Posted to rec.audio.car
MFI

Default Nissan cd car stareo

Hi all,

Last month I bought Nissan Pathfinder and get Nissan CD stereo (made
by Clarion, 28185-EB320, PN-2650N, part #: 286-6514-51) and this week
I replace it with Clarion DXZ868RMP.

After switch I took car stereo from Nissan and want to put it inside
my wife's car. Seat has ISO connectors and everything should work
great, but when I turn it ON I get this message: WAIT and after few
minuters display reads SECURITY.

Along with ISO connectors, on Nissan car stereo, there is also one
connector for which I don't have anything to plug into it.

Does anybody knows if it's possible to fit Nissan car stereo into car
from different manufacturer. Do I have to go to Nissan service
provider? Company that replaced car stereo told me that this one is
ordinary and that I can do it myself.

Please, need help.

Regards,

Tomislav aka MFI
ac0j ac0j is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nebraska

go to you pathfinders owners manual and look up the radio security info. You may have to enter a code into the radio to unlock it. other wise it may only work in your pathfinder.
Posted to rec.audio.car

Like the guy above said you need to find the 4 digit code
Enter that (this is done by eg. say the code is 1563 then you press the
'1' radio station button on the radio once, press on the '2' radio
station button five times as so on. You can get this from your local
nissan dealer. You will need to get connect the iso in some way eg go
to a scrap yard and get a matching iso or use spade connector or
somethin.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MFI

On Fri, 12 May 2006, ac0j wrote:

go to you pathfinders owners manual and look up the radio security info.
You may have to enter a code into the radio to unlock it. other wise
it may only work in your pathfinder.

Thanks, I didn't know it was that simple. I have found the code but I
can't figuire it out hot to enter it. In owner manual on last page is
sticker with car stereo serial number, securiti code and some other
numbers but there is no info how to enter it.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

Four digit code say 1325 is entered using 6 station keys as
Press 1 once
Press 2 thrice
Press 3 twice
Press 4 five times

I don't have that stereo but this is the way on most gear.