Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Pure Vinyl Bookmarks

I'm trying to move a music database from one hd, where I had my photographs
[Pictures], to another devoted just to music [Music]. All has gone well
except for my Pure Vinyl/Pure Music digital LP transfers.

As a temporary measure I changed the name of the Pictures drive to Photos and
created a symbolic link in /Volumes on my Mac Mini from Music to Pictures.
This enables Pure Music to find the tracks and it works fine.

Pure Vinyl uses iTunes as a music server and it was easy to use an Applescript
to change the file paths for the affected LPs. This also works fine.

Pure Vinyl writes LPs to caf files and creates small bookmarks with the .m4a
extension to load into iTunes and to point to the correct location in the caf
file for each track. When I opened an m4a file in kid3 I could see a path to
the old location [/Volumes/Pictures]. I changed that to the new
[/Volumes/Music] and it worked fine. However, when I removed the symlink the
track wouldn't play. Apparently there are multiple path locations in the
bookmark. Does anybody know how to find them?

voice recording with bookmarks pavel Tech 3 May 16th 06 10:30 PM
Audiophile Bookmarks Ron Tech 0 April 20th 06 07:22 PM
Audiophile Bookmarks Ron Audio Opinions 4 April 16th 06 08:47 PM
Audiophile Bookmarks Ron Vacuum Tubes 0 April 15th 06 05:58 PM
Audiophile Bookmarks Ron Marketplace 0 April 15th 06 05:56 PM