Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
Doc

Default Home Studio 2 imported audio sounds terrible

I'm trying out HS2 and find when I import a .wav file made elsewhere, it
sounds terrible. In this case it's 48khz, stereo, 16 bit. If I create a
..wav file within Cakewalk and export it, it sounds fine in Soundforge, but
not in reverse. Sounds sort of like it's been seriously downsampled or the
like. Very harsh, scratchy. Maybe something I have set wrong?

I appreciate all shared wisdom.

Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
Gerry

Sounds like there is something serously wrong with the dithering. That is
the compensating that occurs when changing the sample rate.

Try matching the sample rate or resampling the import in a good dithering
programme like Adobe Audition before putting it into HS.

G.

Posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Gerry wrote:
Sounds like there is something serously wrong with the dithering. That is
the compensating that occurs when changing the sample rate.

No. Dithering has nothing to do with sample rate conversion, only with
word length conversion.

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
OT Political Blind Joni Pro Audio 337 September 25th 04 03:34 AM