Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Replacing Pioneer car stereo - Please help

I'm about to upgrade a Pioneer system from the old DEH-245 to a
(relatively) newer DEH-2100 that I have from another vehicle. These
two models seem to be very similar in features. Are they the same in
construction? Will I need any special hookups to make the change? Or
will it be as simple as disconnecting the old and reconnecting the new?
Will there be any gaps or tight squeezes to consider in switching from
one system to the other? I have replaced in-dash players before, but
I'm far from an expert. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
on this. Thank you.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm about to upgrade a Pioneer system from the old DEH-245 to a
(relatively) newer DEH-2100 that I have from another vehicle. These
two models seem to be very similar in features. Are they the same in
construction? Will I need any special hookups to make the change? Or
will it be as simple as disconnecting the old and reconnecting the new?
Will there be any gaps or tight squeezes to consider in switching from
one system to the other? I have replaced in-dash players before, but
I'm far from an expert. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
on this. Thank you.

Both units are the same size and will mount the same way.
The harnesses are different in the back of each unit.
The deh-2100 is a 16 pin and the deh-245 is a 12 pin.

Posted to rec.audio.car

Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to hear both units at
once. Is the 2100 clearly superior to the 245 enough so to replace the
unit? Also, will I need to buy a whole new harness for the 2100 if I
replace or is an adaptor/converter available? Thanks again!