Posted to rec.audio.car

Default 95 Civic: Hiding wires (sub install)

I have a 95 civic (4 door sedan) and have already installed 4 new
speakers. However, my buddy and I hit a roadblock when installing a
Kenwood KSC-WD250 powered sub.

Installing the wires is no problem. The question is...how the heck do
you hide the wires? We are having a heck of a time figuring out how to
get the molding up around the edge of the car interior to run the
wiring through.

We're not certain if it snaps off or what and are worried we might
destory the molding if we aren't careful. Is there any trick to doing
this? Do you have any tips?

We will be trying again later today (saturday) around 5pm so if you are
able to respond beforehand I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a ton,
Mark

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

In almost every car I have ever worked on I am able to hide the wiring under
the plastic strip that sits on the floor where the doors meet the carpeting
(it's a little hard to describe, I'm sure there's a name for it). It's that
molding that's like a wide piece of weather stripping when you open your
doors. It comes off really easy (usually just four screws) and is a GREAT
place to hide your wires. I run my power wires down one side of the car and
RCA's and speaker wires down the other side other car. Hope this helps.

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 95 civic (4 door sedan) and have already installed 4 new
speakers. However, my buddy and I hit a roadblock when installing a
Kenwood KSC-WD250 powered sub.

Installing the wires is no problem. The question is...how the heck do
you hide the wires? We are having a heck of a time figuring out how to
get the molding up around the edge of the car interior to run the
wiring through.

We're not certain if it snaps off or what and are worried we might
destory the molding if we aren't careful. Is there any trick to doing
this? Do you have any tips?

We will be trying again later today (saturday) around 5pm so if you are
able to respond beforehand I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a ton,
Mark

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Door "Sill" covers/plates? :-)

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
In almost every car I have ever worked on I am able to hide the wiring under
the plastic strip that sits on the floor where the doors meet the carpeting
(it's a little hard to describe, I'm sure there's a name for it). It's that
molding that's like a wide piece of weather stripping when you open your
doors. It comes off really easy (usually just four screws) and is a GREAT
place to hide your wires. I run my power wires down one side of the car and
RCA's and speaker wires down the other side other car. Hope this helps.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Yeh, that's it. Thanks Howdy.