added two fictitious people to his website:
1. " Ron Groove Davis", who McCarty originally created as "Wes Groove Davis"
2. "Alexei Afonin" (notelephonin) ?
These are added to "Krishna Mahbren", who was created from a living person,
Krishna Mahadoo.

In the meantime, it has been verified that McCarty has an extremely bad
reputation in Cairns, where local businessmen regard him with suspicion.
Communication continues on this subject.

Brian L. McCarty is currently attempting investment fraud. McCarty is an
American citizen, living as an expatriate in Australia. Please read below
for the
details.

The website is remarkable in that it does not contain a single truthful
statement. It changes constantly. Always prominent are nonexistent people
as frontmen, and affiliation with nonexistent events. Previous versions have
also featured fictional alliances with large companies, and with nonexistent
companies. From time to time, McCarty also steals the names of actual people
to decorate his websites. For example, in the case of
http://www.coralseastudios.com , my name, Robert Morein, was once featured
as
an "endorsement."

From the current version of the website:

IPO ALLOCATIONS NOW UNDERWAY
U.S. BASED BROKERS:
SEC FORM 6 - FAX TO: (270) 812-2208
(phone # to small town in Kentucky has no geographic local in U.S.)
INTERNATIONAL BROKER/DEALERS:
SEC FORM 6 (or equivalent) FAX TO: +852 3015-2696
(PLEASE DON'T FORGET INT'L SEC APPROVAL NUMBER!!)
SIGNED AND FAXED FORM 6'S MUST BE RECEIVED IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE ALLOCATION.
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY!
54% SUBSCRIBED AS OF FEBRUARY 13, 2004
(not true)
WORLDJAZZ ADDS STAFF!
JAZZ-SAVVY EXECS CONTINUE TO
OFFER THEIR SKILLS TO WORLDJAZZ!
DR. KRISHNA MAHBREN Named as CEO of WorldJAZZ
(nonexistent person)
RON "GROOVE" DAVIS (EX-BET/JAZZ) OPERATIONS MANAGER
(nonexistent person)
MOSCOW CENTRAL TV: Jazz programming to be supplied by WorldJAZZ to Moscow
Central Television beginning 2004 WorldJAZZ /Moscow representative Alexei
Afonin.
(nonexistent association)
TOP FOUR U.S. CABLE TV COMPANIES: Negotiations for carriage rights
currently underway with channel allocations TBA.
(bull****)
SATELLITE PANAMSAT transponder space to be confirmed shortly
(not true)
EVENT SPONSORSHIP: WorldJAZZ has been named OFFICIAL CO-SPONSOR of the 2004
Jersey Jazz Bass Festival (second year running!)
(nonexistent event)
Live broadcast planned September 22-25, 2004.

Brian L. McCarty lives at 65 Vasey Esplanade, Trinity Beach, Cairns,
Queensland, Australia.
His current website, http://www.worldjazz.com, is a farrago of lies,
fictitious
front people, and nonexistent associations. Speculation as to why McCarty
viciously attacks individuals who at the worst, might have slight
irregularities in business registrations, revolves around his suddenly
leaving the United States in the late 1990's. One rumor has it that McCarty
was about to be charged with a sex crime, and that he avoided prosecution by
leaving. It is possible McCarty paid off the victim's family.

Once in Australia, McCarty founded Coral Seas Studios, which quickly became
financially insolvent. Perhaps the major backer, ABN Amro, already detected
anomalies in McCarty's personality. Following that business failure, which
became a minor issue in the reelection of P.M. John Howard, McCarty
concentrated on funding a second initiative, "WorldJAZZ", a scheme for
Internet broadcasting. But with his reputation damaged and cut off from
legitmate business activity, McCarty's predatory tendency came more to the
fore. His website became ever more devious in an attempt to lure investors.

In 2003, notices appeared in several online publications that McCarty was
producing jazz broadcast material for Gene Parrish
(http://www.worldwidejazz.com ) Notices appeared in a publication of the
Embassy of France, and in one other publication. Mr. Parrish is a noted NPR
jazz broadcast host. When contacted, it was apparent that Parrish had never
heard of McCarty. While I cannot prove that McCarty posted these bogus
notices, he certainly had the motive to do so.

Following the exposure of the false producing notices, McCarty's name
completely vanished from the Internet. He resorted entirely to false
identities to create business partners who do not exist. As of 1/14/03, a
quick glance at http://www.worldjazz.com, discloses the following:

(Note: the following actually applies to the version of the website prior to
1/20/04, but it is relevant nevertheless:

1. Clicking on the banner "WorldJAZZ" produces an unresolved link to K1
Ventures, the largest venture capital company in Singapore. In discussion
with that company's secretary, she disavowed any connection between them and
McCarty, and was shocked at his implication that they were involved.

2. "Dr. Krishna Mahbren" is derived from a real person, Krishna Mahadoo,
V.P. of Beverly Hills Film Studios, a pink-sheet stock. McCarty cruises the
Internet for companies that don't answer the phone. McCarty made Mahadoo an
employee of that company's stock transfer agent, First American Stock
Transfer of Phoenix. When I pointed this out in a usenet post and notified
Mr. Mahdoo by mail, McCarty changed the company to "First American Stock of
Denver." Then he changed Mahadoo to Mahbren, and tacked on a "Dr." to the
phony name.

3. The claim that Moscow Central TV is to use material supplied by WorldJAZZ
is doubtful, as they were notified by mail. This claim has been made for the
better part of a year. When the date expires, McCarty simply creates a new
one.

