-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default JVC KD-SH99 or a Clarion DXZ738RMP? Help Please

Hey cop that JVC I have the lower model than the 99 but the 99 is by far the
best. If you can find the last years models KD-SH707 it is similar price and
in performance bu t has a round display and better graphics. I highly
reccomend it if you can find it. It plays MP3s and has 4.5 pre's.

EFFENDI

"Benje" wrote in message
Basically I'm looking to get an MP3 headunit, but I also want a aux in,
without having to buy a further adaptor.

Has anyone got any opinions on the above two units?

The JVC is £200, but am I right in thinking its nearly two years old? Also
can anyone confirm if there is a big gap between playing mp3 tracks on
either of the units and if there is can anyone recommend a unit which

doesnt
have a 2 second gap between tracks?

Thanks in advance,

Ben J

Duncan A. McRae

I have the Clarion DXZ735MP. It pleases me, almost as much as the DX715
that it replaced (the 715 having been stolen).

I appreciate
- being able to control the sub (I like my music clean, I don't like
shaking windows three blocks away)
- changing the colour, so I can mute it
- random-play within folders for MP3 (my friend can play randomly across
all folders, but can't limit it)

I don't appreciate
- the fact that the face isn't motorized like the 715. That was cool.
- the cluttered face
- the retarded graphics, which are a million times worse on anything else I
saw
- the time it takes to spool up an MP3 file - it takes a long time, IMO.

I like Clarion. I've been a big fan of JVC's other electronics, but the
radios I saw just didn't turn me on.

"Benje" wrote in message
Basically I'm looking to get an MP3 headunit, but I also want a aux in,
without having to buy a further adaptor.

Has anyone got any opinions on the above two units?

The JVC is £200, but am I right in thinking its nearly two years old? Also
can anyone confirm if there is a big gap between playing mp3 tracks on
either of the units and if there is can anyone recommend a unit which

doesnt
have a 2 second gap between tracks?

Thanks in advance,

Ben J

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

The JVC KD-SH707 has almost the same features, better graphics and layout,
motorized adjustable angle face, and it is fast at buffering. it can be
found for around $300.00. It a matter of preference though. Go with what
matches your needs in a headunit then make a decision. I wouldnt be worried
about who in here likes it or not. Go with something that will last you a
while and do what you want it to.

EFFENDI

able.rogers.com...

"Benje" wrote in message
Basically I'm looking to get an MP3 headunit, but I also want a aux in,
without having to buy a further adaptor.

Has anyone got any opinions on the above two units?

The JVC is £200, but am I right in thinking its nearly two years old?

Also
can anyone confirm if there is a big gap between playing mp3 tracks on
either of the units and if there is can anyone recommend a unit which

doesnt
have a 2 second gap between tracks?

Thanks in advance,

Ben J

mixmastersmike

Go with the jvc..load times are very minimum ..and no skipping

MMS
--
mixmastersmike
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=155032