Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Suggestions for 5 1/4 components up front?

Hey guys,

I'm updating my factory stereo. I'm getting a Panasonic MXE CQ-C1401U
head unit. I've gotten a kenwood and JL Audio 12" sub for the back. I
think the amp puts out about 150 x 1 RMS. That matches the sub fairly
well, if im not mistaken. Or, well enough, I should say.

I want to some components for the 5 1/4 front speakers. A friend has
given me a gtq400 amp. I know it's old, but should do the trick.

Can anyone recommend a good component system for the front, under $150
or 200?

Also, it's okay to power them with the JBL gtq400, right? Since that
amp is rated at 75x4 RMS, i was thinking of powering front and rear
6x9's right that. Or, should I do 200x2 and just power the front
speakers?

I don't need competition-grade sounding ****, just something really
solid and full sounding.

Thanks for any advice.