4. "Event Sponsorship 2nd Year Running". This event does not exist. There is
no "Jersey Jazz Bass Festival." Previously, the website has exhibited a link

to the Island of Jersey in the English Channel. This locale has a surf
fishing festival, the Jersey Bass festival. There is no music festival. In
the past, association was advertised with "jazz musician" Peter Thliveros,
who is, in fact, a professional bass fisherman, not a musician.

5. The website is registered to "David Ellison", a fictitious person. In
the past, many different fictitious persons have been used, in conjunction
with yahoo mailboxes. Among McCarty's aliases, we have: Krishna Mahadoo,
Anthony Ramallo, David Ellison, David C.L. Feng, Ying Hong Huang, Lee
Hodges, Melinda Hsu, Melinda Shu, Robert Morein, Robert X Morein, Sylvan
Morein, Sylvan X Morein, et al.

6. The website morphs constantly. McCarty combs the Internet for identities
to steal. He chooses victims who do not represent themselves on the Web, and
are not easily reached by phone.

7. McCarty's other website, http://www.coralseastudios.com, has a similar
history. In the past, McCarty has actually used MY name as an endorsement,
apparently as a taunt, even though it makes extremely bad business sense.
Fortunately, Coral Seas went belly up, although the website lives on as a
zombie.

The obvious question is, if McCarty is so anxious to scam, why does he make
a constant racket under easily detectable fictitious names? It appears that
part of McCarty's mental illness is a distortion of reality. McCarty has an
obsession with the formal aspects of registering a business. To him, the "in
print" appearance is all that counts. It doesn't occur that people can
detect the reality that lies beyond. To McCarty fictitious names and posting
aliases are a real shield, just like a cat will crawl into a shopping bag to
hide.

McCarty had an early scheme for Internet radio. He claims to have sold
musical performance properties and/or a business plan to Black Entertainment
Television for $9.2M. Subsequently, he left Los Angeles. One unsubstantiated
rumor is that he left to avoid prosecution for a sex crime, presumably by
paying off the victim or family. Once in Australia, he made the acquaintance
of the brother of P.M. John Howard, who introduced him to contacts at ABN
Amro, an investment banking firm. They created a business plan for some kind
of a sound studio, still represented by the website
http://www.coralseastudios.com. After approximately a year, ABN withdrew
from partnership, but left the studio project still solvent. Some time
later, it went bankrupt or nearly so, owing $270,000 to it's employees. At
this point, Australia's entitlement law kicked in, paying the employees
monies owed them, with the exception of codirectors McCarty and Jeff Wexler.

It would appear that McCarty's enterprises failed because he has some kind
of mental imbalance, which exhibits signs of both schizophrenia and
obsessive-compulsive disorder. The impersonations which he makes of me are
a fraction of the numerous identities which he has used in the past, and
continues to use, on occasion, in the present. McCarty may actually believe
he is the person who he impersonates. Many of the identities are of
elaborate construction, taking some six months or more to take shape.
McCarty seems to have a magical belief that use of false identities provides
a shield.

But why would McCarty want to escape his own identity so badly? Speculation
centers around the possibility that he did something not socially acceptable
in Los Angeles.

William Sommerwerck

Correction, I should have said "compact" system. For
some reason, I couldn't think of what it was called.
I stand by the KLH System 20 and 25 was about the
best compact phono system you could buy at the time.

Thanks for clarifying that. (I occasionally "go blank," too.) The KLH Model 20
_was_ generally considered the best compact system.

By the way, the power rating is closer to 25W/channel, rather than the 15W you
stated. 15W would be on the low side for a system that's supposed to be able to
play loudly in the average living room.

One look on groups.google will show William Sommerwerck
is just doing what he always does on this and many other
newsgroups. His commentary helps us all advance knowledge
but probably gets quite a few people agitated!

In other words, I'm an unredeemed SOB. No argument.

William Sommerwerck

The KLH 6 was a well-regarded piece in its day, however I still
remember the ear fatigue from that tweeter after several hours
listening.

Henry Kloss wouldn't like you saying that! Most KLH systems were "voiced" to
"sound good" on less-than-perfect program material.

Robert Morein

[...]

No, you're critical but fair.

William Sommerwerck

In other words, I'm an unredeemed SOB. No argument.

No, you're critical but fair.

That's not what most people think.
Robert Morein

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
In other words, I'm an unredeemed SOB. No argument.

No, you're critical but fair.

That's not what most people think.

At least you have the self perception of a sane man .

William Sommerwerck

In other words, I'm an unredeemed SOB. No argument.

No, you're critical but fair.

That's not what most people think.

At least you have the self perception of a sane man .

One can be self-aware without being sane.

Robert Morein

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
In other words, I'm an unredeemed SOB. No argument.

No, you're critical but fair.

That's not what most people think.

At least you have the self perception of a sane man .

One can be self-aware without being sane.

Alright, you've convinced me.
I'm sending out the van right now.

William Sommerwerck

In other words, I'm an unredeemed SOB. No argument.

No, you're critical but fair.

That's not what most people think.

At least you have the self perception of a sane man .

One can be self-aware without being sane.

Alright, you've convinced me.
I'm sending out the van right now.

Thank you, thank you.

I'll be wearing my custom straitjacket (but one of the attendants will have to
tie it up).

The Art of Bose Bashing and Amar's Supposed Descent into Mediocrity Wylie Williams General 3 September 27th 04 03:16 AM
Marantz Model One Preamps, Model Six Stereo Adapter on ebay hifi Marketplace 0 January 31st 04 01:36 PM
HDCD Model Two Chris Seifert Pro Audio 1 November 14th 03 03:51 PM
Brax 2003 Model Clearance Sale! Peter Lufrano Car Audio 7 October 2nd 03 11:59 PM
FS: Acoustat Model Ones (Plus Parts) Ed Houston Marketplace 0 August 23rd 03 10:42 PM