Posted to rec.audio.car
bobb

Default Seen a SLICK power Y splitter / adapter?

Looking for a simple Y 12v splitter.

BUT it HAS to be super-low profile. I hate those huge big thing they
sell at the auto stores. I guess I am looking somthing that can bent
90 degree or s'thing, so it won't stick out so much.

Where?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

By saying 12v, I'm assuming you're looking for some sort of power
distribution block, but one that looks pretty, correct?

If so, which size wiring were you needing (they usually go from 1 larger
to 2 or more smaller gauges) and in what direction? you mention
90-degree, which is usually more of a typical distro block, than the
sleeker styling. Check out Stinger Electronics, Phoenix Gold, Monster
Cable, Streetwires, and some others. There's tons out there and all
kinds of styles to choose from.

Brandonb

bobb wrote:
Looking for a simple Y 12v splitter.

BUT it HAS to be super-low profile. I hate those huge big thing they
sell at the auto stores. I guess I am looking somthing that can bent
90 degree or s'thing, so it won't stick out so much.

Where?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Thoraudio

what gauge wire?

--
Thoraudio
Posted to rec.audio.car
Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
bobb wrote:

Looking for a simple Y 12v splitter.

BUT it HAS to be super-low profile. I hate those huge big thing they
sell at the auto stores. I guess I am looking somthing that can bent
90 degree or s'thing, so it won't stick out so much.

Where?

If the gauge isn't too crazy, solder it and put a couple layers of heat
shrink tubing over it. Medium sized butane soldering irons can do 8
gauge and a standard blowtorch can do just about any size.

If you don't mind risking your finger tips, separate the strands, weave
them together, and wrap a long string tightly around the junction to
pack it down. You'll get a very compact solder junction that performs
better than any clamp. Forget about ever taking it apart, though.