eidsvikDM

Default Problem here w/4ch High Power Amp and 6 speakers

Getting a hissing/scratching sound in the front 4 speakers. Pair of
tweets and pair of coax. Both pairs are 35w rms. The noise is
independent of the volume control. Volume up or down and no change in
the volume of the problem noise.

I run 3 pairs of speakers off this amp. 2 in front as mentioned
above. They are driven from 2 of the four channels on the amp (2ohm
stable) and a pair of 6x9's in the rear driven from the other 2
channels.

I do not get this noise coming from the 6x9's running from the same
amp. I have tried swapping the front and rear channels at my
amplifier. Expecting to find that the noise would then be on my 6x9's
but nope still in only in front. So that dispelled my theory that it
was a channel/crossover going bad.

OK so now I'm thinking that it's due to my speaker wiring decision.
My 6x9's are the only drivers operating on their own channel....and no
noise. My front 4 speakers are sharing a channel. I have them wired
where the positive signalfrom the amp is split, then run one + to the
coax + and one to the tweet +. Same for the neg. This is done on both
left and right channels for front speakers.

Is it obvious that this is my problem or not?
Have I wired them inappropriately? How should I have them wired if I
want to run these four (35w rms)drivers from the same channel?

Appreciate it