tap1n

Default WTB: 2 quads GE 6550A's

Let me know what you have and how much.

TIA

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Dan Nicotera

I hope your not the same Tapin that offered to buy some amps..and never
emailed back that he was not interested any more.
That's not how the audio fellows work ..If you say you want to buy something
and then decide to back out for some reason, then
it's only common courtesy to let the person know you cannot complete the
transaction.
Dan
"tap1n" wrote in message
Let me know what you have and how much.

TIA

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Jim McShane

"tap1n" wrote...

Let me know what you have and how much.

I have quads of GE JAN 6550As in stock, matched
by me at real operating voltages (465 volts plate,
screen). They are matched to +/- 1.5 ma, and 10%
or better Gm. They are $264.50/quad, which includes
shipping in the USA.

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Jon Yaeger

Jim,

What do you use to measure and match the tubes?

TIA,

Jon

Jim McShane

Jon Yaeger wrote...

Jim,

What do you use to measure and match the tubes?

I built a matching setup. It uses a Hewlett-Packard
high voltage regulated bench supply for power. I can
match at up to about 560 volts and up to 200 ma.
cathode current. I do 'em one tube at a time.

My Gm measurements are done on my modified TV-7B
or my AVO CT-160, it depends on the tube.