Les Smith

Default Help: Sony 7900R head unit

I recently bought a 7900R head unit - and happy with it. However, I
cannot see how to connect up the switched illumination line.

The unit has an AutoDim setting which is enabled. The Operating Guide
confirms this setting. The Installation Guide shows the switched
illumination line (orange/white on pin 6) - BUT it then shows only 4
wires going back to the head unit connector block (12v, switched 12v,
Earth and Aerial power) !!!

I checked the conection block - only 4 terminations...What is the way
to connect the swithed illumination line to the unit? I see that the
switched 12v wire (yellow) has a dual bullet socket on it... but I'm
not happy to connect this to anything else.

Advice please

Thanks in advance.
Paul Vina

Default Sony 7900R head unit

Most Sony units do not have a dimmer lead to connect to. Maybe your manual
is good for units in another country or different models. If the harness
only has 4 wires there isn't a way to do it.

Paul Vina