Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default AR-LST vs. Allison Model One vs. AR-3a

Hello!
I'm at my mid 20s', so speaker designer like Ed Villchur, Henry Kloss
and Roy Allison are kind of strange to me. The well-known speaker
designers in my generation are Arnie Nudell, Carl Marchisotto and Dave
Wilson.
I've read tremendous amount of comments through various audio
discussion forum regard these 3 legendary loudspeakers. However,
doesn't see anyone has do a comparison of these 3 loudspeakers.

I came across a pair of AR-3a lately, and I find it sounds wonderful
driven by a tube amplifier in an audio community gathering. I've
listened to the Allison Model One 7 years ago with CJ components, it
sounds quite nice. But I never listened to the AR-LST in my life. I
heard lots of people comments about Allison Acoustics Model One
performs and sounds better than AR-LST; and the AR-3a sounds quite
different comparing to the other 2. Some said that AR-LST is better
than AR-3a. Someone even said that the AR-9 is an improvement over the
LST. I'm confuse.

Based on what I read, Henry Kloss designs the AR-3 and refined by Roy
Allison afterwards so-called AR-3a. And both AR-LST and Allison Model
One are completely designed by Roy Allison. Anyone can analyze these 3
loudspeakers technically and sonically, and compare one to the other.

So which loudspeakers consider being the best from AR? AR-LST, AR-3a or
AR-9? How are these AR speakers up against the Allison Model One? I
really interest to learn something about these classics.

Thanks!